• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC sr25 or LMT mws or LaRue obr?

kiesling

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Need some advice. Taking price out of the equation, what opinions or comments does anyone have in regards to a KAC sr25 vs LaRue OBR vs LMT mws? I have been wanting to get a little more into long range shooting, and owning a couple of AR's my first choice is to stay with something similarly built. Mostly I will be using this new purchase to hunt deer and remove pigs. I have a LaRue Stealth that I built a year ago, and absolutely love, but some of the hogs that roam my ranch travel a little to far into the brush when I don't pierce their ear with the 5.56. Thank the military channel and their shows on sniping that have given me the bug to learn how to really shoot. By that I mean learning more about all of the nuances that go into long distance, accuracy shooting. I have settled on the 7.62 cartridge, but gave the .338 LM a little thought. Too hard to get my hands on, and a little more expensive to shoot. Optics are another entire thread. Although NightForce and Schmidt Bender have been the two I have been looking at.

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Mike

Re: KAC sr25 or LMT mws or LaRue obr?

It's hard to say since the LMT MWS isn't in too many hands just yet. Opinions seem to be varied on the SR25 and OBR though. There's been a fair bit of discussion of both platforms here.

popcorn in hand, this shall be good.
To break down what ive read about this topic.
KAC- experiences alot of problems, also 1.5 Moa (sometimes more) is usually the case. (weird since 1000$ Dpms's usually shoot sub Moa.)
Larue- well they make very good quality mounts, not too many complaints on the OBR I think, I believe ive read about 1 or 2, maybe someone can chime in about that.
LMT- as previously stated, not too many in public hands.

Id get a ar10 or Dpms built the way I wanted, save a few bucks in the process for glass and ammo, and not have to worry about it shooting 1.5+moa like a lot of KACs
(nothing agaisnt kac, love the look of their products, but performance should be primary and not looks.) I would not fell very happy with my rifle if I dished out 5+k for it and it shot like that.
-Felipe

A GA Precision DPMS 308 will shoot as well or better than LMT, KAC, or LaRue... On Optics if you want a price in between Nightforce and S&B you may want to look at USO.

Does anyone know if LaRue Np3 coats their bolts/inside their upper receiver on the OBR?

Get a POF 308 and a NIghtforce 2.5-10x32 with .885 rings. And buy the online training. It's worth alot more than it costs.

-dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rev762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if LaRue Np3 coats their bolts/inside their upper receiver on the OBR? </div></div>

Larue bolt is coated, but I don't think it's Np3. The inside of their upper receiver is normal/uncoated.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I have a (older)sr25 and an obr , they are both accurate. The obr is my range gun, did a .75moa 10 shot 100y group with it last week.

As others have said, a gap custom is cheaper and just as good if you can get one..

The OBR is nothing special and I honestly don't believe its worth the min 3k price tag on it now.

I have the same question but would throw in the POF 308 MMR and LWRC REPR. The LMT MWS has been out for awhile now (months) what are people finding with these guns?

Is the REPR worth $1500 more than a POF or MWS?

Then there is the whole piston vs DI question.

Just looking for extremely reliable and decently accurate (an M40A1 is decently accurate
smile.gif
)

Thanks
Pat

I am partial due to employment, but I lie for noone......
That being said, they are all solid platforms.

I think POF has the edge due to the following:
-Rock Creek 1:10 blanks (usually decently accurate)
-Open the gas cap and the piston and op rod slide out the front: that completes field disassembly of the piston system

Our 12" 308's running a can are an amazing platform for mid-range perimeter defense.

I have had a full house AR-10 build very cool but mags are propriety and expensive..

I have a DPMS--(PRS stock,PRI forend fluted BBL with a vias brake) being chambered in .260 at gap right now.

I also have 4 SR-25 and I love them but I am a gear queer for KAC stuff

the reason I switched was due to the mags as most people will tell you the (OBR KAC POF DPMS) is the most popular. Due to the magazine availability

good shooting

T.

POF- Great rifles all top notch components and well worth the price.

OBR- Never fired one but I have fondled them. Heavy as hell but fit and finish are superb. Reviews and write ups done by members of various forums demonstrate excellent accuracy.

