• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Kalli's first paint job.

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    Girly is learnin how to shoot the paint.

This was my old tried/true M-40A1 "remix" from years ago.

Old:

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

In progress:

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

New!:

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

Not too chabby me thinks. Part of me does miss the nicks/dings from kicking it around though. (literally)

Re: Kalli's first paint job.

First time I met Chad, and asked him to re barrel up my 700. He shows me this rifle, says it's expensive. Hands it to me, saying, "be carful," As he drops it. On purpose too. I'm scared, he just smiles.

Thanks Chad(dick)
    whistle.gif

Very nicely done, what kind of paint was that she used?

I once had the pleasure of representing a young man that worked as a painter for Pee Wee's Choppers there in Sturgis. (I know its hard to believe that anyone that worked there would ever need legal help.
    wink.gif
    ) But he used a spray on liquid mask to paint the graphics that he got from a sign maker in the area. Something like this: http://www.strippablecoating.com/sign.aspx might be worth a try rather than spending the time taping. Just a thought.

Nice work!! I like the pattern. All freehand i assume?

Where did you order your color match from

If you kept that thing off the floor it wouldn't need a paint job........grin. Nice, Kalli!

Thanks guys. She was a nervous wreck at first. I think she was worried of goofing up. If she only realized just how good she is at this stuff she'd be fit to be running the place.

I like it. I think were going to stick with the spray gun for the patterns though. We tried using a sponge to apply on this one. Thought it might go faster, but I think the gun does a better job.

This is why we experiment on our own stuff.

As for throwing "ol girl" (the rifle) around. We have one final encore to that scheduled here. Dates keep getting screwed up as "my" pilot keeps pretty busy.

Hopefully not too much longer as I'm anxious to see if it lives.

Thanks again.

C.

Very Nice.

Tell her not to worry, it's just paint. She mess up, just start over
    smile.gif

Excellent work Kalli! Chad...you're keepin' me hangin' with the episode coming out on yer rifle!

Chad... I need coordinates of the drop zone??? Id be happy to pick up the rifle...

Im sure it will STILL be a shooter after the drop...LOL

I aint scared of a few scratches on the rifle.