• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles V Minox V NF

Of the 3 Minox ZP5s I have (2 white box 1 black box) the black box turrets are definitely different. The glass and tracking is superb in all 3. I will continue to use purchase and use the Minox due to the quality vs Price factor... The ZCOMP and MK5 are on my short list.

Another reason was cost. My first ZP5 cost me $1800, second was $2200 and third was $1725. That's an average of $1908 each... Less than a gen ii razor.

Reactions: deersniper
Minox customer service takes it off of any list for me. 2-3 months and maybe it gets fixed or maybe it's another 2-3 months is completely unacceptable.

Out of ATACR/Kahles, I much prefer the ATACR. But neither is bad. I like both the mil-R and mil-C. SKMR2 and 3 are both good reticles too - neither scope will hold you back.

Last scope was an ATACR and current scope is a 525i. Spent some time with a 5-25 ATACR last week just to remind myself what they were like.

It’s over priced at 3000 or more but at 2500 it’s a good scope and expectations are in line with what you pay.
Does have a lot of CA when you get off centre (which I don’t really think is acceptable at the price point) but if you have your rifle setup properly and have good fundamentals you shouldn’t ever really notice it.
The more time I spend with it the more I like it. The LSW and top parallax just work, I really enjoy the controls and ergos, size and weight of the scope. The FOV is a bit narrow and it is like looking into a tube (but so is the ATACR) but other than that no complaints really. The turrets are better than the ATACR, illumination is better, reticle is good, setting the turrets is so easy compared to the ATACR. Glass is obviously same league as the ATACR but we won’t get into that they all good at that price point.
Durability is as good I carry my rifle around by the scope, throw it in the truck and it bangs around on everything while I drive around on the farm, run it in and out of barricades no worries, I’m super confident in the scope, it’s tracking and happy with it for what I wanted it for (lightweight and compact 5-25 scope prs and long range hunting crossover scope) but only at the right price. If I wasn’t concerned about weight or size which most guys aren’t because they won’t be hunting with it I would just go the 7-35 ATACR.

Not a fan of the NX8. Too many compromises to hit the size, weight and price.
Would you say the Kahles had better glass the the atacr or the other way

Hi
Of the 3 Minox ZP5s I have (2 white box 1 black box) the black box turrets are definitely different. The glass and tracking is superb in all 3. I will continue to use purchase and use the Minox due to the quality vs Price factor... The ZCOMP and MK5 are on my short list.

Another reason was cost. My first ZP5 cost me $1800, second was $2200 and third was $1725. That's an average of $1908 each... Less than a gen ii razor.
did you get all 3 in the px for that price

I'm with Kahles and have both a 318 and 525, after i was running S&B 5-25.
And i really like those Kahles, they are both gen 3 SKMR 3 and i have zero issues with them.

I had a talk with a representative from Swarovski ( who owns Kahles ) and he told me, that they in fact had some issues with the mechanics, but the majority of these issues, was related to the mounts people are using and rings that has been tightened way more than the 21 lbs recommended as max torque.

I run mine in Spuhr mounts and there has never been any problems with tracking or return to zero.
Did he mention what specific rings/mounts caused issues? I run NF rings on almost everything. I do have a spare Spuhr sitting around tho

Which scope do you like better the MK 5 or the Minox?

The minox MIGHT have had better glass but I didn't have them side by side ever. I do know, if it was better, it wasn't substantially so. The glass in the MK5HD is fantastic. I'm not crazy about the illumination knob on the MK5HD but it's my favorite optic overall of all that I've had my hands on personally.

Why not check out Ilya Koshkins videos? He's looked at almost, if not all of these scopes. He's probably not as biased as we are since he doesn't own most of the scopes he reviews.

Did he mention what specific rings/mounts caused issues? I run NF rings on almost everything. I do have a spare Spuhr sitting around tho
Not in specific, but Spuhr was definitely not a part of the problem. The scopes, turned in for warranty repair, are rarely fitted in their mounts.
But, he mentioned, that they saw a lot of center tubes, there had been squeezed by the mount rings ( what we are calling Weawer scars here in Europe ) and even the best constructed scope can not survive that kind of abuse.

So, when you are buying a good scope, you should buy a even better mount for it and fit it properly.
For me, there are Spuhr and no other!