• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Just received my 700 AAC-SD

nefarious79

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2010
2010-09-28194231.jpg

2010-09-28194335.jpg

Ive wanted one of these since they were announced in April or May. My dealer called to tell me he had one for me 3 weeks ago. I finally got to go pick it up last night took it home for $600 OTD. Initial impression is good, the trigger is much better than I thought it would be. There is no take up or movement and it breaks clean. There was a lot of gunk in the feedramp area and locking lug area as well as the barrel. The stock isnt trimmed out very well and there is overhang all over the place and it touches at the front. Not a big deal as it will be replaced with an AICS come tax time.

A LaRue 20moa base will be here in a day or two. If I want to take this to the LaRue rifle shoot in about 2 more weeks I am going to have to settle for less scope than Id like, like a Bushnell 3200 10x mil/mil and warne rings instead of a Falcon Menace and TPS rings.

Tough choices better gear or more trigger time(ie. more ammo)

Re: Just received my 700 AAC-SD

i wonder why you cant get it in an A4 or A5 out of the box? looks like a nice rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i wonder why you cant get it in an A4 or A5 out of the box? looks like a nice rifle </div></div>

Well there is supposed to be a "blackout" model in the works that will have a nicer stock among other features, reference http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1585308

I had seriously thought about waiting for one of those over my SPS tactical but I just didn't want to wait for who knows how long. I may never even get around to getting the paperwork/tax stamp for a suppressor anyway.
I'm sure you'll love it. My sps tac. is a tack driver.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Judge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More pics please
wink.gif
</div></div>

2010-09-29145328.jpg

2010-09-29145652.jpg

2010-09-29145459.jpg

2010-09-29145722.jpg

2010-09-29145708.jpg

2010-09-29145425.jpg

2010-09-29145620.jpg

2010-09-29145522.jpg

smile.gif

Does the suppressor come with the rifle? If so, pics please
smile.gif

The rifle comes threaded, but the suppressor is not included i believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badred6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rifle comes threaded, but the suppressor is not included i believe. </div></div>
You're right, I misread the info on Remington website.

I had no idea that those came with 1-10" rifling.... I thought they were just tacking on $100 for the threading.. I just bought a SPS and cut it down to 18" and had it threaded... pretty much trying to "build" this exact gun... but my only compromise was the 1-12"... I plan to shoot the heavier 175gr and up... if only id have known.. Well if this 1-12" dont perform I know where i'll find my next template. Thanks for posting the pics.. id still not know if i hadnt seen the pic with the twist rate printed on the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That action looks different to your standard 700 </div></div>

Looks the same to me...except for the lettering.

Josh

I have an AAC-SD 308

It now sits in an AICS 2.0

It shoots sub MOA using Hornady 168 gr A-MAX

I am happy for out of the box rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goose375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had no idea that those came with 1-10" rifling.... I thought they were just tacking on $100 for the threading.. I just bought a SPS and cut it down to 18" and had it threaded... pretty much trying to "build" this exact gun... but my only compromise was the 1-12"... I plan to shoot the heavier 175gr and up... if only id have known.. Well if this 1-12" dont perform I know where i'll find my next template. Thanks for posting the pics.. id still not know if i hadnt seen the pic with the twist rate printed on the barrel. </div></div>

My 1/12" SPS shoots 175s Really, REALLY well. I wouldn't sweat it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That action looks different to your standard 700 </div></div>

Looks the same to me...except for the lettering.

Josh </div></div>

Yeh just me tripping balls... been a while since ive seen one without a base on it! Forgot that the rear of the action was actually flatter than the front.

What supplier did your dealer order it from? My dealer cant find one anywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tactical rifling....Gotcha.

Let me know if you need a bolt knob conversion, I can get it kicked back to you quickly.

Mark

Bolt Knob Conversion </div></div>

I'll be talking to you about this as soon as I figure out optics
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zack-s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What supplier did your dealer order it from? My dealer cant find one anywhere. </div></div>

I dont know the name of the supplier but I know they only got 3 of them, and this was the first time (that im aware of) that any had been made available from remington besides the ones that were sold at the shot show.

