• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles K16i

M2CattleCo

Private
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2017
Sinton TX
I'm considering a new LPV for an AR and have been interested in a 16i, but don't have anywhere to look at one before I buy.

I've been using Nightforce NXS 1-4s for years, and they're tough, which is a huge requirement for me, but I think better is available and an extra 2X would be appreciated.

What are the pros and cons to a 16i vs the NXS 1-4 other stuff in that pricerange? I'm not interested in a Vortex GenII Razor 1-6, too big and heavy.

Overall the K16i is an excellent scope, for smaller targets the 2x more magnification definitely helps over the 1-4x

Mine was with the G4 B reticle.

Kahles_K16i.jpg

The only small gripe I had with it was the lack of locking external turrets.

I used it in international level IPSC match use for several years and the only reason why I dont use it anymore is that I wanted a bit more magnification and now using the Swarovski Z8i

swaro.jpg

Some of our 3 Gun customers prefer either the Kahles 1-6 or Swaro 1-6 though some are tempted to try out the newer Swaro 1-8 as well! Feel free to give us a call at 916.670.1103 and we can assist you in your decision.

Three words . . . Field of View . . .

The Kahles is the closest thing to a heads-up display I've ever used.

I was a bit sceptical before getting the Z8i, in how much there would be improvement/gain over a 1-6x.

Having now used the Z8i 1-8x since last winter, I can honestly say it has made a difference compared to a 1-6x scope.

Off hand shooting at 17 cm / 6.6" plates at 100 meters is very doable with the scope ( the new comp I am using and the aluminium bolt carrier of course being a part of this combo )

Best strings range c. 3.3 - 3.8 seconds from the beep for 3 shots/hits.

If I mess up, then the times are in the 5-8 second range with 4-7 shots usually.

So I would say the biggest diffence is the improved ability for off hand shooting at longer distances and not compromising anything in other shooting types ( low magnification, closer targets, shooting on the move etc )

The scope was really put to the test the first IPSC Rifle World Shoot in Russia in June, placed 7th overall.

Places 1-3 in Open also went with Z8i using Finns as well ;)

Excellent scope overall, as one should expect from Swarovski.

Cool. I was not aware of the Swarovski 1-8. I'll have to check those out too.

From another K16i post

The Swarovski Z8i 1-8 with the BFT-I reticle is a very impressive LPV! Give us a call at 916.670.1103 for hide pricing on this one :cool:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net\/v\/t1.0-9\/22519228_1754348444607661_3306729599127794337_n.jpg?oh=5d4bd69f24ac7b787bb94c8b8bed660c&oe=5A7276F0"}[/IMG2]