• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes k31 hunting optics?

buggley

Private
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2011
west by god virginia
i have a k31 and love to shoot and hunt with it and would like to use it for coyote hunting but i have a hard time with iron sights in the waning light. i have dropped deer while sky lining walking back camp but yotes are smaller and lower in the brush and ussualy present less target. i dont want to tap it for a scope mount but i do have a scout mount. i am stuck on the optic to put on it. if i use a ler scope then i cant really use it on other rifles. i had the idea of putting a red dot on it so i can cange it out between my .22 for spotlighting (leagaly) and then back on the k31 for daylight and evening hours. the rifle is very accurate at least for out to 300 yards and with a better marksman much much farther. i plan to use this optic strictly to hunt so i plan on dirt mud sand sticks fog water and other outdoor residue cling to it when i get back to camp. my question is am i really looking for red dot scope or is there something else out there that would fit my needs for low power magnifacation low light hunting up to 250 yards (250 at most)

· Budget 100+· Features water proof, shock proof easy to see or adjust
· Reliability cold,wet, hummid long battery life
· Company Support ????
· Accessory Availability and Compatibility needs to fit weaver mount

also does size of the dot affect moa at a distance? will i shoot consistant groups at 50 yards and the same groups at 150? does the dot size at close range and produce a larger group and at larger distances? what options and features should i be looking for? what are reputable companies. are the big names woth the money are are the clones just as high quality?

Re: k31 hunting optics?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buggley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">also does size of the dot affect moa at a distance? will i shoot consistant groups at 50 yards and the same groups at 150? does the dot size at close range and produce a larger group and at larger distances? what options and features should i be looking for? what are reputable companies. are the big names woth the money are are the clones just as high quality? </div></div>

if by dot you mean mil dot or any reticle then yes, the dots change sizes at different distances.

your groups will open up the further your shooting , so you can not shoot the same groups at 50 as you do at 150 ( but for the most part ya , its the same)

i believe you have to increase your budget. 100 bucks just isn't enough. The bushnell 3200 type scopes are a good deal. The fixed 10 verison might be overkill for your application so the 3-10 is probably what you'd want. You might find one on gunbroker.com for 180 bucks.

i dont think you can find a tough reliable scope for 100 dollars.

Re: k31 hunting optics?

100+ the 100 being the lowest as anything lower i have seen is junk for plastic aisoft guns. i had my eye on a ziess but i wasnt sure if it would be buying a name or not. can red dot scopes be a variable zoom? and will a higher power optic be able to work in a long eye relief aplication?