• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles K18i arriving finally

New K18i on top of my Proof 16" blaster:

IMG_9095.jpeg
IMG_9096.jpeg
IMG_9098.jpeg

Reactions: Moose
finally in a position to give my feedback on the Kahles K18 vs the C1-8 short dot cc...

I bought the short dot after the Kahles and man, I wish I looked first. I was comparing the Kahles to my old 1 - 4X PM II...

the short dot absolutely, unequivocally crushes the Kahles... not even close for me. I thought the Kahles was tops and I do like the reticle but side by side at every power range the PMII pulls away. clarity and sharpness are astounding... I switched between rifles and I found the PMII to be quicker. At 1X it seems perfect for me; no noticeable distortion. tomorrow I will be shooting with a guy on a NF ATACR... it will be interesting!

eZ9lj44.jpg
Do you still own both of these optics?

That scope looks great on that rifle,I use to have the 1x6 Kahles they are sweet scopes.

Last edited:
The second dot is for further distances, ie. what ever it may happen to be with your rifle/load. As you can see, it is slightly smaller, as to not cover as much out at 300m for example.

I switched over to the K18i recently from the Z8i. I do not especially like the second illuminated dot.

But overall it is a great scope. I was using the K16i for a number of years prior to the Z8i, so not my first time around with Kahles.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210319-111215.png
    Screenshot_20210319-111215.png
    571.4 KB · Views: 122
Yep, the riser is due to wanting a slightly higher mounting that I have been using with the Spuhr SP3016 ( 38mm ) and I did not find any mount in the 41-44 mm range ( only the 1.93 / 48 mm mounts meant to clear IR lasers etc )

The K18i now sits at c. 1.65" / 42 mm with the riser and Spuhr SP3001 mount and I feel like I do not need to push my head down as earlier.

Yep, the riser is due to wanting a slightly higher mounting that I have been using with the Spuhr SP3016 ( 38mm ) and I did not find any mount in the 41-44 mm range ( only the 1.93 / 48 mm mounts meant to clear IR lasers etc )

The K18i now sits at c. 1.65" / 42 mm with the riser and Spuhr SP3001 mount and I feel like I do not need to push my head down as earlier.

Badger Ordnance makes a 1.70” height mount, it’s what I run my K16i in. It’s a pretty nice mount, you can mount an offset RDS directly to it as well.

It’s a great height, amazes me almost no one else makes a 1.65”-1.75” LPVO mount, given that it’s a standard height for RDS’s.

The second dot is for further distances, ie. what ever it may happen to be with your rifle/load. As you can see, it is slightly smaller, as to not cover as much out at 300m for example.

I switched over to the K18i recently from the Z8i. I do not especially like the second illuminated dot.

But overall it is a great scope. I was using the K16i for a number of years prior to the Z8i, so not my first time around with Kahles.
Hello, that's really interesting, why is it that you prefer the K18i over the Z8i? I am running Swarovski scopes, but am always curious about the Kahles. The Z8i has a published 93% light transmission, but I don't see anything like that for the Kahles. (I shoot after dark a lot for hogs in the Texas brush).