• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

kansas

Re: kansas

Fort Riley has a rifle range that you should be able to use with a personal weapon. It goes to 1000 yards, although I believe they were upgrading or doing maintenace on parts of it. Contact the range master when you get there and he will be able to square you away. If not, there are a couple of ranges within 30-45 minute drive, depending on teh distance you want to shoot. Can't help you as far as the hunting. Good luck!

The hunting in Kansas is great. I used too live up there in a few places and was born there. I have killed many pheasant, and quail, and my one and only turkey. I've personally never killed a deer there but my uncle and cousin seem to kill a very nice buck every year.

Walter

I was at riley for a while. Good public hunting land at lake milford and on post. There is a gun range on post you can use but from what i can remeber it was a pain in the butt.There is a range north of riley by a town called Randolph i think its about 20 mins from post if its still there. If you stop by one of the local gun stores in in ogden or manhattan they will point you in the right direction. Tell them you want the rifle range not the Tuttle Creek Shooting Park its for trap shooting unless its changed.If you have any problems shoot me a PM i have a few Buds that still live there i will have them put you on some good hunting grounds. Good luck to you

riley used to be open to public hunting, as far as the shooting range not sure. i was active so i never had to worry or ask but that was a few years ago not sure any more.

check here http://fortriley.isportsman.net and most post have a rec center you can call. some post r closed some r open it really depends on the post mission. I am not really sure if it is open to public i think it is but you have to take some classes. some post have raffles to obtain a tag it all depends best thing to do is check the post web page look for the recreation section.

Fort Riley's are ranges are not open to the general public. If you are a civilian, you need to go with someone who is active duty or retired. This is what I was told a while back, about a year ago, when I inquired about the ranges on post. I assumed the OP is affiliated with the military as they posted they are moving to Fort Riley. I believe there is some leeway for military contractors, but again check with the range master.

There is a range in Randolph called Fancy Creek. It has a pistol and rifle range. The rifle range goes out to 100 yards. There is a $10/day shootng fee for non-members. Here's the link: http://www.kdwpt.state.ks.us/news/Services/Education/Shooting-Ranges/Fancy-Creek-Range

i read wrong i thought he was talking about hunting. There range is not open to public sorry for the miss communication but hunting is open to public.

If you go to fancy creek go on a week day not during the weekend it was always packed

ok so i went there this weekend. and there are like 12 ranges within 10 miles of the area so thanks everyone