LMT- I have one and I think its fantastic. Like the pedigree of the two companies involved. Accuracy shocked the hell out of me. Also heavy as hell but the weight on this sits a bit better in my mind as the weight is the price you pay to have the quick change barrel system as opposed to the OBR which is just heavy w/o a QC barrel. Honestly dont think its trimmed out as nice out the box as the others but the difference in cost (I paid 2500) and the sale of take off parts made it a wash and a bit left over for some other items.

KAC- Sticker shock is all I can say and honestly its not justified as I have had bolt guns which cost more and never blinked about it but for some reason the cost on an AR platform is hard to get over. Fired them and they are very accurate. I have read just as much negative as I have positive from folks who actually use them and push the rifles much harder than I ever would. All I can say is that yes there seem to be plenty of gripes and complaints but in defense of KAC they seem to listen and rapidly adress the problems when they arise. IMO and that just one guys thought on the subject is that this is really the only 308 Stoner with an extensive amount of time in service being driven hard. I came to the conclusion that since no other variant has really been through the same paces that they too would have issues if used for a prolonged period of time. In the end I dont think a gasser would ever have the reliability of a bolt gun and that seems to be the give and take of it. M14's seem to outshine the Stoner in reliability but although they can be tweaked to be on par in accuracy that seems to be an expensive and complicated process requiring much more than the knowledge needed to maintain an AR.

So there you have it, choose the one you like. All the ones you mentioned are top quality just depends on which has features that mean the most to you and what you are willing to spend. The LMT IMO started getting some negative flack when the cost went up but I still think its worth it although they could save some money to the end consumer by ditching the BUIS and offering a stock trigger at a lower price or a better trigger at current price.

A06

I've got quite a bit of trigger time behind several of the 308 platforms.

POF - Nice system, they had some bugs but those seem to be worked out. They are also accurate. Steel plates at 600m is not a problem even with a 14.5" barrel.

Larue OBR - Very very accurate platform, good company and will stand behind their product.

SR25 - I was a KAC naysayer for a long time, I was issued the first round of SR's and it took many many modifications to get them to run right. I didn't like the M110 and experienced plenty of problems with it as well. However with the SR25 EMC and EMR, I am now a KAC fan. The EMC is probably the most reliable platform available when run in the harshest conditions. It is an accurate gun as well. Guys who have negative things to say about the KAC reliability probably haven't worked with the EMC.

LWRC - Nice rifles but I'm personally not a fan of the side charging handle. It can get caught on your kit if you're going in/out of vehicles or helos. It will come out of battery. But for range work or precision work they're a nice piece.

Is the LWRC worth 1500 more to you? It was to me, but that's because I'll be running the gun suppressed most of the time. The side charging handle should only be a problem if you're running a lot of pockets and jumping out of helos. Well, I've handled and used one (mine is still on order) and never had that problem, but we'll see.

I can comment on how nice the OBR's overall fit and finish is, everything usually locks up nice and tight. They're usually pretty damn accurate. Mark Larue said the average proof groups going out of factory for the last ten rifles averaged under .7 inches at a hundred yards.

I haven't had any hands on experience with SR-25/M110s or the LMTs...yet.

Which ever you decide, all will get the job done for hunting and throw in some after market parts. All are great in there own ways but each will have there pros and cons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alecto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which ever you decide, all will get the job done for hunting and throw in some after market parts. All are great in there own ways but each will have there pros and cons. </div></div>
You dont have experience with any of them, so WTF are you talking about.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Now that's kinda funny considering:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....
To break down <span style="color: #3366FF">what ive read about this topic</span>.......
-Felipe </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Now that's kinda funny considering:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....
To break down <span style="color: #3366FF">what ive read about this topic</span>.......
-Felipe </div></div> </div></div>
Ok notice how I stated that it was info I gathered from reading topics on the hide by people who own these rifles, I never claimed that I had first hand experience, so you fail, yet again.
And I know Eric aka: Alecto, and that he has no experience with any of the weapon systems mentioned above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am partial due to employment, but I lie for noone......

<span style="color: #FF0000">I think POF has the edge due to the following:
</span>
</div></div>
do you have experience with all the systems mentioned above to give an opinion on which has an edge?
would love to hear your experiences with all the weapon systems mentioned in this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
do you have experience with all the systems mentioned above to give an opinion on which has an edge?
would love to hear your experiences with all the weapon systems mentioned in this thread. </div></div>

At least he has first hand knowledge on particular rifles for which you do not. I doubt the majority of people will have first hand knowledge in all these platforms.

