• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles 624i & Vortex AMG

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion comparing these two scopes.

They would seem to be direct competition with each other between different brands.

Roughly the same size/weight/color/mag range...

I had an AMG, didn't like it as much as my Beast or Gen2 Razor at the time. I sold the AMG pretty quickly. I have a Gen3 LSW k624i now and I'm still getting used to it. Glass is a wash to me from what I can remember about the AMG. Honestly though, I haven't looked through a 2K+ optic and thought the glass was crap. I actually like the feel of the turrets better on the Kahles, and the SKMR3 reticle is one of the best currently available regardless of manufacturer.

I prefer the Kahles optics, turrets, eye box, and the Reticle options. The Kahles glass is very bright. With that said for the most part we get good feedback on the Vortex AMG.

Last edited:
Reactions: A.Redd
Were are getting great feedback on the SKMR 3
https://www.cstactical.com/kahles-k624i-6-24x56-lsw-ccw-skmr3.aspx

SKMR3.jpg?lr=t&bw=1000&w=1000&bh=1000&h=1000.jpg

While I didn't have the scopes at the same time, I did have the Kahles Gen III K624i and I currently own the Vortex AMG. Both are fantastic scopes with excellent resolution, AMG controls CA much better than Kahles and AMG did better in low light even though the Kahles has a 56mm objective while the AMG is only 50mm. So many have raved about how bright their Kahles was in low light but that was not my experience, and I guess brightness was not so much an issue, the Kahles exhibited almost a cloudy look to it when the light got low while the AMG was much more contrasty. I wonder if something was wrong with my copy and have been tempted to get my hands on another K624i...

You can check out my review here - http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...t-low-light-tactical-scope-evaluation-part-ii

Reactions: ronon
While I didn't have the scopes at the same time, I did have the Kahles Gen III K624i and I currently own the Vortex AMG. Both are fantastic scopes with excellent resolution, AMG controls CA much better than Kahles and AMG did better in low light even though the Kahles has a 56mm objective while the AMG is only 50mm. So many have raved about how bright their Kahles was in low light but that was not my experience, and I guess brightness was not so much an issue, the Kahles exhibited almost a cloudy look to it when the light got low while the AMG was much more contrasty. I wonder if something was wrong with my copy and have been tempted to get my hands on another K624i...

You can check out my review here - http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...t-low-light-tactical-scope-evaluation-part-ii

That was a very helpful review! Considering the results - maybe we can throw the Minox into the mix for this thread? I am currently considering it along with both other scopes mentioned myself! (Not trying to hijack OPs thread however)

I had one K624i and now I own two Razors AMG. Both scopes have wonderful glasses and reticles, trqcking on both is excellent, the SKMR reticle is awesome but the EBR-7 is not far behind. What made me go for the AMG is the "small things" that sometimes are important to you like less weight (5 oz), infinite zero, locking turrets and diopter, clicks on the AMG feel better than the Kahles, parallax adjustment on the AMG goes low to 25 yards. One thing I like from the K624i was the elevation second revolution indicator (the AMG lacks of it) but the most anoying thing i found on the K624i was the parallax knob position just under the elevation turret, I never got used to it. Add to this that the AMG is $500 street price cheaper.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: ronon