• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles SKMR reticle

mrobles3808

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2013
Nebraska
If anyone is using the Kahles with SKMR reticle, would you mind commenting about the pros/cons. I love the open center with dot, but I fear the dot is so small it would wash out on target. Especially on super bright days.

M, this is one of my favorite reticles. I consider it more a competition reticle as it is pretty thin, for my tastes as a mix between tactical/hunting reticles the Vortex AMG EBR-7 and Minox ZP5 MR4 reticles are just a wee bit thicker and get my nod, but I doubt you're going to miss shots with the SKMR. A picture is worth a thousand words so here's something to look at

Reactions: CSTactical
I've used the SKMR (and SKMR3) a lot, and like them. I have never had an issue with reticle being too thin. I shoot mostly around 12-15 power if that helps.

That Minox MR4 looks pretty interesting. I run an AMR right now in my Kahles but have been eyeing a SKMR 3. I need to see one in person. I don't know why, but I am concerned the solid lines (below the crosshair) would obscure much of sight picture and/or target, hence why I like the AMR.

I run a SKMR2 and haven't noticed the xmas tree cluttering up the sight picture any more than the EBR-2c in my Razor, but I do prefer the dots in the tree of the Razor.

I have a SKMR2, it's similar to the AMG EBR-7. I like the small cross-hairs in the center. Just my eccentricty.

While the dot can feel washed out when glassing during a hunt, you pick it up quickly once you have the reticle on target.

While the dot can feel washed out when glassing during a hunt, you pick it up quickly once you have the reticle on target.

Agreed. It is very easy to center on target as you focus in from the crosshairs down to the center dot. I like having the "air gap" around the dot.

Just got my K624i LSW w/SKMR3. So far I really like the feel of the scope, but the reticle is by far my favorite. Floating dot, .2 mil hashes, and a tree for holdovers. What more could a guy want?

The SKMR3 is awesome. Demo'd a K624i LSW with the SKMR3 and the the optic is very well built, great glass and the reticle is one of my favorites.