• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles CS

LG65CM

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2017
Hope this is okay. I want to post publicly how satisfied I am and how great the customer service is at Kahles. I recently bought their K624i. Read the manual. I have set zero stops on other scopes (Vortex). I did not understand with certainty how to set the zero stop on my Kahles. So, I sent Kahles an email asking for clarification. I can be slow on the uptake, but, also want to be very certain of what I am doing especially when working with a piece of gear costing thousands.

The email turned into a thread before I finally 'got it'. But from the very first one, I received a reply the same day. And in subsequent emails received replies the same day. All patient, and courteous. And between the CS rep and myself I got it sorted. The scope, btw, is fantastic in every regard. Before I bought I did a lot of research into all the Tier One scopes. I think I made the right choice and have no complaints. Glass is as clear as it gets. The build quality is military grade robust. The turrets function firmly and a .1mil adjustment IS a .1mil.

So, all I wanted to do was give a nice shoutout to Kahles and their CS. Hope this is okay. I also own a Vortex Gen 1 Razor and am happy with that, so am not just being some sort of fanboy. :) lg

I almost did the same - its so easy to setup a Kahles zero stop, i thought for sure I was missing something.

Reactions: linsmea and LG65CM
I didn't think there was anything to set up with the Kahles zerostop? I thought once you zeroed the turret the zerostop is already set?

I know Steiners are this way and thought Kahles was the same.

Reactions: LG65CM
I gotta agree as I could not have asked for or expected better. Shooting was not my career, but in my field there were companies , few, who were renowned for their CS. I could have bought any other such scope on the market. Steiner, US Optics, S&B, March and am sure I am missing a couple and am sure they are great optics. But you never know til ya need it, what the CS will be like. All you can really study up on before hand is the product itself.

In this case my problem was small and of my own making. But they dealt with me and it the same as CS would had it been something major. Promptly and competently and until I was satisfied , or, in my case, 'finally got it'. :)

Winny it is easy, once I got it sorted out in my own head. I think I suffered one of those mental blocks a person can get over something. My point in my thread though was to show appreciation for good CS and Kahles gave it. lg

Here is the short story- I ended up zero'd with the turret adjusted .3mil up (3 clicks). So, loossened the set screws and turned the turrent back so the '0' ended up lined up with the index mark, on the turret's base. Then tightened the set screws. Which , after firing, changed nothing. What I 'missed' was , I should have turned the loosened turret all the way back (CW) until it stopped. Then turned it (CCW) to '0'. And retightened the screws.

@Lenny. That is how Kahles' windage turret works. I had to adjust mine so the POI moved to the right a few clicks. From there to return to zero (zero-stop), all I had to do was loosen the set screws and rotate the turret so its '0' lined up with the index mark on the turret base. Re-tighten the set screws and done.

I also had a great experience with Kahles CS. I bought a K16i that had a scuff on the finish. The vendor I bought it from didn't have any more in stock so they connected me with their Kahles rep. Despite the fact he was traveling internationally, he connected me with their CS in Rhode Island and expedited me getting a replacement. Within hours I had a prepaid next-day air FedEx return shipping label. I shipped it back, and one day later Kahles shipped me a brand new replacement along with a hat and cleaning kit.

Doesn't get any better than that.