• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just in case you have an extra 30k lying around

Mike Casselton

Team Beer and Donuts.
Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2007
    Lithia, FL
    My favorite gun store has this little gem on hand.

Screenshot_20180428-185459.png

Call me a cheap slut, but there's no way in hell I'd drop that kinda money on just ONE item. It would be interesting to see how the prices would drop if the 1986 MG ban was abolished.

Reactions: Bender
    Well, I do have the FM (an original copy) on the M-2 Browning...

NFS, though...

Greg

Lol... Dude rants on the internet about how shit is going down, advises everyone to stock up, but can't buy a 50 cal because his wife won't let him.

haa

i can see it now, hey honey can i go get my haircut?
    yes dear, ill run right back upstairs and put the seat down for you
    oh snookums, the guys are going to laugh at me if you dont let me buy the machine gun, pleassssse?

I got one a few years back. $8k will get you a semi (what I have, a new one) and $16k will get you a full auto registered one that's been used. M3 mods and GAU16's cost less due to using used parts and can be had for $6k (I'd like a GAU16 myself). $30k and it better be new or have some kind of history that makes it worth the extra. The M2HB's were always sort of the best kept NFA secret IMO. But as far as semi auto machineguns go, this one doesn't give up it's badass card along with the autosear.

Anyway, it's a lot of fun and it shuts anti's straight the fuck up or sends 'em into apoplectic tantrum fits --both are amusing. Almost as amusing as shooting the M2.

The gun is cheap. It's gonna be EVERYTHING ELSE that gets you. Wanna actually shoot it? Gonna need at minimum a tripod and pintle but you're gonna want a Mk93 or Mk64 I'm sure and a T&E and of course you're gonna wanna mount it on a vehicle (god, I hope you at least have that!) and there's the pintle post and the welding necessary to properly install it. There's also a $4k device with the mount, seat and all --just bolt in truck bed and viola! Instant technical. The sight, oh goddamn, the cheapest one will be an EoTech (yeah right) but Trijicon is where it's at and that's $4k. The optics mounts can vary but KAC makes a great cheap one for a few hundred. Then you'll probably wanna good LRF at the range. Another $4k unless you can score a deal. This thing has one helluva range with that four foot long barrel. If you pimp it, you'll have the Surefire Hellfighter lamp on it, those went for $8k new I think, complete with the "rail system".

Now we get into ammo! Yay! Cheapest route will be to buy barrels of brass on govliquidation and a Dillon press and get started. If loading yourself, all of it yourself, you can mfg. ammo for around a few dollars per API/T loads. You'll want an arsenal delinker. Oh, and links. All of this shit is heavy enough to warrant freight shipping, so there's that, and a dock or pavement to unload on really helps. OR, $100,000 will get you approx. 10k rounds. I didn't have that much so I got components in bulk here and there but it was still costly.

And at the end of the day, hope you never really have to work on it because 1. EVERYTHING uses a special too. Everything. And people that know how to work on them and for a reasonable price is rare. Good think is they are solid weapons. It's also a blowback operated gun in case you wondered, so the bolt assy. alone weighs like twenty pounds and it has a buffer spring that'll hold up a buick.

Seriously, this thing is a beast and hindsight being 20/20 an M107 with all the shit would have been cheaper. But more fun? Nah. No way.

Reactions: deersniper
    Cooler?
    Have you seen the Mexican drug war video of them shooting it out with small arms then the 50 on the technical rolls in and finishes things

I just bought two BMW Motorcycles in the last month, she is thinking retirement soon, I gotta work this a bit but situation looks doubtful
    Sell off the 2 beamers! Hell I'll put some in the pot!

Wasn't it Waterworld, or something,,, where the guy was "given'r" on a quad 50? Some crazy thing like that,,,, many many moons ago.