• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles 624moak vs vortex amg moa

No Pacific Rim scope can compete with a fine Euro scope. Optically they are two different worlds. The Kahles is a top of the line product in a much higher class all around

our pleasure to assist you in anyway we can.
Doug
Camera Land
516-217-1000

Reactions: mrmarklin
looking at buying either a kahles 624moak or a vortex amg moa which one is the better scope

I have owned the Kahles MOAK and just bought a Vortex AMG but it's a MIL version with the new reticle. Which is better? Depends on what you deem as important and what type of shooting you plan on doing. A lot of people have criticised the Kahles for displaying a lot of CA. It never bothered me in the slightest. The Kahles is very easy to get behind...the Vortex offers slightly longer eye relief, the Kahles has a more forgiving eyebox, but the Vortex is by no means bad, it's just the Kahles has always been great in this area. Overall I think the glass on both scopes is excellent although I give Vortex the edge for resolution.

I like the fact the Vortex has locking turrets, although the Kahles turrets are good, you're unlikely to bump them but the risk is always there. Parallax on both scopes is easy to dial in, once you step out beyond 400-500 metres, the Kahles is pretty much at infinity. Both scopes have daytime usable illumination of that matters...They're pretty similar in terms of weight, reticle choice, well that's up to you. I liked the MOAK reticle and the Kahles has a revolution indicator on the elevation turret whereas the AMG doesn't.

I really don't think you will be unhappy with either. I was considering buying another Kahles, but I simply got a better deal on the AMG and have been very happy with my Golden Eagle scopes so figured I'd be well served with the AMG as it has all the features I was after.

No Pacific Rim scope can compete with a fine Euro scope. Optically they are two different worlds. The Kahles is a top of the line product in a much higher class all around

our pleasure to assist you in anyway we can.
Doug
Camera Land
516-217-1000
Doug, looking to get an AMG for a deployment bc the warranty. The kahles price cam down considerably though. I here the kahles has a lot of CA. Do you still hold the same opinion?

Doug, looking to get an AMG for a deployment bc the warranty. The kahles price cam down considerably though. I here the kahles has a lot of CA. Do you still hold the same opinion?
Yes I do. If the AMG is the way you want to go speak with Scott at Liberty Optics and he can hook you up. On the Kahles please give us a call

Kahles screwed MANY people with the gen1 and gen2 K624i. and those who got screwed remember the screwing.

Vortex makes a solid product and stands behind it.

Kahles might make a good scope now, but I know - from personal experience - they don't stand behind it for shit.

I don't buy Kahles.

To each his own.

We're not Cameraland but we have one Vortex AMG in MOA in stock right now :) Give us a call to grab it at 916-670-1103.