• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Karsten's Cheek Rest

Re: Karsten's Cheek Rest

Karsten's rest is a great value, and I plan on adding one to my CZ one of these days.

Simple to install. And they work!!

DK

Racq01.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmallBoreSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet. Then it looks like I'll be ordering this for my rifle. Thanks guys! </div></div>

Deffiantly gtg for the money.

11i2zj5.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Deffiantly gtg for the money.
11i2zj5.jpg
</div></div>

is that a savage in the HS stock? how was drilling thru it? as it hollow, any issues?

I have seen numerous pics of the Karsten's but don't remember seeing any with a stock pack on them. Will they not fit? I have a eagle stock pack and been contemplating a Karsten's but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

I have seen a picture somewhere (probably on this site) of a Karsten cheek piece with a stock pack. It probably depends on how high you raise it. I just installed one about 3 weeks ago, very easy to do and Karsten is a great guy to deal with.

I used to run a Karsten with a stock pack. Personally I like them as a lightweight, low hassle, cost-effective alternative to stocks with "built in" adjustable cheek pieces or the McM saddle piece.

IIRC, I've got 3 of them now, sold a rifle with a 4th some time ago.

Here's a Manners T4 with it:

_MG_0604.JPG

I have one installed on a Remi 700 XCR with a Bell Carlson stock and it works like a charm.

Easy to install too..

I have one on my LTR and like it. It's not as nice/fancy as a built in adjustable cheek piece but it's cost effective and if installed correctly/carefully it works just as well, with probably less weight. Never tried running a stock pack with it, but I'm sure there is a way to do it.

A little fat so sometimes harder to line up your headbone.
Works pretty good. Wish it was a little thinner sometimes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac37</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Defensive Edge makes a great cheek piece also. </div></div>

it looks alot thinner than a Karsten and its like $30 more. has anyone tried it?

You dont want THINNER. Thinner gets pliable when heated up (left in a car, or in the sun...)

Karsten is the way to go.

P1010140.jpg

I've got two and have no problems at all with them. Great for the money and easy to install !

I've had 2, worked great, and Karsten was a pleasure to deal with. I ordered my first with the allen head hardware, then changed my mind and wanted the scalloped knobs. I called to order new hardware, he sent me the other, no charge.

Unexpected, but very generous.

I agree with JRose. Just got my first Karsten cheek rest in the mail. He's extremely easy to work with; answered all my questions and then some. Item shipped quickly and arrived with excellent instructions. Haven't mounted it yet but thus far, I'd have to say Karsten is top notch and so are his products.

Does anyone have his contact information or know of a place that has them in stock? Did I just make a punn?

I sent a paypal direct to karsten for a B Model and it came in a few days. Try sending him a PM on here.

DE ADJ CHEEK PIECES ARE GREAT. PERIOD
I HAVE USED 2 OF THEM.

Karsten has a good product but I feel they are way over priced. Several years ago I helped a squad make there own and I personally have made allot of them to give as gifts and give aways (at about $14.00 each). Using 3/16 kydex and a couple simple tools you can make one in less than an hour. If you make your own you can "custom" it and make it fit better to your butt stock.

This tutorial came out a while back and it's basically the same steps as the ones I've made.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=284834

Unless you are a real klutz it's very simple!

They do work and are g2g for the money. Ihave an eagles stock pack on mine it all fits you get a bulge where the adj. nobs are. Not to bad though.He has another where the nobs are flush fit and counter bored............PDM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MSG Janoski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Karsten has a good product but <span style="font-weight: bold">I feel they are way over priced</span>. Several years ago I helped a squad make there own and I personally have made allot of them to give as gifts and give aways (at about $14.00 each). Using 3/16 kydex and a couple simple tools you can make one in less than an hour. If you make your own you can "custom" it and make it fit better to your butt stock.

This tutorial came out a while back and it's basically the same steps as the ones I've made.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=284834

Unless you are a real klutz it's very simple! </div></div>

Its called making a profit. He sells them for a reasonable price and continues to, I'd say the price is about right.

I have no problem paying a guy for his time and effort and skill for a product I need. I can guarantee he can do a better job than I can at this, and my time has a good deal of value to it. The Karsten rest is just such a thing. Good work and works good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Its called making a profit. He sells them for a reasonable price and continues to, I'd say the price is about right. </div></div>

Hey more power to him! Nothing wrong with making a profit. I feel they are over priced for what they are, what they consist of and the fact that it's easier to make one that you can finish better, fit your stock better and is much less expensive to do so within an hours time.

maybe so for people with the means to do so. I have a shit ton of tools at my disposal but I would have trouble making a copy of the one I have.

I have one one my McMillan HTG and like it a a lot.

holy dead post resurrection batman. at least the newbs are reading back thru stuff

I believe Karsten has a contract with Savage for installment on a few of their production rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">holy dead post resurrection batman. at least the newbs are reading back thru stuff </div></div>

What, I was bored... lol!

Timely bump for me. I can't find this thing in stock anywhere. Is direct from Karsten the only way to get one?

just google/yahoo karsten cheek rest. i bet he has them. he just sent me a screw i lost for free. he will have one for you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Markm87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Timely bump for me. I can't find this thing in stock anywhere. Is direct from Karsten the only way to get one?</div></div>

Yeah, you can get it through him. I went with another online shop because I ordered a few things and paying shipping once is cheaper.

I have heard good things about the Karsten cheek rest & I am considering one for my Savage FTR.

However, do you have to drill all the way through the stock?

Yes, you drill all the way through, depending on the stock (some have components inside) you will drill in different spots. Just follow the directions and you'll be fine

yes, all the way through. 2 @ 1/4" diameter. i drilled undersize first then went up a little at a time. start to finish 15 minutes.

I like the design being simple and all but doesn't the added width change the "side to side" alignment of your head as you center up with the optic?