• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Karsten's Cheek Rest

Re: Karsten's Cheek Rest

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok, thanks for sharing.

</div></div>

Havin' a bad day, Rat?

I love the heck out of mine from Karsten.

Didnt know he had a new design out. What are the differences?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utnapishtim</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok, thanks for sharing.

</div></div>

Havin' a bad day, Rat?</div></div>

Well, only so so, but I just sat and stared at this post for like 5 minutes and for the life of me could figure out a single response or reason for the post. Guess I didn't emote as well as I should, meant to convey confusion rather than annoyance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the heck out of mine from Karsten.

Didnt know he had a new design out. What are the differences?

</div></div>

shaggy, i think there are 3 models. a, b, and c. not sure if any of them are new or how new if they are new. they show all three on karsten's site. dont know why the OPs so happy, this place says they out of stock. but i called them about a savage bolt handle this morning and they had them but just had not updated the website yet. i need/ want a karsten too. i just gotta wait for the new rings and 20 moa base.

Just send a paypal directly to Karsten noting what model you want. He usually has it in the mail to me in a day or two. I've never had to wait a full week to get one in my hot little hands.

you know i remember a time where if you just didnt leave the house, you could go without spending money. i am totally dropping way too much cash just sitting in front of the laptop. granted i paid some bills and got some dog food, bird seed and food stuffs. but dang, i bought a bunch of stuff.

Sweet. It just shipped out today. Yeah everyone I talk to that has it absolutely loves it. The "new style" isn't actually a new design of the cheek rest itself. It has new fluted knobs that can just be loosened or tightened by hand. The b and c models require an allen key. All 3 models have their differences and are all pretty sweet. You can check out pics and info on all 3 here...

http://www.imageseek.com/karsten/gallery/forsale

I like the locking feature of the b model. It would be a really easy mod for the a model. But I like the knobs of the a model better.

Also I must have gotten one of the last ones from tactical works because today it says the a model is out of stock. Cool.

This thing rocks. With the laced up pad it would give a little when you put it right up to your cheek. So sometimes I'd have to take a moment to get it just right. This one feels a lot more like a part of the rifle itself. You just go to sight in and your target is right there already aquired. It did come with the rubber cheek pad which I decided not to install. They even sent a "Tactical Works" beer huggie. Got everything I need now haha. Yes the knobs are on the correct side. I'm a lefty.

RiflePic1.jpg

Stock2.jpg

Stock1.jpg

Not to hijack thread but, I prefer the look of the Tac-Weld piece. Better knobs too.
img028.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUN NUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to hijack thread but, I prefer the look of the Tac-Weld piece. Better knobs too.</div></div>

Got a source/URL for that? Google turned up bupkis. I've got a Karsten "A" on my CZ-452 Silhouette and love it.

Geez, you guys.... he's a member here, posts under 'Karsten', and can be emailed by name at xmission.com or go to Karsten
I ordered my second Karsten cheekpiece and it arrived in two days. Order with confidence, he's on my GTG list.

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUN NUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to hijack thread but, I prefer the look of the Tac-Weld piece. Better knobs too.
img028.jpg
</div></div>

those are almost the same knobs that karsten has in his model A kit.

http://karstenskydexcheekrest.com/

AModel.jpg

^ Yeah they look the same to me. I don't think I'll ever have a rifle that doesn't have this rest. Love it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Davinho</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUN NUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to hijack thread but, I prefer the look of the Tac-Weld piece. Better knobs too.</div></div>

Got a source/URL for that? Google turned up bupkis. I've got a Karsten "A" on my CZ-452 Silhouette and love it. </div></div>

They are made by the guy in my signature
tac1.jpg

tac3.jpg

I got my tac-weld check piece today & it works like a champ!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my tac-weld check piece today & it works like a champ! </div></div>

Sweeeeeet. Pics pics!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tac-Weld pictures
IMG_8531A.jpg

IMG_8531A.jpg

IMG_8526A.jpg

IMG_8523A.jpg

IMG_8520A.jpg

IMG_8511A.jpg
</div></div>

Holy crapola! Anybody else notice that S&B on top of the Savage. So much for your .22 to be an economical alternative to your big-bore-bolt.

I wish I had resources like that. I just have a nifty little Tasco on my Savage.

Oh, wait . . . I do have an on-topic question.

Does anyone have (or had) both the Karsten and the Tac-Weld? If so, is there a real difference, and if so, which one is better?

Thanks!
(nice scope --> Nice stick)

Don't be knockin the ole S&B in top of the ole .22.

As far as which one is better, I don't really know; however I would not hesitate in purchasing another tac-weld