• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC SR-16 stripped lower

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Houston Texas
I ran across and bought a stripped SR-15 non ambi lower. I would like to build it out to factory specs but KAC does not sell a lower parts kit. Any idea where or if I can get parts to make it like factory?

Operation parts has listings for many small parts but pretty much nothing KAC is actually in stock snd I wouldn't really expect that to change.

Best of luck.

Reactions: ut755ln
The non-ambi lowers were all sold stripped, so there is no “factory spec” to build to.
KAC doesn’t even make some of the parts that that lower uses (e.g. bolt catch).
If you are looking for a LPK that is in the ballpark for KAC quality, I would go with one from LMT.
I know that KAC uses some parts from LMT. The RE on my SR-15 is obviously a LMT part.

The non-ambi lowers were all sold stripped, so there is no “factory spec” to build to.
KAC doesn’t even make some of the parts that that lower uses (e.g. bolt catch).
If you are looking for a LPK that is in the ballpark for KAC quality, I would go with one from LMT.
I know that KAC uses some parts from LMT. The RE on my SR-15 is obviously a LMT part.
Thank you, I thought that was the case. It looks like Big Tex has them in stock. I was able to source a trigger guard and kac 2 stage trigger elsewhere.

If the lower parts are difficult to source out, I think the SOLGW lower parts would be a good fit. Every set I've bought was nice. Like actually nice. It's quality IMO.

LMT or DD LPK, Wilson Combat base lpk, tbh switch to radian talon ambi safety, FCD bias extended bolt catch, norgon ambi mag release and your KAC will be about perfect.