It's funny (pathetic) that some how you present yourself as an experiences professional now a days but when someone calls you out on your own BS "I've read it so I'm some sort of ..." you get pissy and resort back to your teen age antics. Still waiting to see all this exprience get put to use on the range, back yard pics with your mask on doesn't count.

And that is my generation... most are snotty brats that think they are right about everything...

I've have first hand experience behind all of the rifles mentioned in this thread except the OBR. I own a 20" REPR, 16" LMT/MWS, and I've had military trigger time behind the Knights platform. Here are my observation:
1) REPR - The rifles that have undergone the mag catch modification are reliable. There are still reports of sticky gas regulators, but these are not as endemic as the pre-modification reliability problems. My rifle shoots 3/4" 5-shot groups with a Nightforce NXS F1 using Federal 168 grain SMKs. My only gripe is a little magazine wiggle when using any mag other than c-products (which I refuse to use) that does not seem to affect function. I would trust my life to this rifle.
2) Knights - We had significant problems keeping our M110s running during my last trip to CENTCOM. When functioning, they would shoot at least 1" groups if not better in the right hands. Having said that, the new breed of SR-25 (EM) seems to have fixed the reliability problem and improved on the accuracy. However, at prices north of $5K it is the most expensive of the discussed weapon systems. Is it worth it? That depends on your disposable income.
3) LMT MWS - Although new, this weapons system has a lot of similarities to the Knights platform and has gotten some degree of abuse testing by the British (although the extent to which is not available for public consumption). I just got my rifle and have put only 150 trouble-free rounds down the pipe with PMAGS and the supplied Knights magazine. It will shoot 1-1.75" groups with 155 grain TAP (better with 168 Federal SMK) which is not bad for a chrome lined barrel. I consider it more of a battle rifle than a precision weapon like the OBR and REPR. They can be found for under $2.5K which makes this the best deal of the group. I'm confident that the accuracy will improve when more accurate SS barrels hit the market that will take advantage of the quick-change barrel feature. I'd have no problem using this rifle as a battle rifle or DMR system with the right glass and ammo.

I have shot the SR 25 EMR only. I like it, have had zero trouble with it. It is MOA to 800 on a bad 5 shot group. Can do much better.
I do not think I would personaly use it for the hunting you describe. It is heavy, and not like an M 40 A1. It is a good fixed postion rifle, but does not "handle" like a bolt gun for a quick offhand shot. I think you would be better off with a precision bolt gun. That being said, I may try mine a bit. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Sorry Doc but I dont agree with the accuracy of the LMT being good enough to only be considered a BR.

1/10 barrel likes 175 smk @ 2500-2560 fps and will hold .5" all day. I havent shot much 168 but it was respectable at 100 yds. 1.5-2" with crap milsurp delinked ammo is respectable in my book.

No experience with the LMT offering, but I do own an OBR and I also have shot the 7.62 KAC rifles. I chose the OBR for its accuracy, ability to customize what I want from the factory within limits, the rail design, availability of a 16 inch barrel (KAC now has the carbine version...)and the excellent warranty. Accuracy out of a 16 inch barrel has proven sufficient.
fuosw0.jpg

If i were purchasing the same rifle again, I would give sufficient weight to the SR 25 EM Carbine.
RFsightsup.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KAC- experiences alot of problems, also 1.5 Moa (sometimes more) is usually the case. (weird since 1000$ Dpms's usually shoot sub Moa.)</div></div>
I have owned 3 SR-25's, one pre94 SR with 24" match barrel = .5 moa ; SR-25 EMR .575 MOA ; and MK11 MOD 0 under .5 MOA with handloads, I have also owned a LR308 with the 24" stainless and the best i got out of it was .75 with Blackhills gold match. The only problem i encountered was with my pre 94 SR-25 when shooting suppressed it would stovepipe and the boltcatch broke, but easily upgraded to the M110 catch which took care of the probs. there must be a good reason the military gave Knights the contract.

