• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes kahles k525i

I love the looks of the SKMR3 reticle on the Kahles. I've read reviews that say the Kahles does have a narrow FOV at 25x, but that it is optically superior to the S&B, and that the Tangent Theta blows them all away in regards to optical properties and turrets. It has also been stated that the Kahles has less tunneling at lower powers than the S&B. I would like to look through a Tangent Theta to see what all the fuss is about, but no one locally carries them.

The k525i is definitely not superior to Schmidt. Not sure what reliable review stated this.

Tunneling is a personal preference if it bothers you or not and doesn’t affect function at all.

TT glass is about the best it can get. Zcomp is as good or a touch less. Controls are better on the zcomp for people who like locking or low profile turrets. Reticle is generally going to be considered better on the zcomp as well.

(I’ve owned all the optics mentioned)

I originally wanted to compare k525 skmr3, zcomp mpct2 and SB lrr ret...
First few minutes i decided to put the kahles on the side and let the BIG dog fight each other....IMO shes not on the same league

View attachment 7054727
I originally wanted to compare k525 skmr3, zcomp mpct2 and SB lrr ret...
First few minutes i decided to put the kahles on the side and let the BIG dog fight each other....IMO shes not on the same league

Meh, go ahead and get rid of that garbage on the right hand side ?

The k525i is definitely not superior to Schmidt. Not sure what reliable review stated this.

Tunneling is a personal preference if it bothers you or not and doesn’t affect function at all.

TT glass is about the best it can get. Zcomp is as good or a touch less. Controls are better on the zcomp for people who like locking or low profile turrets. Reticle is generally going to be considered better on the zcomp as well.

(I’ve owned all the optics mentioned)

The new K525i is a way more refined scope than the S&B. Glass is about the same, it has usable low end magnification, its shorter, left side windage, better turrets, parallax on top.

I haven't adequately compared anything to Schmidt but it really depends on what mag range you're using to compare them. According to ILya's review of the k318i next to a TT315M it's extremely good not quite TT but not far off, Bill also tends to like the k318i more than his S&B ultra shorts. Of course different optics yes, but there isn't much difference optically between the K318i and K525i at all that i've seen having owned both now for over 6 months. Max mag? Yes Kahles falls behind with the k525i it loses some on the top end, it isn't up for debate. Through the magnification range, say 5-20? For the brief comparison i had with the ZP5 it was pretty equal FOV and CA control withstanding. I've only been behind one PMII so as i said i can't really speak for that optic but everything else outside of TT & ZCO i've had some time behind and the k525i in terms of resolution and contrast a little below max mag is phenomenal, it just comes at a cost that most aren't willing to put up with, I.E. very small FOV and shallow DOF. It's a hindrance on what could've been a home run for Kahles IMHO.

Beating a dead horse but at the end of the day every piece of glass in this price range is good enough. There are opinions about them all with most lining up like this, TT residing on top with Hendsoldt, then Minox/S&B/ZCO/Kahles etc. I still recommend getting behind them all, shooting them all if applicable, and seeing first hand what reticle you like the best. For me it's the SKMR3 and i think if i had my pick currently the Mil-XT would be my second favorite until we inevitably get a SKMR4. MPCT2 is up there as well i just love the alternating 2/10th vertical of the Mil-XT, it's something that sticks out to my eyes as to never get lost or mix up a hold. Which i did with the H59 on a boat stage last year out of my mark 5. Of course practice behind any system alleviates this, but simultaneously if i can make it simpler i choose to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ravenyzf-r6
The new K525i is a way more refined scope than the S&B. Glass is about the same, it has usable low end magnification, its shorter, left side windage, better turrets, parallax on top.

The glass noticeably better in the Schmidt at 25x.

The rest of your post is personal opinion on what refined is.

I picked the k525i over Schmidt for personal preferences. But it only compares to the Schmidt optically at 15x or so.

The only value in a shorter optic is when you have limited space for nvg and such.

Left side windage and top parallax are literally creature comforts. The practical use for both is minimal.

I've only recently bought a Kahles k624i. It's my first high end scope so the next best thing I have to compare with is a Bushnell DMR2.
So far I'm very happy and my only criticism would be the short and unforgiving eye relief.
I originally wanted an SKMR3 but went with a deal on an AMR that I just couldn't turn down. I actually think I prefer the AMR now.
I don't really like that the SKMR3 has .2 marks horizontally but .5 vertically. Either way is fine but both axis should be the same.

I see some Kahles users here, I just got my K318i, but I can keep turning the fast focus eyepiece untill it even comes out.
My dealer said it is okay, you could put polarized filters in there? But I never had a Kahles before, and it just seems weird to me.
Does anyone had this before? It is brand new, I just unpacked it 5 minutes before I took this picture.

• Wow
Reactions: TheMammoth and bjay
I've only recently bought a Kahles k624i. It's my first high end scope so the next best thing I have to compare with is a Bushnell DMR2.
So far I'm very happy and my only criticism would be the short and unforgiving eye relief.
I originally wanted an SKMR3 but went with a deal on an AMR that I just couldn't turn down. I actually think I prefer the AMR now.
I don't really like that the SKMR3 has .2 marks horizontally but .5 vertically. Either way is fine but both axis should be the same.
What kind of deal did you get if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking at buying the same thing used.

The glass noticeably better in the Schmidt at 25x.

The rest of your post is personal opinion on what refined is.

I picked the k525i over Schmidt for personal preferences. But it only compares to the Schmidt optically at 15x or so.

The only value in a shorter optic is when you have limited space for nvg and such.

Left side windage and top parallax are literally creature comforts. The practical use for both is minimal.

No is not, at least in my samples. I’ve had my PMII for years now and I’m still very happy with it, but the glass is not better than the kahles. If anything the Kahles seems to have the edge on brightness. The other advantages of the optic is why I now use the Kahles in matches.

I’ve owned both. The kahles is better mechanically. The Schmidt is better optically. It’s honestly not even that close. The kahles isn’t bad but it’s like looking through a straw compared to the Schmidt imo

No is not, at least in my samples. I’ve had my PMII for years now and I’m still very happy with it, but the glass is not better than the kahles. If anything the Kahles seems to have the edge on brightness. The other advantages of the optic is why I now use the Kahles in matches.

This has been my experience as well. I actually prefer my Kahles k624i in most aspects to the PMII. The eye relief for me is fine (have gen3), eye box amazing, the only ding I see is the CA but that is only if I’m shooting white targets. I live in Canada and the price difference between the two, at least here, makes Kahles worth more.