• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Kahr cw9 and p9

Roadwild17

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
Central East Texas
Can anyone tell me the difference between the cw9 and p9 that accounts for the ~$200 price difference between them? I know one is slightly (.1 of an inch) difference and like .8 of an ounce between them, and the cw has one mag where as the p9 has 2 mags.

Also, how is the cust. support over at Kahr.

Re: Kahr cw9 and p9

I've shot the P9 and PM9 and carry the PM40 daily. I've held the CW series also. I don't know that there is much difference between the CW9 and P9. But there is a big difference between the CW9 and PM9. The PM series is a great little, carry anywhere pistol. I would get the CW series between the CW9 and P9. But if you want something small, then I'd look at the PM series.

Kahr's customer service is awesome. I've got over 1500 rounds down my PM40. I started having feeding issues, and ended up wearing out the slide springs. They sent me a replacement within a few days. They sent me 2 springs, and said to change them out when I get another 1000 rounds. I also had some feeding issues with my first PM40. I sent it back, and they sent me a new pistol that functioned perfect (until I wore out the spring). So, I speak highly of Kahr, and recommend their products. Plus they make a great little carry gun. Plus, I've shot a 12" 4 shot group at 100 yards with my PM40!

tough to beat when it comes to the size. accuracy wise my experience was horrible heh

The P9 has much more refined machining on the top slide section. More angled edges and stuff. The CW9 is more boxy. Same internals.

Go with the CW9, you won't be disappointed.

There's an article somewhere that details this. If I can find it, I'll post it.

img_cwvsp9.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Affordable Cuts

That 21-percent price break has to come from somewhere, though, nobody sells guns at a loss. Kahr shaved its dollars by replacing six P9 features with cheaper variants. The CW9 barrel features conventional rifling with a 1:10" right-hand twist (the P9 rifling is match-grade polygonal). The CW9 slide stop lever is metal-injection-molded, the P9's is machined. The CW9 front sight is pinned in place with no front dovetail cut, while the P9 front sight is dovetailed, making it drift-adjustable and easy to upgrade. (Rear sights of both models are dovetailed.) CW9 slide is less machined with no lightening grooves or scallops as has the P9 and the CW9 comes with one magazine, while its big brother, the P9, comes with two.</div></div>

if i were to buy a kahr again it would be the mk9 ...the poly frames on those guns just scare me.

Kahr P9 is a nice gun, conceals easily, but shots more accurately than PM9 or MK9. I think it is almost the perfect compromise in size and accuracy for a CCW. The metal equivalent would be a K9 rather than the MK9.

No experience with the P9, but I do have a CW9 and I really like it a lot. I'm sure that the P9 is a little nicer but the CW9 fits my use nicely with no complaints other than I wish it came with 2 mags instead of one.

JMC