Id get a ar10 or Dpms built the way I wanted, save a few bucks in the process for glass and ammo, and not have to worry about it shooting 1.5+moa like a lot of KACs
(nothing agaisnt kac, love the look of their products, but performance should be primary and not looks.) I would not fell very happy with my rifle if I dished out 5+k for it and it shot like that.
-Felipe </div></div>
I do agree with the AR-10, i have an Armalite, and it holds about .5 MOA with handloads, as well as being a couple G's less than Knights it may be the way to go, but if you got the $$$, you decide.

Ya still got an MK11 MOD 0, had to get rid of others to upgrade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry Doc but I dont agree with the accuracy of the LMT being good enough to only be considered a BR. </div></div>

I did not mean to imply that the LMT was only good enough for battle rifle use. However, in its current shipping configuration of chrome barrel and trigger it does seem to lean toward this end of the spectrum.

Please remember that my accuracy experience is with 155 grain TAP which are known to sacrifices a little in the accuracy department for better terminal performance. I have gotten just under 1" groups with Federal 168 gr SMK, and I'm confident that it will shrink more with 175 SMK or hand loads - I've just not had the chance to try that yet (still got another 500 rounds of 168 gr to burn through).

The real beauty of the LMT as well as the other discussed systems is that they blur the lines between battle rifles and precision systems with minimal modification. Other systems based on the G3, FAL, M14 may excel at one, but cannot do both without a lot of expense and effort.

Skinney,
What round count do you have on the MK11 Mod 0? The reason why I am asking is because I have one that I rarely use but it would be nice to understand barrel life.

Doc,

Good point and I failed to take into consideration how lacking the rifle was out the box as I installed a Geissle SSA trigger and an ACS stock within days of getting the rifle. The factory trigger is better than a stock one but not near as nice as the KAC or the plethora of other drop in 2 stages available.

FWIW I would be happy to help you burn through the remainder of that 168 if its bothering you to look at it
wink.gif

IMG_0007_34.jpg

It shoots M118 (suppressed) like this:

IMG_0007_33.jpg

And my first handloads for it (suppressed) like this:

IMG_0005_50.jpg

IMG_0003_64.jpg

I've only fired two of the three so far. They both shoot M118 like this:

IMG_0006_44.jpg

They are different rifles for different jobs. I'm quite happy with both.

I have owned four KAC .308's, two pre-'94 models and two Mk 11's. I have not shot their new EM carbine. It does look interesting.

Two shooters, 4 x 5 rd group avergaes at 800m for each shooter...

M110 Carbine 16" 7.62mm NATO

AGR-inches
AGR-MOA

C. /M118 U.S. Army Ammunition
4.924"

C. /167gr Lapua Ammunition
5.112"

C. /170gr Lapua Ammunition
5.47"

C. /185gr Lapua Ammunition
4.520"

B. /M118 U.S. Army Ammunition
3.992"

B. /167gr Lapua Ammunition
4.843"

B. /170gr Lapua Ammunition
6.226"

B. /185gr Lapua Ammunition
4.056"

FYI the M110 Carbine is the gov tan version of the SR-25 EMC

Kevin,
Cool, the is exactly what I have found, when I do not screw up, my groups run .5moa. Mine is not the carbine though. Do they shoot as well suppressed or was this suppressed?
Thank you
RTH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thmpr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Skinney,
What round count do you have on the MK11 Mod 0? The reason why I am asking is because I have one that I rarely use but it would be nice to understand barrel life. </div></div>

I used to think that way, kept it as a safe queen, but i say shoot the damn thing thats what they're for, 2550 fps is not gonna burn your barrel up for a long, long, time... i have just started shooting mine, only a couple hundred down the pipe, great shooting gun.

Kevin what is the expected duty cycle on the carbine? And with the bolt and barrel being the primary wear components have you ever seen a upper reciever wear to the point it was out of spec?

hate to revive an old thread but.... I would like to see some more of this discussion from those who have experience with both. thanks

Specifications, EMC
SR-25 EM CARBINE P/N: 25846
CALIBER .308 (7.62mm NATO)
TRIGGER 2 Stage Match (4.5 lbs)
VELOCITY

2,517 fps (175 gr. M118LR)
767 meters p/ second
MAGAZINE TYPE / CAP. Standard 10/20 Rounds
WEIGHT (w/o MAGAZINE) 8 lbs 5oz / 3.6 Kgs
LENGTH w/STOCK RET. 33 7/8" / 84 cm
LENGTH w/STOCK EXT. 37" / 94 cm
BBL LENGTH 16" / 41 cm

