• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Kansas Gunsmiths

Duckdog

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2010
Like the title, looking for a smith in the Kansas city area, preferably Johnson county

Re: Kansas Gunsmiths

Well, aaa let's see......maybe
George at GA Precision!

Make the drive to North KC it's not that far
smile.gif

I have used that GAP guy a time or two try him out. Give them a call they will take care of you. If I lived in Kansas I would be broke.

And after you stop by George's shop you can walk North a couple of blocks, if the weather is nice just follow your nose to the smell of resin and the Awesome crew at Manner's composite stocks.

We (Kansas City locals) are blessed with 2 of the best right here in North Kansas City!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jetmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And after you stop by George's shop you can walk North a couple of blocks, if the weather is nice just follow your nose to the smell of resin and the Awesome crew at Manner's composite stocks.

We (Kansas City locals) are blessed with 2 of the best right here in North Kansas City! </div></div>

North a couple of blocks? Try north a couple of shops. Manners is about two store fronts up the street.

and yes, GAP is awesome!

Actually, I've been to both GAP and Manners, and both shops are top notch. GAP even let me browse their gun room, but ran me out when they noticed I was leaving a trail of drool.
grin.gif

I was just looking for someone a little closer. I've got a 700 that I'm probably going to eventually have to do a Sako extractor on and just thought I'd explore my options.

Seems like I recall a gunsmith posting here from the Olathe area.

The work area in the back of GAP is really cool isn't it!!!

You could always mail it to them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jetmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And after you stop by George's shop you can walk North a couple of blocks, if the weather is nice just follow your nose to the smell of resin and the Awesome crew at Manner's composite stocks.

We (Kansas City locals) are blessed with 2 of the best right here in North Kansas City! </div></div>

and then across the street to Smokin Gun bbq!!!

I would love to come check both GAP and Manners out. I should try to do that.. do they let you just come on by? or is that an appt type thing??

Honestly I have never tried because I feel like I would be wasting their time knowing I really can't afford anything either place offers at the moment.

But I sure would love to see what all they have available..

Its more of an appointment thing. Last time I was there they still did not have a retail area. They are super nice though, if you stop by I bet they will let you say hi and peak at the shop. If you are thinking about getting some work done it is definatly worth stopping by. Its easy to miss though. Theres no sign or anything to tell who they are other than the address on the building.

Olathe Gun Shop has an older gentlemen in their shop as a dedicated smith. He defiantly knows his way around a firearm but not sure if he does more than general repairs and trigger tune-ups.

But I'd have to agree with everyone else and let GAP do the work. The drive would defiantly be worth the peace of mind knowing it’s done right.