• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Just when you thought you read or heard everything

ddubas

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2007
Sidney,NE
Didn't know if I should post this here or in the reloadig section. Maybe others are blending powders for high performance loads. Found this on Cabela's web site for a customer review on a savage 110 .338 lapua. Enjoy,

Absolutely the best bolt rifle in its class!Date:September 1, 2012
I had read about this rifle, and it sounded quite interesting as I absolutely love .338 Lapua Mag, regardless of the distance I am shooting. I have owned dozens of bolt action rifles, from cheap plinkers to high-end extremely-accurate pieces of art, and ranging in caliber from .22WMR up to .458 SOCOM and just about everything in between.I do a lot of competitive shooting, from practical pistol/rifle and 3-Gun to 1000yd+ bench-rest and "tactical" competitions (timed killhouse runs). I actually went for years without having a good bolt action, preferring AR-platforms with 11" to 16" barrels for what I was doing, as well as lots of semi-auto handguns (particularly fond of the HK USP.45 Tactical and Sig P226T .357SIG).However, a friend that used to serve as a Scout Sniper Instructor in the USMC took me to one of his regular ranges one day, and when we got there he opened the trunk and there were over a dozen bolt-action and semi-automatic long-range precision rifles, ranging from (one) .223/5.56 to a few .308/7.62 to .300WM/.338LM/.458 and even a single .50cal Barrett.
I was hooked. I became absolutely obsessed with the incredible amount of variables that come into play when shooting at such ranges, stuff that is never even thought about at the 5-50yds common in my "regular" events.The next week, I went out and bought my first bolt, a Remington 700 Tactical with the 24" barrel. That rifle was one tough cookie, and I put a good 40,000 rounds through it before selling it and in that time it had maybe 3 FTF's and 2 MF's.I began collecting bolt action rifles, as I had already established an armory of semi and select-fire weapons.This rifle, well, it took me by surprise. .338 Lapua Magnum is not exactly a common cartridge, though I suppose it is more common than it was even a couple years ago.
<span style="font-weight: bold">I typically shoot an extremely heavily customized Accuracy Intl. AWM .338Lapua (custom-made spiral-fluted 26" barrel, Surgeon-enhanced action/bolt, completely custom trigger assembly with Molybdenum coating and adjustable from 0.5 to 10lbs of pull in 1/100th of a lb increments, a variety of optics depending on range but typically a Leupold 4.5-14x56, Nightforce 12-42x56, Leupold Mk4 8.5-24x50, or a Swarovski Z6 5-30x50; and typically a Harris Benchrest Bipod)...
This rifle, the AI, shoots sub-1" 5-shot groups at over 400yards with my "special recipe" loads (basically, it's a pretty heavy Boat-Tail Hollowpoint, moly-coated, with a mix of a few powders pushing it over the SAAMI pressure limits significantly but well within what the custom receiver/bolt/action are all capable of... compared to the same bullets with a "regular" load, it's good for another ~400fps at the muzzle), and only when not using the GemTech/AAC sound suppressors but instead a heavy muzzlebrake (looks very similar to what is used on the Barrett .50's).</span>
At 100yds, it shoots 1/4" 5shot groups no matter what you put in it, and often it will put all 5 rounds through the same hole when shooting from a bench rest.So, imagine my surprise when I get this rifle, throw on a Leupold 4.5-14x56 scope and a spare Harris bipod, sight in the scope with a laser bore-sight for 100 yards, and load a magazine with just regular old out-of-the-box Lapua Scenar 325gr BTHP rounds...
...and the rifle proceeds to put 5 shots in 0.425"!! First 5 rounds out of the rifle, excluding a few non-aimed rounds down-range to ensure that the everything was copacetic.Now, after having spent time practicing with it, it will consistently shoot 1/2" groups of 5 shots at 200yds using slightly-modified Lapua Scenar boat-tail hollowpoints.EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE RIFLE!! DON'T HESITATE

Re: Just when you thought you read or heard everything

Wow...I dunno whether to believe him or just shake my head. Dude sounds like a 16 YO who plays too much COD.

Must be this guy...

74477e6c93e89cbde4b527a5353c1bd036b59354.jpg__939x820_q85.jpg

Everything is super custom or heavily modified

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DennisHoward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im calling BS</div></div>

+1

Somebody fell off the wagon and is smoking PCP again.

I especially like the " Special mix" of powder.. i bet thats real scientific!

RELOADING RULES
RULE #1
NEVER and I mean NEVER mix powders!

guys like that lie to themselves and believe that shit!