Specifications MWS

MWS .308 upper receiver with 16" stainless steel 1:11.25" twist
* Direct Gas Impingement
* Overall length with SOPMOD collapsed: 35"
* Overall length with SOPMOD extended: 38"
* A2 Birdcage compensator
* 5/8 X 24 thread pitch
* Low profile gas black
* Cryogenically treated barrel to increase accuracy, barrel life and easier cleaning
* 5 QD Sling Swivel attachment points
* Electronically tested and recorded trigger pull
EDIT WEIGHT ROUGHLY 9.5 POUNDS
Specifications: OBR

Rifle Weight: 9.7 lb. (unloaded without optics)
Overall System Length: 37.5“ (with A2 stock)
Barrel: 16.1" (18" & 20" also available), 1/11.25 twist, LW50 Stainless
Barrel Life: 10,000 (approx)
Max Effective Range: 800 meters
Rate of Fire: Semi automatic
Magazine Capacity: 10 or 20 rounds (accepts standard M110 magazines)
Accuracy: Average size of a 5-shot group, expressed in Minutes of Angle (MOA) less than 1 MOA (approx)

Does anyone have the weight for the LMT MWS

I know this is an old topic, but I'd searched, found and read the entire thread and wanted to post a response.

The M110 I was issued in the military I only fired with the suppressor attached. Accuracy seemed to hover around 1MOA. The last group I ever fired with it was actually with HSM M118 equivalent and it put 5 rounds into 0.9 MOA at 200 meters from a bench, bipod supported with a sandsock under the stock. The performance was typical of the rifle.

The kit comes with a factory test target labeled "Knights Armament Company 100 yard MK11 qualification target". The target with my gun had several groups optimistically labeled .56 MOA, .51 MOA, .45 MOA, and .35 MOA. The groups all appear to be ~1" groups based on the 1" squares on the target- the target does not specify that it was shot at 200yards- The rifle being a 1MOA system in my experience supports the theory that the test target must be measuring the best 3 rounds- so 3 out of 5 it's a 0.5MOA rifle.

I'm in the early stages of building a 7.62 semi-auto (buying parts) and I looked around and did some research prior to beginning the process, and my conclusions were:

KAC's 16" gun looks like a great rifle, but it has 2" less barrel than I want on my rifle, and it is $4200 street price apparently, which is still pretty high.

LMT's MWS looks like another exceptional rifle, and the rail can't be any more rigid than a monolithic upper (so this feature beats the KAC URX in my opinion), but again has 16" of barrel, and here I have to pay apparently a $700 upgrade fee to purchase a Stainless 18" barrel (why it's $700 makes no sense as the chrome moly tube not included there must be worth $250, and the stainless tube can't be worth more than $500. The weight on the LMT rifle is apparently 9.75 lbs (derived from someone's posted rifle weight with loaded 10 rd mag and Elcan Specter DR with those latter items subtracted). LMT doesn't post the weight that I can find- and why would they- that spec isn't very competitive.

This post hasn't mentioned the LAR-8 from Rock River, but I decided to go that route for several reasons. DPMS doesn't make uppers and lowers out of 7075 aluminum, and Rock River apparently does. I've had accurate rock river guns in the past and I believe the gun will shoot 1MOA or better which is my expectation of the build. The LAR-8 weighs 8.5 lbs and the DD 7.62 lite rail I'm replacing the FF tube with is supposed to weigh 18 ounces so that's an overlap. The barrel is 4" longer so I would have to say it's probably realistically 1 pound 4 ounces lighter than the LMT MWS if you factor both guns with 16" barrels. I plan to cut the barrel to 18" and thread. The gun with rail, mil spec collapsible stock and custom buffer to make that possible will reflect $2275 retail. That's about $1200 better than the MWS, and $2000 better than the SR25.

