• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes KAPS OPTIK

ruth

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2010
Does anyone have any hands on review of KAPS tactical rifle scopes. These scopes are made in Germany but seem to have few users in the US.

Re: KAPS OPTIK

i asked this same question like 2 years ago. i saw a couple at a gun show and the glass is amazing. the quality of the scopes seemed very nice also. from a few of my buddies in europe they are about on par with s&b hunting scopes. there was something weird about them and the they have a strange unit of adjustment. i can't remember exactly what it was but it was strange something. my wording is wrong for sure but here is what i mean. if you look in the their specs they show it compared to s$b kahles ect and look at the difference in the adjustment at 100 yards. they are the first one in all the lists

Model
KAPS 6x42
Schmidt&Bender 6x42
Swarovski PF 6x42
Kahles Helia C 6x42

Magnification
6x
6x
6x
6x

Exit Pupil
7mm
7mm
7mm
7mm

Eye Relief
85mm / 3.35”
80mm / 3.15”
80mm / 3.15”
80mm / 3.15”

Reticule Type
Various
Various
Various

<span style="font-weight: bold">WINDAGE/ELEVATION ADJUSTMENTS </span>
@100 yards
0.200”
0.360”
0.360”
0.360”

@100 meters
6mm
10mm
10mm
10mm

In my limited experience, the Kaps scopes have nearly zero tunnel vision, like a Hensoldt, and nice glass. But they did have some odd features and have never really taken off here to my knowledge.

I have the 2.5-10x56 with the "sniper reticle" on my SSG. I really enjoy the scope, FFP and nice size. Price is good for a made in German product. It is basically a re-do of the Zeiss 1.5-6x36 HK G3 SG1 scopes of the late 60's early 70's, but on steroids. The reticle is a little busy, I would probably not get it again, but stay with the #4, but if you like entertainment in the glass, it's fine. The downsides are no parallax adjustment, but the glass is very clear, and the turrets are soft and mushy. I am going to look for an oring to stick under the cap to give it more friction? With a little tweaking it could be a really good scope. Better turret clicks with numeric values vs. BDC, mildot reticle.

I like it. Will post pics if I get the chance.

tiger222
How much elevation adjustment do these scopes have?
What are the adjustments calbrated in 1/8" etc...?

Ruth

it's 50 clicks on the turret, laser marked to 600 meters on the BDC in 308 (though which 308, I don't know
smile.gif
each click value is 5mm, so 250mms total adjustment. Not sure how to convert into mils (25mils?). Also there is a hold over (not sure how realistic that is) in the sniper reticle to 1000 meters....

Again the biggest downside is the turrets, uber soft. But optimistic that a fix can be found for that.

tiger222

What do you think would be the max range this scope can be used at with the elevation it has built in?

I would say it would depend on the rifle - what are you shooting?
Off hand, reliably, it would most certainly do the trick for 600 meters and under. Further than that, it would be a pot shot, imho.