• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Kahr Reliability

KYpatriot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2009
wishing i was in KY
Hey gurus,

I have a CW9 that has functioned flawlessly but would prefer to move up to .45 or .40 and the P series.

Has anyone carried the P45 and shot a lot with it?

My main concern is reliability. I haved carried other weapons but the CW9 I keep coming back to because it is the lightest most concealable (comfortable) weapon I have owned. Tough to beat the dimensions Kahr offers.
Seems like you hear a lot more about HK/Sig/Kimber than Kahr which is surprising since these pistols are very concealeable. Wondering if maybe I just got lucky with mine.

Re: Kahr Reliability

I've got the CW9 too and I've been really happy with it. I've never heard anything bad about the Karh's as long as you get past the 200 Round break in period that they recommend with them. I dont think you just got lucky with it.
JMC

I've had two Kahrs. One was a PM9, and the other is my current carry gun which is a T9. The only issue I've ever had was with the PM where the extractor literally came out in my hand when I was emptying the chamber manually. It and the spring just were sitting there. I put them back in and it worked just fine. My T9 hasn't ever given my any trouble, and both have been fired over 3 thousand rounds.

I own the PM9 and it performs flawlessly.

I owned the P45, and it was a piece of garbage. I sent it back to Kahr 5 TIMES, and they never fixed it. Trust me, this is the "PG" rated version of the story. I was pissed.

I use a PM45 in a pocket holster when it gets too hot to wear a jacket of a vest and I must keep my shirt tail in. I have found it to be 100% reliable when I shoot it. I have noticed that others who fire it get malfunctions from using a weak grip or a limp wrist.

I carry a PM9 every day. I had issues for the first 400 rounds but I stuck with it and its been 100% reliable ever since. I shot the P45 when they first came out and was impressed with it, handled very well for a 45 that weighs a little over 1 lb. The trick to Kahr handguns is a firm grip.

Love my pm45 but she does not like cheap ammo. Someone is selling a pm9(on the hide) I would like to acquire that as well..for the wife

My PM9 is my daily carry gun and has always functioned flawlessly, even during the break-in period.

I am at just over 300 rounds fired with my PM40 with zero malfunctions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey gurus,

I have a CW9 that has functioned flawlessly but would prefer to move up to .45 or .40 and the P series.

Has anyone carried the P45 and shot a lot with it?

My main concern is reliability. I haved carried other weapons but the CW9 I keep coming back to because it is the lightest most concealable (comfortable) weapon I have owned. Tough to beat the dimensions Kahr offers.
Seems like you hear a lot more about HK/Sig/Kimber than Kahr which is surprising since these pistols are very concealeable. Wondering if maybe I just got lucky with mine. </div></div>

I have a few buddies that keep them as a Daily Carry Piece. They are Absolute Lasers and very reliable!!

I have two Kahrs-- a PM40 and a P380.

The PM40 has gone back to the factory twice for readjusting and polishing. The first time, the firearm was not able to go through a magazine without a jam (failure to feed or failure to eject). I sent it back to the factory, and they replaced the springs and polished the feed ramp. I got it back, went to the range, and it still would not feed through a magazine. I sent it right back, and they polished the feed ramp to a mirror finish. It still tended to jam-- I was about to give up on it, but found if I used a round with a rounded nose (vice a squared nose), it would feed more reliably. Kind of a pain for what I paid for it, though. I bought it based upon the tales of utmost reliability, which were a bit stretched. I also had one of the magazines crack at the upper feed lips on either side-- Kahr replaced it.

The P380 is my wife's carry piece. She really didn't want a Kahr because of my experiences with the PM40, but I bought it anyway. Now, she does like the size, and the concealability. However, it also has a palate for more expensive ammunition. We've had a few failures to feed, but nothing which motivates me to send it back to the factory.

Would I buy them again? Well, probably. I really like the size, and once the kinks got worked out, they seem to be a bit more reliable.

I've got a mk9. Never a hiccup. 600 rounds so far. I don't consider a pistol for carry until I have 500 rnds through it without incedent.