The build will still be spendy because I'm buying front and rear back up sights, sling mounts, a sling, a Bipod, Bipod mount, 6 mags, rings, and a 4.5-14X50mm Leupold M3 ERT. Of course I would have to buy most of those items for the other rifles also.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The two primary factors for me were weight and price. The M110 taught me that in a sniper weapon system every ounce counts, because we added 20 rounds of ammo in the gun, bipods, scopes, night vision, IR laser/illuminators for spotting, suppressors for concealment, and slings for carrying and the weapons became 19lb unwieldy monsters. Starting 1lb 4 ounces in the negative is a big deal. Thats a free day optic, or a loaded magazine at no weight penalty.

When a company charges the equivalent of ~$950 for a stainless barrel, and Rock river sells an entire 1MOA guaranteed rifle with a stainless barrel for $1550 retail, it's obvious that one company is a bit over priced. As the potential customer that feels like being penalized for wanting the rifle to be a precision weapon. </span>

I've heard some rumors of trigger issues with the RRA rifles, and in the military 1 out of my unit's 2 issued M110's had bad trigger within the first 50 rounds, so I can't say those rumors bother me, or that I feel one company offers a higher quality product than another.

Talking to guys in the military, they love or hate the rifles- many military end users I've talked to have had M110 trigger issues that needed repair- our issued scope mounts needed to have the rings constantly tightened apparently for lack of loctite during assembly.

I loved the gun- it was way better than an M24 to me- I could spot rounds half the time or better because the suppressor reduced recoil and muzzle climb so effectively- spotters are less likely to blink so they do a better job, followup shots are rapid. To me the trigger and scope mount issues were small problems for an otherwise superb system. The M110 is the reason I'm not building a bolt gun.

I only have experience with one of the first Stoner SR25 match rifles that came in those days with a Remington 24" 5R barrel and that I ordered with the Krieger match trigger option. I have had no problems with it and it will shoot under 1/2" @ 100 yds all day long "if" I do my part. I still own this rifle and love it!

If the M110 SASS I had was capable of better accuracy, I would expect to see it in the test targets from the person KAC pays to shoot the test targets included with the rifles.

More than accuracy, the impressive element of the target was the minimal shift of the sound suppressor (two groups fired with the suppressor attached, two without).

Nothing wrong with 1 MOA accuracy in my opinion, but all I read online are stories of half minute groups, and I don't recall meeting a military sniper who ever said his KAC rifle was consistently a half MOA gun. Hell it's probably hard to get ammunition capable of consistent 1/4MOA performance so that only leaves 1/4MOA dispersion for the rifle to perform 1/2MOA.

As you can see 4 consecutive five round groups, and none smaller than an inch on this 100yard target, but they are labeled according to what can only be consistent with the <span style="text-decoration: underline">best 3 out of 5.</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">These groups were typical of the gun, and I considered it to be perfectly acceptable and even good performance for a semi-automatic sniper rifle- probably excellent performance for a suppressed sniper rifle. </span>

And obviously if KAC wasn't happy with it, they would have supplied a rifle that shot at least one five round overall group better than 1MOA on the test target. But talking about consistent 0.5MOA groups at 800m doesn't make any sense to me looking at this 100yard target.

As it is I think the best group on the target is exactly 1MOA. So the last 5 round group I shot with the rifle was better than any of these 4 groups by ~1/10MOA. <not enough to really matter, but it proves I'm not an awful shooter by comparison and the rifle supplied was not a 1/2MOA rifle.

rangeday2025a.jpg

I'm happy with the various roles of the LMT. I have run the 16" with cheap russian ammo and a T-1 and plan to use it in the next carbine class I take. Below was my first outing in Jan fitted with a 20" Noveske 6.5 Creedmoor. You can see the conditions... used a range rest and no rear bag. Stock trigger and factory Hornady 120AMAX. These were among the first 40 rounds through the pipe. Plan to upgrade the trigger, work on technique, and improve on the results.

RangeCreed7.jpg

RangeCreed6.jpg

RangeCreed1.jpg

RangeCreed2.jpg

RangeCreed3.jpg

Flyer was all me

RangeCreed5.jpg

Jason,

What kind of groups are you getting with the 16 incher? I assume its the stock chrome?

Conrad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conrad101st</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason,

What kind of groups are you getting with the 16 incher? I assume its the stock chrome?

Conrad </div></div>

Have not tried for groups yet. A number of guys are reporting surprisingly good sub MOA with the 16" CL. Ive put 500 rounds through so far and have not cleaned but will let you know if and when I clean and shoot for groups.