• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

k31 restocked

buggley

Private
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2011
west by god virginia
this is my first wood working project ihave ever done, never even built a bird house in scouts. it is a swiss k31 with a bullpup stock. the reason for the bull pup was simply to scope it with out drilling the action or using a side mount or ler scope. at the moment it is still very blocky heavy and thick [img:left]
IMG_0664.jpg
[/img] [img:left]
bullpupk31swiss.jpg
[/img] but it is full operational. i bubba bedded the action and am working on the trigger guard and cheek piece/ shell deflector.
i shot it for the first time yesterday and loved how accurite it is. no problems with the action or the stock and was able to hit almost dead center of a 3x4" square at 150yards. i didnt get a chance to shoot a group because i ran low on shells. spent most of them sighting in and safty checking the stock. i hit 1 inch low and center at 25 then grazed the top of my card stock at 100 and almost center at 150. i was high right at 150.

Re: k31 restocked

lol well the reason for the thick bulky stock is because of the linkage. it is simple. there is a straight rod between the new trigger and the old trigger it passes directly under the magazie. the only added weight to the trigger is a small spring that pusshes the new trigger back to the forward position. i used poly propalyne because i am very limited on supplies. i made a trigger and a bumper for the old trigger out of poly prope. very simple straight line one trigger to the next.nothing complex at all with the stock. it houses every mechanicle part with the exeption of the bolt. again i dont have the tools time or material to do any thing complex. to be honest i even bubba'ed the bedding. i tried to explain how it works what it is and why i needed to spend 50$ on a bedding kit an she like a true westvirginian said whats the diffrence between that and J-B weld. i changed the mixture so it was more solid and added a bit of something eles checked on the dried product and picked the best one. a bit of johnsons paste wax and J-B weld and i have a solid and secure bedding. sorry i realize how some could see this as a desicration, but it works on a budget and it works effectively. the scout mount holds well so far and at 150 yrds. i can hit a piece of clay pigeon about the size of a third of a clay with one shot. im happy with that for a first time test shooting with wolf cheapo ammo
the stock is so basic i am suprised it held lol not much for a sniper rifle but for a first time wood working project it was a complete success

yes but it is pricey so much that it is cheaper just to buy a new rifle all together. ther is a company called colorado gunsales.com that is selling a .308 k31 for around 1200$ and to rebarrel a k31 you need to use part of the original barrel to fit the new barrel because of the odd angles of the action. then to drill and tap for a scope mount is a nother 400$ from a company called rocksolid the cost of the mounting piece made from the original barrel and the cost of the blank brings you close to 700? or more then the mountit kinda defeats the porpose. one day i will waist the money just simply to have that action on a modern rifle.

Thanks.

JB weld or any steel filled epoxy with a bit of thickener is fine for a bedding agent, and I have also used the handy can of Johnsons floor wax as a release agent. So even us city slickers think like that. No spending more than is needed to get the job done.

i have had more then a few looks and some people have vocalized thied distain of my less conventional means of building. most of the work was done by hand so after the mock up was done i was kinda wore out on the project so i kept it as simple a si coould this weekend i hope to get some extra ammo and then check groups

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's certainly "interesting".

Is that stock still work in progress? </div></div>

^^^This, is that a 2X6?

oh ya still a work in progress. i dont really have the space to work on it right now so i kinda put it on hold for now. in the futurei pland to weld up a trigger guard and a barrel shroud then take it to a band saw and cut the extra gurth off of it as well as the nub under the butt pad. a neighbor helped me with alot of it he had a work shop in his garage but i didnt have time to finish it befor i moved now i am doing every thing by hand with a rasp or chisel. i started to work some of the extra wood off the bottom but im am just going to wai for now. i could take off with a saw even more than a weeks worth of rasping. i have been more focused on bedding the action and mounting the scope wich wor both finished last weekend.as far as the scope it is a bushnell 4-12 i took off my sav 99e .243. it isnt the best by any means but it works and i can take it out in the woods and not cry if i scratch it or loose a dust cover

I like the innovation and out of the box thinking but it still makes me want to cry.