• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just Scratched Another Ammo Supplier Off My List

168BTHPM

Werepig
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2008
    Nevada
    I was just looking to see what .22 match ammo was available because some of it is starting to show up online again. I checked Able Ammo, they have Wolf Match Extra available for $13.95 a box. I thought that has to be a misprint or maybe they have started selling it 2 boxes at a time like Champions Choice, but no they really want $13.95 a box. They have several other types of rimfire ammo with outrageous prices as well, like Remington Thunderbolt 50rd boxes for $15.95, CCI Standard Velocity 50rd boxes for $17.95, and Remington Target Rifle 50rd box for $20.95. The cheapest .22 ammo they have listed is American Eagle 50rd boxes for $10.98.

I didn't call them and voice my opinion about their pricing practices. It's a free country (for the time being) and they can charge what ever they want for their ammo, but I did delete them from my favorites and don't plan on doing any business with them in the future.

FYI: Champion Shooters has Wolf Match Extra in stock for $7.50 a box or $690 a case with a one case limit.

oddly, running some numbers the other day, it' now just a little bit more for me to load and shoot .308 than rimfire and more available!

luckily i do have enough components, but would my right testi for a box or two of 110 vmax heads. thursday i seen natchez had them, friday their site was experiencing difficulty and couldn't get an order in, out of stock by yesterday morning. he (me) who hesitated lost.

i may have to sub the vmax with a lesser head in the mean time.

i've already allocated enough CCI std vel for the remainder of this year and next year's silhouette matches i shoot in the event the nonsense continues.

as long as folks pay the price, they'll keep charging it.

My local shop has some 110 Vmax (or did Friday) - I'd pick up a couple boxes and mail them flat rate at cost to help a brotha out...

EDIT: don't recall price, seem to remember 23ish

Part of the problem with this buying frenzy in America is that it is hurting the rest of the worlds gun markets.

People in Australia who have not been smart enough to stock up, won't be able to shoot next year if they don't already have their ammunition in hand.

I have been told by several Australian middle men, that their orders to big American ammunition companies have been cancelled.

So America's problems are the worlds problems, just takes six months to trickle down.

I have not seen 110gr Vmax bullets in stock for some time now. Heard they became available last week but missed out everywhere. For now I am making do loading .300BLK with other bullets, but I would love to be able to recreate the factory Hornady ammo.