• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just joined! And Just bought a new setup...

mwurman

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2013
Well first post on here, and wanted to share my new setup. Added the Savage 110 FCP Precision 338 Lapua to my collection. Just ordered it! It'll be a long reacher along with my older Savage 116 BSS 300 RUM. Both topped with NightForce NXS scopes. Looking forward to getting it out to the range!

This is it:
110fcphsprecision.jpg

And my older 116:
8398630078_4ee30f434d_c.jpg

Re: Just joined! And Just bought a new setup...

Nice looking rig, both of them.

You didn't happen to pick that 338 up from Potter's did you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Got Diesel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking rig, both of them.

You didn't happen to pick that 338 up from Potter's did you? </div></div>

Thanks! I didn't actually...i found it at a dealer in New Mexico via Guns America

you guys ever take time to clean up your range? I'd be embarrassed to shoot there.......

nice gun btw, I'd love to have a big boy caliber

Wow! Great looking rifle. You must have a very long range to be able to stretch out the 338.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longbowmech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! Great looking rifle. You must have a very long range to be able to stretch out the 338. </div></div>

Like easily over 1000?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadCountyDep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you guys ever take time to clean up your range? I'd be embarrassed to shoot there.......
</div></div>

Man, really? The guy is trying to fit in and be a good guy on this site and you make a douche statement like that? I'd be embarrassed if you shot at my ranges.

Nice sticks man. Glad to have you aboard and welcome. Shit ton of info on here so enjoy. Lots of great guys that are always willing to help. Just play by the rules and you will love it here. Freaking addictive! Enjoy that 338. It's a beast!

Thanks! yeah did alot of research and ended up on the 338 lapua. Savage also chambers that rifle in a 308 and 300 Win Mag...but if I were to go that route, I would have most likely gone with a Remington 700 SPS Tactical 20". But yeah, ordered my reloading dies and brass for it today. Still need to order bullets. I've had awesome luck with hornady .308 SST's with the RUM, so i'll test them out with various powders in the 338. Gotta find out what works best with that gun!

As far as the range...yeah, i know. That day I took the picture, I was actually planing on going out to another range, but they happened to be closed, so this place was the only one open. It made do...otherwise I avoid it. They have up to a 300 yard there..but I have two ranges I prefer in ohio that have 1000-2000 yard reaches. Perfect for these big calibers.

Definitely looking forward to learning more on here...precision shooting has become a passion since I was 14 and a Boy Scout shooting the best groups i could with a Ruger .22 at 25 yards
smile.gif
From there, well its what they say, the older us men get, the bigger our toys get haha

Welcome to the Hide.

Guess we might be seeing this at the matches this summer at Rayners? Rayners only have 1000 yards but you can bring your close range gun for the matches.
smile.gif

Nice guns, I too remember the old days at Scout Camp and shooting the 22LR. Not sure they even allow that anymore, times sure have changed.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to the Hide.

Guess we might be seeing this at the matches this summer at Rayners? Rayners only have 1000 yards but you can bring your close range gun for the matches.
smile.gif

Nice guns, I too remember the old days at Scout Camp and shooting the 22LR. Not sure they even allow that anymore, times sure have changed.

Topstrap </div></div>

Possibly! 1000 yards is still serious business
smile.gif
Yeah definitely will have to bring my CZ455 .22LR...That rifle is not only beautiful, its freakin accurate as what. It makes ME look good haha I know we still have .22 shooting and 20 gauge shotgun at our local scout camp I went to.

Tom and a few of us have been talking about Rayners having long range 22LR matches. Farthest distance may be 400 yards but nothing finalized yet. Can use a few of the closer targets from the LR steel matches. Should be fun stretching out those lil rimfires. If he does I'll add that to the schedule on here in the Match section.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom and a few of us have been talking about Rayners having long range 22LR matches. Farthest distance may be 400 yards but nothing finalized yet. Can use a few of the closer targets from the LR steel matches. Should be fun stretching out those lil rimfires. If he does I'll add that to the schedule on here in the Match section.

Topstrap </div></div>

Sounds awesome! Definitely be up for that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark U</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well first post on here, and wanted to share my new setup. Added the Savage 110 FCP Precision 338 Lapua to my collection. Just ordered it! It'll be a long reacher along with my older Savage 116 BSS 300 RUM. Both topped with NightForce NXS scopes. Looking forward to getting it out to the range!

This is it:
110fcphsprecision.jpg

And my older 116:
8398630078_4ee30f434d_c.jpg
</div></div>

Ha I know those shithole benches anywhere! A&A correct? It's run by a nice elderly couple on their farm. They have some family that helps out but for the most part its self regulated and often gets abused by brainless yokels and mall ninjas bump firing AK47s. Welcome to the hide, Mark. Avoid the rabble and you'll enjoy your stay.

Howdy BearJew, coming to Rayners in Feb? Need to get more of these Buckeyes down for the matches or even just a get together to share the BS and try to hit a few targets.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Howdy BearJew, coming to Rayners in Feb? Need to get more of these Buckeyes down for the matches or even just a get together to share the BS and try to hit a few targets.

Topstrap </div></div>

Absolutely, Dennis. What day in Feb?

Just posted a new thread for Rayners in the Competition threads. Feb 23-24 are the days, am hoping weather clears up to get in at least one practice/tweak day. Made a few changes and need to get ready. I'll try to let you know if we venture down, maybe you can make the trip before the match.

Topstrap

Welcome aboard, those are two nice rigs, you will definitely enjoy it here. Just take some people with a grain of salt...

Mark U,

Welcome to the Hide. There are some very sharp people on this site. Take advantage and soak up all you can. Very nice rifles.
cool.gif

Regards,
Paul

Thank you everyone..just put an EGW full 20MOA rail on the old 116...so time to rezero that rifle. Considering it was zero'd at 0 MOA, and since I know how to do math, I'm thinking my "at home" readjust will get me close haha Oh and the 110FCP will arrive here on Tuesday...stoked

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ha I know those shithole benches anywhere! A&A correct? It's run by a nice elderly couple on their farm. They have some family that helps out but for the most part its self regulated and often gets abused by brainless yokels and mall ninjas bump firing AK47s. Welcome to the hide, Mark. Avoid the rabble and you'll enjoy your stay. </div></div>

Yep that would be A&A
frown.gif
I like that they have a 200 yard but goodness, for what they charge to shoot there, you'd hope it would be a little more well kept. I usually go out to Grand River. It s a public range managed by the Ohio Dept of Wildlife. $24 a year and you can go anytime they are open, as long as you want..but they only have up to 100 yards...so kinda a waste to bring the heavy hitters to that range. But its clean, well controlled, and the people are awesome! Here's a couple pics from last year...

8419255259_8ce3484c2b_z.jpg
8420354406_cf78f00125_z.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark U</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ha I know those shithole benches anywhere! A&A correct? It's run by a nice elderly couple on their farm. They have some family that helps out but for the most part its self regulated and often gets abused by brainless yokels and mall ninjas bump firing AK47s. Welcome to the hide, Mark. Avoid the rabble and you'll enjoy your stay. </div></div>

Yep that would be A&A
frown.gif
I like that they have a 200 yard but goodness, for what they charge to shoot there, you'd hope it would be a little more well kept. I usually go out to Grand River. It s a public range managed by the Ohio Dept of Wildlife. $24 a year and you can go anytime they are open, as long as you want..but they only have up to 100 yards...so kinda a waste to bring the heavy hitters to that range. But its clean, well controlled, and the people are awesome! Here's a couple pics from last year...

8419255259_8ce3484c2b_z.jpg
8420354406_cf78f00125_z.jpg
</div></div>

Honestly it's worth it for the benches alone. Those wooden heaps at AA aren't deep enough to accommodate a bipod and a rear rest, the steel benches are busted and the barn on the 200yd line just needs to be torn down and rebuilt; I gotta straddle the hole in the middle of it just to zero.

Let us know how she shoots when you get it. I am very seriously eyeing this one myself, then dropping it in a Mcmillan or Manners, with a Razor or possibly the new NF ATACR on top.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spelunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let us know how she shoots when you get it. I am very seriously eyeing this one myself, then dropping it in a Mcmillan or Manners, with a Razor or possibly the new NF ATACR on top. </div></div>

Will do! Might lead sled the thing just to get a benchmark if you will. Eliminate as much as the human factor as possible....shoot some groups..see what happens. From what I have read on the 110 FCP 338 Lapua, is that it kicks about as hard as a suppressed 308. Thats pretty impressive if thats the case. Seeing as it has a side exit brake, I imagine it will be incredibly stable as well. Much nicer than my dancy unbraked 300 RUM
wink.gif

As far as A&A, yeah, as you can see in my picture, my rifle barely fits on that bench lol I would take shooting my magnums at Grand River at 100 yards over going to A&A any day!

Everything is converging
smile.gif
Rifle arrives today...reloading dies came yesterday...bullets come tomorrow and brass arrives on thursday! Already have primers and powder. Should be ready to go by the weekend! WIN

Well here she is! Came in today...installed a 6-9in Harris Bipod on it, Using the stock rail from EGW for now...but put my NightForce NXS 8-32 on it with some Trijicon rings. Now...just waiting for the rest of my reloading stuff to come in
smile.gif

8429268254_c73d8dd001_c.jpg

8428176321_ff50eac165_c.jpg

8428176129_3e638286e1_c.jpg

8428175999_1a8e290f96_c.jpg

and a new case..custom cut foam

8481283781_e10515f17f_c.jpg

Nice. You get started reloading for it yet? If its like my 110BA, you'll find crazy accurate loads with the 250gr matchkings and a healthy dose of retumbo.

Mark U
Welcome to Sniper's Hide.
Nice set up; let us know how she shoots from 100 to 2000; I shot the 110 BA .338 LM many times, up to over a mile and it is a good rifle but never shot the 110 FCP HSP.
Looking forward to see the results.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

MAJOR violation.... employing a trigger lock.

100 point penalty.