• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses K&M comprehensive course

Lesco Brandon

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 1, 2018
I just signed up for the K&M Comprehensive Precision Rifle Course (4 days) in June with a buddy. Is anyone else going? We are traveling from Ohio. We both have military experience and shoot out to 1000 yards often. For those that have attended this class what should we expect? How was your experience? How much class vs range time? Did you feel anything was way beneath you or over your head? I'm really looking forward to this class.

It will be a great class. You will enjoy it immensely. I would say 60% range and 40% class. Be sure to bring atleast the minimum number of rounds but I would probably bring more. My avatar was taken in the march class last year.

Reactions: Lesco Brandon
I attended back in October. It was 4 days of pure precision rifle shooting heaven. Classroom sessions were heaviest in the first day and a half. Seems like almost all of day 3 and 4 were range time.

Shannon and Jason were the instructors for my class. They made the class. Easy to talk to, made us comfortable, and above all really watched each student and gave us lots of feedback. Had a fairly small class with 8 students.

The range facilities will spoil you for anywhere else. You'll shoot prone, movers, positional... From towers, rocks, vehicles, and sling. 100 yards to 1200 yards. Hostage situations, hunting silhouettes, know distance, unknown distance, field shooting.

Stay in the bunkhouse. Hotels are far away and you'll enjoy the company. It's clean and comfortable, but wear your hearing pro to bed if you are a light sleeper. If it's not freezing cold there are grills to cook up some steaks. Full kitchen.

I'm trying not to sound like a fanboy, but yeah, I'm a fanboy. Going back in May for a two day class.

Reactions: Lesco Brandon
I attended back in October. It was 4 days of pure precision rifle shooting heaven. Classroom sessions were heaviest in the first day and a half. Seems like almost all of day 3 and 4 were range time.

Shannon and Jason were the instructors for my class. They made the class. Easy to talk to, made us comfortable, and above all really watched each student and gave us lots of feedback. Had a fairly small class with 8 students.

The range facilities will spoil you for anywhere else. You'll shoot prone, movers, positional... From towers, rocks, vehicles, and sling. 100 yards to 1200 yards. Hostage situations, hunting silhouettes, know distance, unknown distance, field shooting.

Stay in the bunkhouse. Hotels are far away and you'll enjoy the company. It's clean and comfortable, but wear your hearing pro to bed if you are a light sleeper. If it's not freezing cold there are grills to cook up some steaks. Full kitchen.

I'm trying not to sound like a fanboy, but yeah, I'm a fanboy. Going back in May for a two day class.

Exactly what I was hoping to hear!

I'm the buddy going with JesseB81. Thanks for the replies everyone, and please keep the suggestions coming!!

It's a fantastic course! You'll learn a lot and see a lot of different scenarios with new variables. Your physical conditioning needs to be on point so you're not fading on Day 3 and 4. Stay on site and bring your favorite adult beverage.

What set up did you guys take to this class?

I rented a class gun. It was a GAP setup rifle with K624i scope. I didn't care if I shot that rifle until the barrel drooped :ROFLMAO:, but it surprisingly held up well during the high volume "mover" portion of the class.

Thx for the feedback and helping guys! I don't get on here much. Jesse - if you have more question feel free to get with me!

Please report back your experiences with this course, I'm trying to decide between K&M and ALTUS/CORE.

The quality of the instructors and the facility are excellent at K&M. The 4 day Comprehensive Course is a great mixture of mastering the fundamentals and stretching the distances. Sign up for a trip to Tennessee - you won't be disappointed.

Andrew

The quality of the instructors and the facility are excellent at K&M. The 4 day Comprehensive Course is a great mixture of mastering the fundamentals and stretching the distances. Sign up for a trip to Tennessee - you won't be disappointed.

Andrew
Hmm, There is a class in August, my rifle should be delivered by then.