• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K&M Basic LRPR Course - 31-1 Mar/Apr- FL Panhandle

S.Kay

KM PRT
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2003
Finger, TN
<span style="font-weight: bold">K & M Precision Rifle Training announces and opens registration for the 31-1 March/April- Basic Long Range Precision Rifle Course (BLRPRC)</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">
For those of you not familiar with us or our training:</span>
http://kmprecisionrifletraining.com/

<span style="font-weight: bold">BLRPRC (2 Days)</span>
This is a two day course designed for the novice marksman who recently acquired a precision rifle platform, but it is highly encouraged and recommended for those who have had little or no formal training to attend. We promote a friendly and professional environment that puts new shooters at ease. We specialize in making you comfortable while giving you the best learning environment possible. A fast paced course, it will begin with firearms safety and rapidly transition into equipment comprehension, fundamentals of marksmanship, basic ballistics, wind reading, range estimation, movers and target engagements to 800 yards. Students will complete the course and have a basic proficiency in firearm safety, marksmanship fundamentals and a combined knowledge of their personal capabilities with their equipment.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Key Topics covered</span>:
• Safety
• Equipment selection and care
• Introduction to wind reading
• Employing the Milliradian reticule for range estimation
• Understanding MOA and Milliradian adjustments
• Introduction to basic field craft – cover and concealment/target detection
• Introduction to internal and external ballistics
• Introduction to positional shooting – prone, standing, kneeling, sitting
• Data gathering out to 800 yards
• Engagement of moving targets
• Building your position, basic fundamentals of marksmanship, trigger control, recoil management
<span style="font-weight: bold">
Course dates:</span>
31-1 March/April 2012

<span style="font-weight: bold">Remaining Slots Open: 0</span>

To register for the class, click on the link below the course description and complete the registration form. Please send it in to the address provided.
http://kmprecisionrifletraining.com/?page_id=5

The classes will be held at our first class training facility in Baker, Florida.
http://kmprecisionrifletraining.com/?page_id=12

<span style="font-weight: bold">Addition Information:</span>
There are good hotels in Crestview FL – they are 30 minutes away from the range (approx 25-30 miles). There is plenty of fast food, restaurants and shopping near the hotels as well. Stock up in town, there are no services near the facility. If you are interested in staying in the bunk house please contact us.
Northwest Florida Regional Airport (Ft Walton Beach) - 45 miles
Pensacola International Airport (Pensacola) – 60 miles

Feel free to contact us if you need more specific information about our training, us or anything else! We want to hear from you and what your interests are!

Look forward to seeing everyone and putting on a great training event.

Re: K&M Basic LRPR Course - 31-1 Mar/Apr- FL Panhandle

What's the round count and equipment list for this class?

KChen986,

Round count is 100-150 a day. Equipment list can be found here at the bottom of the page: kmprecisionrifletraining.com

If you have more questions or are short on equipment let us know, we don't want lack of support equipment holding your training back.

All,

Like Bryan said in another post this class will end up being closer to a fusion of our Basic and Advanced Courses. Because of its limited student size it will allow us to tailor instruction based on the shooters skill. So if you are new you won't be rushed through something you don't understand and if you are experienced we will be able to move on to more difficult skill sets. So don’t let the “basic name” scare you off.

We are looking forward to a great class - don't hesitate to call us!

Shannon

We have two slots that opened back up. Contact if interested. Those attending contact us if you want to stay in the bunkhouse at no charge. We plan on having a get together BBQ Saturday night there anyway.

We are completely redoing the website but until then here are some photos of the facility.

DSC_3051.jpg

DSC_3053.jpg

DSC_2974.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

DSC_3071.jpg

DSC_3062.jpg

DSC_3057.jpg

DSC_3069.jpg

DSC_3046.jpg

DSC_2946.jpg

Hopefully a spot stays open long enough for me to earn enough wifey credit for a weekend hallpass.

Thanks for filling us up Hide members! We are looking forward to a great class this weekend.

We'll try to get some post class photos up after the weekend.

Thanks Shannon and Bryan, the course kicked ass. Had a blast and learned a lot. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Guys,

Below are a few photos. Sorry they are all positional, but that is when I remembered to start taking them.

Thank you for choosing K & M for your training. We hope you all learned a lot and we know you all improved tremendously. We will see many of you soon at the Advanced Course! Nice job out there!

DSC_3231.jpg

DSC_3175.jpg

DSC_3132.jpg

DSC_3197.jpg

DSC_3183.jpg

DSC_3165.jpg

I would first like to give a round of applause to Shannon and Bryan. For the First Precision Rifle Training Class at K&M I thought they did an outstanding job.

The class was a great mix of shooters, from new shooters, to some of us old dogs that have been away from the game for awhile and needed an ass-kickin, and a few sandbaggers mixed in. It was my pleasure to meet all of you.

The class was structured so there was no lost time, professional instruction, and at a level beneficial to all experience levels.

We were able to put a lot of rounds downrange, shoot movers repeatedly, and work on all of our favorite "positional" themes.

There was plenty of instruction and coaching available, and quite a bit of " Hold .2 less DAMMIT" for those of us hearing impaired.

It was great to meet some of you newer shooters and was very impressive to see the tremendous progress and improvement made in just two "long" short days. Of course with top notch professional instruction and the hard work ethic of the shooters, visible success was inevitable.

It was the perfect environment for me to get a boot in my ass and get my head turned around and pointed in the right direction, the humiliation of my standing off hand performance has forever chapped my ass enough to make me work on it, and a multitude of other obvious weaknesses.

I did however get to knock quite a bit of rust off and feel good about banging steel again.

Every time I drive through the gates of the K&M I experience what most kids do when they arrive at Disneyland. I appreciate the opportunity to shoot there, as well as Bryan and Shannon's friendships.

If you are contemplating attending one of their courses, immediately quit thinking and register. Not only will you get quality professional instruction, you get the bonus of doing it at K&M's Premier Facility.