• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Just had a little paint added to my Rem. 5r .308

B Man

Little Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2010
South side of Big River
I started hunting from the ground stalking with my 5r some and decided I had to hide the stainless sheen... I figured with the Sandstone stock I had customized for it that some desert digital camo would look good together. My buddy that dipped it ran out of ink with the barrel/action & bolt. He will have another shipment before long and off it goes back to the dipping booth to finish the trigger guard, floor plate, rings/base's, and bi-pod to finish it off.

Before:

46.jpg

44.jpg

After:

49.jpg

43.jpg

42.jpg

41.jpg

Turned out better than I thought it would.

Re: Just had a little paint added to my Rem. 5r .308

Nice..

I like it.

How well does that stand up to regular / hunting use? Obviously I'm not dragging my rifle behind my truck across the pavement.

Was thinking about a Marpat type digi-woodland camo dip for one of my hunting rifles.

As long as its done correctly it holds up awesome. I got a franchi 712 that's over 10 yrs old and been run through the mill that looks great today.

Thanks guys for helping feel good about my decision. I was hoping I wasn't convincing my self of it.

great looking job, time to krylon the scope and finish it out. or cover it with vegetation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great looking job, time to krylon the scope and finish it out. or cover it with vegetation. </div></div>

Letting him finish it when he gets his new shipment of camo in.

Thanks guys, I'm about to let him dip a SR22 pistol i'm buying my fiance in shadow grass.

He took up this hobby a year back and now has more guns than he can stand to dip. Doing a great job and awesome price.

Do you ever have trouble getting a cheek weld when prone? Seems like you've got your scope way up there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scott123456789</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you ever have trouble getting a cheek weld when prone? Seems like you've got your scope way up there. </div></div>

A little higher than I like. We put this scope on as a test to see how durable they are for the money. It's a konus M30. What you brought up is one of my dislikes about it. The eyepiece is huge and I had to set the scope up this high for my Rem 5r to keep the bolt from hitting it when bolting in another round. Other than that for the money they cost we have been amazed how duable they are. It took one hell of a spill with a dead lick on the scope and held zero. It's going on my 22 trainer when it gets in.

Nice job, blends in real good. Don't go to far from it or you may not find it.. My SF friend hung his gillie up to dry went back to get it and could not find it even with some help. MM

What rifle, I don't see a rifle

Cool, good job!

Nice work, similar color scheme, but enough contrast between the barreled action and the stock. Some folks do the whole rifle in one color and ends up looking like a frickin crayon.

Which crtters you harvesting with the 5R?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice work, similar color scheme, but enough contrast between the barreled action and the stock. Some folks do the whole rifle in one color and ends up looking like a frickin crayon.

Which crtters you harvesting with the 5R?

</div></div>

Sorry guys been out of pocket for awhile.

Thanks, I started to do just the action and barrel in Dura coat coyote brown until my buddy told me he had this pattern. I hoped the break up pattern of the DG camo would match up well.
As far as critters it's been several deer, hogs, and a few fethered creatures that stuck around to long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a floating scope. </div></div>

Not trying to be a smart @ss but this is the results from that floating scope. This is the only tournaments I have shot in. Went 3 for 3 in a 600 yard BR match.

For the money these are rock solid scopes that hold a zero with some punishment.

We also put a Konus pro plus on my ruger NO.1 tropical .458 win mag just for a laugh. I still have it on there! Just over 2 box's of bullets and zero has not shifted. Thats one heck of a statement for a $175 scope!

I have way better quality scope but they cost ALOT more.

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg