• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Just picked up a G17 for $400!!

Unless you have the night sight version with the metal sights, I'd replace the factory plastic sights. I'm also a fan of cleaning up and polishing the contact surfaces on the trigger bar, striker, striker block, and connector. You can get a much nicer trigger pull without spending anything. I prefer to keep factory springs in the gun for reliability (with the possible exception of a lightened striker block spring.) Other than that, just practice!

I was never a Glock fan until I shot the G17 and then I bought one. I actually have a G17L which is their target gun. I upgraded my sights and had the internals polished up a bit. Otherwise its pretty factory and accurate as hell. Congrats on the purchase.

Trijicon sights and a good holster. Milt Sparks for IWB in leather (their VM2 is the shit!) or perhaps a Blackhawk lvl.2 for OWB in plastic. A good gun belt, don't overlook that. It is akin to a good scope on a good rifle. Don't use a walmart belt to carry. The Galco and Bladetech belts aren't the best, but they are sufficient and will do the job nicely.

Lots and lots of cheap FMJ or plated ammo to practice, a few hundred of the good carry stuff (pick on, Glocks eat 'em all). Shoot it a lot, get familiar with it, practice with it.

As for modding it, you will hear of folks who put all kinds of shit in their Glocks, but Glocks run best with factory parts. Don't do shit to it, just shoot it. You can't upgrade them, you can only be sold on upgrades. Get it? The only aftermarket parts I use are recoil springs and guide rods in my range pistols. And from time to time, those do jam up. Not with factory parts though.

A Glock isn't one of those add on and upgrade type weapons out there and more common today. If it came with real sights, it wouldn't need anything at all done to it.

I polish the engagement surfaces on mine too, but make sure to just polish, not stone. Those surfaces wear over time anyway and if you get aggressive, then you'll cause premature wear. A dremel tool with the cotton polish drum works great, maybe with a bit of polish, toothpaste or lapping compound. Make sure you know what you are doing, check it for safety, and dont' overdo it.

Like I said, they work best stock.

I add a Glock extended slide stop release to all mine. $10, move 1 pin. It takes about 30 seconds to install. I also like a NY1 trigger spring in anything I'm going to carry on a regular basis (personal, safety preference). Increases trigger pull weight by 2.5-3ish lbs. $2 part and 4 minutes of your day.

I only us Glock parts (other than sights). Most gunsmiths will tell you most Glock problems result from after market parts. My .02.

i was kinda thinking like a stippling job, and maybe an RMR if im feeling special,
Im a bit of a brand whore and i follow alot of diffrent shooters and travis haley always suggest gcode holster any thoughts??

I'll give you $405 for it !

I was never much of a glock fan ether I still prefer my 1911's but I'm now up to 3 soon to be 4 blocks now 17,19,26, and soon 29

I like mag wells, trijicon night sights, I'm in the process of adding a delta point to my 17. And polish up the insides

I'm a big fan of the G17, actually have one sitting on my desk as I type this. Every Glock I own gets modified, no modification I have ever made has caused a malfunction. I'm a believer that Glock got most of it right, but there are a few things that the aftermarket offers that will improve on it. The things I do to every Glock I own are:

- Ghost Inc. "bullet" slide release
- stainless guide rod spring assembly
- "25 cent trigger job"
- aftermarket trigger connector

My biggest gripe, if you'd call it that, is the feel of the trigger on a stock glock and the overtravel part of the trigger pull to be more specific. I put a Ghost "rocket" trigger connector in a couple of my glocks and love what it did to the triggers. They take a little fitting to install, but it's not anything complicated. I just bought another 19 and a 26 that I'm waiting on to get to my FFL and picked up some parts for them, but this time I'm going to try out the ghost "evo elite" trigger connector they claim is better than the "rocket". These will both get the connector and spring kit along with the other stuff listed above. I also picked up a lone wolf barrel for the 26 so I can shoot lead for it, if they had one available for the 19 and 17 I'd have picked them up too but they were out of stock.

I don't do a damn thing to my glocks and I think anything above a sight upgrade is unnecessary in my opinion. They just don't fail the way they come and I prefer that over any upgrade.

Besides the sights the best thing I have done is put in the glockworks overtravel stop. It won't hurt reliability and it really makes the trigger feel a lot better.

What gen? Guessing 2 or maybe 3 if you paid 400 for it.

Gen 4's need, IMO, a - connector. The factory . connector is a bit rough for my taste, but the - connecter is awesome in the Gen 4's. IMO it makes it more like a Gen 3 trigger. I like the Vickers extended mag release on the Gen 4's. The Gen 3's IMO dont necessarily NEED an extended mag release, but the Gen 4's for sure need it. And get some night sights. Ive been digging on the Trijicon HD's or the Ameriglo Hacks or Pro's if you want a 3 dot setup with the big front dont. IF you want fiber optic, IMO, Dawson is the only way to go.

Necessity? Metal sights. I'd also go ahead and pick up some extra parts like the trigger spring, an extra guide rod/ recoil spring, pins, etc...for not a lot of money. Beyond that I'd go shoot it as it is and then worry about mods.

I like plain ol 17s but I like them better:

- Dremeled and textured with a soldering iron
- Chopped - chop the grip to the length of a 19
- 10-8 sights w/ .156 rear, I brass beads over trit fronts
- Skate deck tape on the top of the slide

Holsters - I like IWB only. I have a Sparks VM2, but have been using VanGuard 2 pretty much daily for the last year. I Dremeled the land yard loop off (more comfy).

Last edited:
Here's my 19 that got a .25 cent trigger job, grip reduction and stippling job. I like it better, and i think it carries better.

DCGY6b2.jpg

All of my Glocks get Warren sights, Glock (-) connector and Vickers mag release ans slide stop. I'm also a fan of Trugrip grip tape.

The 17 is by far my favorite, I own two and I'm considering a third!

That stippling job looks a lttle ruff,

I just followed some pics on the web,
Look pretty close to something from Glockworx or somewhere professional.

I will post pics shortly.

Can't knock a man's stippling job... It's not easy, and it's all personal preference. My second one definitely came out better, and maybe a grip reduction to come later...

CLx2hwc.jpg

Last edited:
G19 is a much better CCW option, IMO. I carried the 17... then went to the 19. The 19 is just lovely.

I'm 6'3 240lbs.

It is all in what you prefer when it comes to guns and how far you want to go. Here is a couple of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20130722_214418_817[1].jpg
    IMG_20130722_214418_817[1].jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 18
5.5lb disconnector (if it doesn't already have one), trijicons, and extended slide release. That's the only thing I ever do to a glock. They don't need anything else.