• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC LPR Mod 2

HenryTheAce

Pushing Tin
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
Michigan
Anybody have one or have a range report? Thoughts on it? I’ve seen/read a lot of posts on the Mod 1. I finally took the plunge.. getting a Mod 2 next Wednesday, will be topped with a NXS 2.5-10. Curious to see what ammo it likes best (I do not handload). Will get a range report next week when I get her.

So far mine loves the ADI Outback 69gr SMK, IMI Razor Core 69gr SMK, and 75gr Hornady Black. I still need to blast some 77gr SMK through it but it definitely digs 69gr premium factory ammo. The LPR shoots lasers.

Awesome, thanks! Just ordered that and a variety of different ammo to test out of it. Can’t wait to shoot it

Awesome, thanks! Just ordered that and a variety of different ammo to test out of it. Can’t wait to shoot it

Reactions: HenryTheAce
This is from a Standard 16" SR15 MOD 2.
IMG_20161021_170413481.jpg
IMG_20160921_160442313.jpg

Hey @bigjake83 ,

Nice shooting on that 5 x 6. Did you make any scope adjustments between those groups? I sometimes get POI shift between groups without touching the scope and I was trying to see if others experienced the same. If no adjustments were made, any idea on what caused the shifts?

Hey @bigjake83 ,

Nice shooting on that 5 x 6. Did you make any scope adjustments between those groups? I sometimes get POI shift between groups without touching the scope and I was trying to see if others experienced the same. If no adjustments were made, any idea on what caused the shifts?

To be completely honest I don't remember it was a few years ago, judging from my groups I would say that I probably did make adjustments.

I have the 16” Mod 2 and it likes 77gr SMK, my own handloads. I haven’t shot any factory match ammo through it though. I wish I had gone with the LPR for the better barrel and slightly more velocity. I shot mine in Raton at the Sporting Rifle Match a couple years ago and it did amazingly well, even out to the furthest 870y and 875y targets.

I too have a Mod 2 LPR. By far the greatest AR I own. They still come with Kreiger barrels, single point, cut rifling. Can’t do any better than that.
I did a 4X5 (usually do 5x5, but had one box of ammo with me) last week. Using Speer 75gr Gold Dot ammo, at 100yds, my overall average for all 4 groups was .72moa. For a semi auto shooting factory bonded ammo, NOT match ammo, I feel like that is very solid.
The rifle is my work gun. I was using the NF NX8 2.5-20 to shoot the above groups. Normally the rifle wears a 1-8 LPVO.
I have had AR’s from all the big companies, and a few small ones. To me, nothing beats a KAC.

14.5” Mod 1 Dimpled at 400. Not really trying with it, this upper is just a hammer.

Attachments

• A02C893E-03C3-44B7-874F-386D92A9EA8C.jpeg
    A02C893E-03C3-44B7-874F-386D92A9EA8C.jpeg
    592.8 KB · Views: 101
After having the LPR Mod 2 now for a couple months and putting 500-600rnds through it. I’m more then satisfied with the purchase. Love the NXS 2.5x10 on it but maybe I should’ve gone for the 3-15.. I’ve had the LPR Mod 2 out to 700yds consistently and connecting on a couple shots from 800-1000yds. It’s a sweet shooting rifle that punches holes in pretty tight groups. Getting .75 at 100yds average with Norma Match 77gr

I know I’m a puss for not making it a 5 shot group but I didn’t want to mess it up. I’ve never had a semi auto AR shoot as well as the LPR... then again this is pretty much my only precision minded AR I own... sitting shooting range bench now. KAC LPR, ZCO420, TBAC Ultra 9 30cal, and factory NORMA Match-223 ammo, 100yds

Attachments

• 118C652A-65A8-4F76-9554-E304B001B45E.jpeg
    118C652A-65A8-4F76-9554-E304B001B45E.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: bigjake83
I know I’m a puss for not making it a 5 shot group but I didn’t want to mess it up. I’ve never had a semi auto AR shoot as well as the LPR... then again this is pretty much my only precision minded AR I own... sitting shooting range bench now. KAC LPR, ZCO420, TBAC Ultra 9 30cal, and factory NORMA Match-223 ammo, 100yds
(y)

how come nobody can ever hit the center dot??
Was my first outing with the ZCO on the gun, so I was sighting it in.

good and bad news.... good news is it’s now sighted in on the dot.... bad news is I couldn’t get another group like that lol... must’ve been luck. Oh well. Was a beautiful day to spend some hours at the range

Last edited:
Many reasons-differant ammo, windy day, differant elevation, differant temp, and on and on and on. Very naive comment-good work.
what's naive about it, true fact most pictures of groups are taken like that and never taken after adjusting your POA?? What's naive is saying the obvious as in there is wind, ammo elevation and temp!!! Really? I didn't know that thanks captain obvious..........

what's naive about it, true fact most pictures of groups are taken like that and never taken after adjusting your POA?? What's naive is saying the obvious as in there is wind, ammo elevation and temp!!! Really? I didn't know that thanks captain obvious..........
If it was a legitimate question then some people (including myself) don't sight in the rifle to hit POA/POI during load development or accuracy testing so they don't shoot up their point of aim. Just helps keep a clean more precise POA on the target.

Naive was a nice way of saying dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: bigjake83