• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Kampfeld Custom

69icarus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2010
Bismarck, ND
I'm sure this has been posted somewhere already but I cannot be more happy with the turn around time and professional work of Kampfeld Custom! I literally put 2 bolts in the mail to be fluted last Monday at 5:00pm and today I had them back at 11:00am. That is technically less than 7 days and they look great!

Re: Kampfeld Custom

Karl does the best fluting hands down. I have seen plenty of his fluting in my shop and all had superior surface finish and overall appearance. Karl does many great things, but his mill work is probably the best out there.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Karl does the best fluting hands down. Karl does many great things, but his mill work is probably the best out there.

Mark</div></div>

agreed. He does all my fluting for me.

Karl is a friend of mine from the gun club. He is a great guy, a great shooter and a fantastic gunsmith.

Glad your experience was good!

I heard he is a damn good hunter as well. Karl's fluting is the best I've seen. If he wasn't so damn busy I'd have him build me a rifle.

Karl is who flutes the barrels for LA Precision Rifles. He's 100% GTG, excellent work.

Chad Dixon is pretty hot too, dont forget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chad Dixon is pretty hot too, dont forget.</div></div>

true, but Kampfeld's turn around time is always 7 days for a fluted bolt. The OP's time frame for getting the bolt isn't a rush job or a favor. That is an everyday thing with Karl.

Karl is good to go, he has done maybe 6-7 bolts for me including bolt knobs and coating.

And I'm only days away from him finishing up a full on Kampfeld build. Am I excited - yup:)

I sent a bolt to Karl and got it back very quickly. His work is flawless. I'd like to check out his rifles one day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stu6X47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonder how fast he will turn around coating a barreled action? </div></div>
I would bet less than a week, call him. He always answers the phone.

I mailed my bolt on Thursday, and he recieved it on Saturday. He mailed it out Monday, and should be here tomorrow. My business was going to go with C Dixon, but his wait time on the group buy was just way too dam long. Thanks Karl for all your help and with all the reviews I dont think I need to worry about the final result!!

i will have to have him build one someday. some builders just have that little extra that goes into their rifles that seperates them from the the other top tier builders. he is definately one of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chad Dixon is pretty hot too, dont forget. </div></div>

Chad Dixon is also very very slow. Just got a bolt back that he had for 3 months for fluting and a knob. To make matters worse it wasnt what we agreed to. Just saying...........

I have used karl to work on my stuff a few times. His talent is only exceeded by his character. A great custom builder and a super guy to deal with.

He did a great job on my tactical bolt knob replacement for my Rem700 ... even finished it to match the barrel. Very nice work.

Karl is the Man...He has done 6 or 7 barrels and about 6 bolts for me alone. His work is always topnotch.....He is a great guy also....Not many left in the world like him anymore.

Karl is very fast he did 3 bolts for me. Im using him from now on. Chad was extrememly slow on chambering 2 barrels and wasn't what I was asking for.

Karl who???
grin.gif

He is a good honest man, who I consider a friend. Shoots okay once in a while too...
cool.gif

Karl will be fluting the barrel for my 6.5x47 build. He fluted a few bolts for friends of mine. All turned out fantastic. Kampfeld is GTG!