• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles k525i issue

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2018
I just purchased this scope May 4th of this year. I finally got it mounted and on its rifle. I went out and shot it, doing some load development, nothing eventful. I then notice these specs that appeared to be water droplets. Using the Kahles supplied microfiber cloth, I tried wiping them off on the diopter side, still there. Thinking they must be on the objective side, I try that, still there.

I notice that if I turn the focus, the specs turn. If I turn the magnification, the specs stay in the same spot but appear to get smaller (leading me to believe it is an internal lense issue).

I’m just curious if anyone knows what this issue is, if anyone has experienced it with Kahles, Swaro, or any other company for that matter?

I’ll be sending an email to the warranty folks at swaro and seeing what they think it is and if repair is needed, the turnaround time.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any input.

Attachments

• D7697AAA-6177-4A19-9331-C061D776B483.jpeg
    D7697AAA-6177-4A19-9331-C061D776B483.jpeg
    423 KB · Views: 124
  • 70DC4F10-66FE-423B-AD81-EA080F63EC94.jpeg
    70DC4F10-66FE-423B-AD81-EA080F63EC94.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 118
  • 3513A510-59EA-4508-A8FA-10D805C0EF8C.jpeg
    3513A510-59EA-4508-A8FA-10D805C0EF8C.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DA869D4D-3D0D-464D-A112-0E25F75ACCD2.jpeg
    DA869D4D-3D0D-464D-A112-0E25F75ACCD2.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 103
I've owned 6 Kahles 624/525s and never seen anything like this. I'd definitely get customer service involved.

Reactions: Dburns
Thank you. I just finalized the email and sent it. This is my third one and I have never had a problem or repair needed.

I will be patiently awaiting their response. I’m hoping the turnaround time won’t be too long.

They just send you a new one in exchange, which is likely going to be the case as this is a factory QC issue if it is internal to the optic as it appears.

I just purchased this scope May 4th of this year. I finally got it mounted and on its rifle. I went out and shot it, doing some load development, nothing eventful. I then notice these specs that appeared to be water droplets. Using the Kahles supplied microfiber cloth, I tried wiping them off on the diopter side, still there. Thinking they must be on the objective side, I try that, still there.

I notice that if I turn the focus, the specs turn. If I turn the magnification, the specs stay in the same spot but appear to get smaller (leading me to believe it is an internal lense issue).

I’m just curious if anyone knows what this issue is, if anyone has experienced it with Kahles, Swaro, or any other company for that matter?

I’ll be sending an email to the warranty folks at swaro and seeing what they think it is and if repair is needed, the turnaround time.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any input.
What was the outcome of this? Did they repair replace the scope? I had one time lost a retaining ring on my 624 They have one in the mail for me the next day

What was the outcome of this? Did they repair replace the scope? I had one time lost a retaining ring on my 624 They have one in the mail for me the next day

Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, they replaced the scope BUT the one they sent ended up having a similar failure. It isn’t nearly as bad as the last one but frustration is setting in as hunting season is fast approaching. See the images for the replacement scope they sent...
2288F445-4D68-4513-B777-1E888945DB0C.jpeg
1FF64C7F-FA60-4CE0-A313-C13BDEA27CAD.jpeg
3F0F0105-4E20-40A6-9AA3-A7FF7850751A.jpeg

It looks like debris, dirt, or maybe some type of grease. I’ve had scopes do that before.

Possibly grease from the mechanics inside the scope....???

It looks like debris, dirt, or maybe some type of grease. I’ve had scopes do that before.

That’s what CS Tactical hypothesized. The only issue is, it’s on the other side of the glass, not something I can wipe clean.

I have a k525i on my 6.5 PRC and never experienced this issue. This close to the upcoming seasons, I’ll probably just run it as is and send it back in when hunting is through.

It doesn’t hurt anything, it’s just completely annoying and shouldn’t be there. And yes, it’s from the debris inside the scope lens.

That sucks, so are you sending this one back? I am thinking of buying a k525 so I'll be following this.

It doesn’t hurt anything, it’s just completely annoying and shouldn’t be there. And yes, it’s from the debris inside the scope lens.

Yeah, that’s why I’ll run it for this hunting season and get it sorted out after. It just drives me nuts when I look through a $3k scope and see those bubbles haha

That sucks, so are you sending this one back? I am thinking of buying a k525 so I'll be following this.

Yes, absolutely. I will probably hold onto it for now. My hunting seasons are fast approaching and I am finalizing some load development. After the seasons, I’ll send it back in.

Yes, absolutely. I will probably hold onto it for now. My hunting seasons are fast approaching and I am finalizing some load development. After the seasons, I’ll send it back in.
Well keep us posted I want to see how this gets resolved. I think if you called them and showed them no.2 they'd probably overnight you a new one for your hunt.

Kahles repaired a 624 of mine that had the same issue. No charge to me and had it back in 6 weeks or so. Had to go to Austria.

I’ve never been less than satisfied with their after purchase support and trust me I’ve used it.

Just an update for everyone that was interested in the outcome. Kahles took great care of me. They sent me a new scope, overnight.

However, after getting it mounted and sighted in, I came across a good deal on a ZCO. I fell in love with that scope and bought a second ZCO and replaced both of my k525i on my rifles.

I will be posting up both of my Kahles k525i for sale soon. Still great scopes but I can't unsee the glass in the ZCO.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
Please message me about your k525i scopes that you you are looking to sell.