2010-10-01142734.jpg

2010-10-01142810.jpg

Received my LaRue 20moa base yesterday and an Eagle stock pack from Triad today

2010-10-01145042.jpg

Barcode on receiver...anyone know when they started doing this?

and you can also see how piss poor the trimming of the stock is in this pic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackblue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking good. I like the larue rail. </div></div>

The LaRue rail fits the chamber cutout perfectly...Not to put down Badger or any other $100+ base but I really dont see how you could improve upon this...The fact that I got a dillo, dillo dust and stickers only sweetens the deal for a $75 base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeroed1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's mine.... http://www.snipershide.com:80/forum/ubbt...431#Post2053431

Did some work myself.... but also got the bolt knob conversion from Mark at SAC. Absolutely top notch work and fast turnaround. I highly recommend it! </div></div>

That is NICE!! im diggin' it...

Received mine about two weeks ago and can't wait to shoot it. I will post pics when i get time.

I'm glad I saw this thread. I have a Larue mount for the Aimpoint on my AR which is very nice, but I didn't think of them when it came to getting a scope base for my 700 AAC. I will be ordering one. I have a Manners T2 coming this month for the 700, Badger bolt knob already installed, just need to decide on a scope. Building them is just as fun as shooting them!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nefarious79</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2010-10-01145042.jpg

Barcode on receiver...anyone know when they started doing this?

and you can also see how piss poor the trimming of the stock is in this pic </div></div>

I got my .300WM Remy 700r5 in NOV 08 it had the same bar code stamping/etching in the same spot.

Don't really notice unless your cleaning the rifle and the bolt is out of it.

Just registered here to say thanks for posting about that Larue rail. I picked my aac-sd up from my ffl today and just ordered the rail.
Looks great.
Had a devil of time finding the rifle, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VANANATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does tactical mean 5r rifling? And is it a coated stainless barrel? I'm trying to decide beetween this and the 5r-VAN </div></div>

your main diffrence there is the twist rate. The AAC has a 1-10" as shown ing the pics, the 5R has 1-11.25" twist. Also the 5R has a diffrent type of cut for the rifling. They both shoot 175s so its your choice...

2010-10-14142046.jpg

Received my Harris BRM

Going to swap the Warne high rings for some medium ones. The rings and the Vortex Scope are just stand ins till I decide what I want to do optic wise. I am leaning towards a 10x from WOTAC or SWFA w/ side focus.

MUST NOT LOOK....... WILL HAVE TO GO BUY 1........

GOTTA FIGHT THE URGE!

Sweet stick.

Thanks Guys!

This is my first precision bolt gun, and surprisingly I have barely have $900 in it as is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any accuracy reports on the rifle? </div></div>

+1 I'd like to know how it's shooting as well.

What does the "Tactical Rifling" stamped in the barrel mean?

How many grooves does it have?

If "Tactical Rifling" means a 1:10 twist, my thirty year old ADL has "Tactical Rifling".

Nope not yet...and I am a little pissed to say the least..I tried to go to the range a couple times this weekend but was stuck waiting in line

range guy "um, there is a 2hr wait"
me "you guys close in an hour and a half....."

Picture008.jpg

Exchanged the high rings for medium ones

Just got mine a couple weeks ago, havent had a lot of range time with it yet. I shot 168gr fgmm at 100yds, 5 shot group that was a little smaller than 1/2 inch. It's a shooter for sure

Only had a chance to play a little, initially sight the scope at 50 yds, but it seems accurate enough. Still trying to decide if the stock is going to be enough of a detriment (to accuracy) that I need to spend to replace it.
The match ammo all went into one hole, of course - ball was spread out a bit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teal28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice. $600 OTD! Wow, what state are you in? </div></div> Kansas...I know the dealer...he sold it to me for ~$550-555+tax is like 8.9% here...so some online prices for firearms end up being cheaper than what dealer cost is plus tax

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nefarious79</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope not yet...and I am a little pissed to say the least..I tried to go to the range a couple times this weekend but was stuck waiting in line

range guy "um, there is a 2hr wait"
me "you guys close in an hour and a half....."

Picture008.jpg

Exchanged the high rings for medium ones</div></div>

Sounds like you need to get the paperwork started on your 762SD so you can start shooting in your back yard there!
wink.gif