All I can think of when I hear stories like this.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D-bZKQeRJXE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D-bZKQeRJXE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Do you think this is a good project for a Counter Sniper Scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InsidetheStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Must be this guy...

74477e6c93e89cbde4b527a5353c1bd036b59354.jpg__939x820_q85.jpg
</div></div>
No it can't be that guy. Cuz he looks like a beast.

I was done at 40,000 rounds.
Unless he shoots dor a living,
which he obviously does not,
he'd be one old SOB to have done all
of the shooting he claims and a rich SOB at that.

I totally believe the guy. I have over 60,000 rounds through my Remington 700 308 custom AI surgeon bolt action. I run 775gr bthp at 4400fps. Shoots one hole at 1500 yds.

But my Savage is even better.

40,000 rounds and I don't think he would have any accuracy! Atall

Crap! He said it only had 37,543 rounds on it when he sold it to me............

I too replaced the bonded-in action in my AI AW with a Surgeon that's a different shape/size and completely destroyed the value of my rifle. And I mix my own different-base powders to achieve more power, and have only blown my hand off three times. No, really.

Can someone figure out how far over SAAMI specs one would have to be to achieve an extra 400 fps?

Also, seeing as how you can not transport military owned weapons in a private vehicle:
1. How many servicemen make enough $$$ to own 12 sniper rifles to include a Barrett? (yes it is possible but not likely)
2. What vehicle has a trunk large enough to carry 12 sniper rifles to include a Barrett? Surely they couldn't be in cases or they wouldn't be visible to amaze this guy, and nobody would transport them loose smashing into eachother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raptor99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a load of "Horseshit"!!! </div></div>

I couldn't have said it better

40,000 rds. Probably never even seen that many rds. There is no way he ever shot that many. Including 22lr.

Never under estimate idiots. He may have seen a AICS and thought it was a AIAWM.

1 hole group. No, just lucky he hit the target one time. The other 4 never touched paper, thats why there is only one hole.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brenneman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everything is super custom or heavily modified </div></div>

I know, right? I mean who talks like that?

Shit's custom!
Varget + a touch of chili powder + .5 cc's of redbull and he can load gravel rocks into .300wm cases to hold 1/4minute of dildo at any altitude as long as he does his part..... You fuckers that think he's full of shit clearly don't true your ogives with a fingernail file.

This guy is a security guard at The Old Fed here in Anchorage. this has got to be Bruce. That idiot was saying the same kind of crap last year, trying to get me to mix Varget and RL-15 while shooting 220 grain roundnoses out of my M1A. "Make sure the bullets don't engage the Lands when you load it" he says......

"completely custom trigger assembly with Molybdenum coating and adjustable from 0.5 to 10lbs of pull in 1/100th of a lb increments"

Where can I get a trigger like that.

Could we feed him, he could be the new Gecko....

I know of two guys that "blend" their powder,
In short, the one is dead, took a bolt through the face... you do the math on that coincidence.
The other nearly killed a guy by detonating a Sako...

Shit's custom!
Varget + a touch of chili powder + .5 cc's of redbull and he can load gravel rocks into .300wm cases to hold 1/4minute of dildo at any altitude as long as he does his part..... You fuckers that think he's full of shit clearly don't true your ogives with a fingernail file.

Don't forget about the half 8-ball of coke...

I want one of these:

"an extremely heavily customized Accuracy Intl. AWM .338Lapua with a Surgeon enhanced action/bolt"

I especially like the " Special mix" of powder.. i bet thats real scientific!

RELOADING RULES
RULE #1
NEVER and I mean NEVER mix powders!

guys like that lie to themselves and believe that shit!
He may be FOS thats a given, but there are and have been Duplex and triplex powder loadings down to .308win levels. I've hosed new 308win brass and primer pockets in the first loading and never popped a primer. It's about holding the max pressure as long as possible.

I do like how the 458 SOCOM is now a precision long-range cartridge. That there is just precious.

My trigger is much better than his though as I can adjust mine from from -.7 to 15.5 pounds in 1/134th of a pound increments.

I'm calling it a joke. I really do hope this guy was crying laughing when he wrote this. I don't want to believe someone actually meant. There, I'm sticking with that.

This story is like saying you won the Indy 500 then went out and bought a KIA and you were blown away by how well it performed... But the car you drove at Indy was built by John Force,Tuned by Jack Roush & Danica Patrick gave you a BJ right before the race... Thats how much sense it makes