• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kansas City BBQ Where to eat

Re: Kansas City BBQ Where to eat

Hit up deisel. He lived in KC and is a KC/BBQ expert! Maybe he will post here with the deets.

Arthor Bryants. A classic.

A friend on mine who is or was a semi pro BBQ from Kansas now living in Alaska hates OK Joes as he never beat them, always got 2nd place with Joes was competing and I have tasted his BBQ that won semi pro BBQ comps so OK Joes must be good.

OK Joes, Arther Bryants,and Zarda's Jack Stack in that order. Had better "Q" at the HiVee than at Gates BBQ.

There is a little shop down near the zoo called L.C.'s BBQ. It's just a little converted burger stand run by an old black guy. Great BBQ. Been years since I was there, don't even know if the old guy is still around, but that was some of the best BBQ I ever had.

Arthur Bryants. I love their bbq so much I order their sauce on line from them.

+1 on the Arthur Bryants. I was there in 07 and the BBQ was great. Didn't think anyone could beat Texas BBQ, but I found I was wrong.

Depends on what ambience you seek....Oklahoma Joe's is great eats. 39th and Mission IIRC. If you get there and it looks like a gas station, thats it. Not a nice sit down place, but great food. For great BBQ in a classic roadhouse atmosphere, and live Blue's most nights, BB's Lawnside BBQ is one of my favorites. Bryant's is an experience, but not what it used to be since the old man passed. I can remember going in there, the floor covering had a path worn from the door to the ordering counter. There was a big jug of orange BBQ sauce in the window. I'm not sure if it's run by the Bryant family of if they have sold it off now days. Gates is a KC standard, not my fave but great burnt ends. Fiorella's Jack Stack is probably my favorite for great BBQ AND a nice sit down experience. I always went to the one at 95th and Metcalf, but there was usually a wait to get a table, even to get a seat at the bar. A busy place.

What part of KC are you going to be in. Smokehouse in Gladstone, on North Oak Trafficway, is really good. There's a little place called Rosedale's in KC, KS, on Southwest Blvd, just off 7th Street that's pretty good, and their lunch prices are very reasonable! There's always Famous Daves and Arthur Bryants out by Cabelas, although I too have never really been a fan of Arthur Bryants. Many, many choices in KC.