• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Keg bravo vs bergara hmr stock

iukamedic

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2017
Has anyone changed out the hmr stock for a bravo? I have read it’s about a pound lighter. Hmr stock has a good feel but I like the thought of lighter for hunting.

Has anyone changed out the hmr stock for a bravo? I have read it’s about a pound lighter. Hmr stock has a good feel but I like the thought of lighter for hunting.
Thats probably a change I wouldn’t bother with but you should be able to sale your HMR stock to pay for most of the Bravo.

The main draw on the KRG Bravo is its possibilities to customize it. I own both a KRG Bravo and an HMR in the original Bergara stock with the built in mini-chassis. The HMR stock is nice and I've customized it as far as I could take it by adding a rail for the Atlas bipod where the front sling mount used to be and adding a rail for the monopod on the buttstock, adding a mini-pad to the cheekriser, and a pig skin barricade patch to the forend, enough to decide to keep it. However the KRG Bravo has so many more options from adding a spigot mount, to ARCA rail, adjustable barricade stops and an adjustable buttpad, you can even upgrade it later to be like the Whiskey-3 with the TRG folding stock, more expensive than buying the Whiskey-3 outright, but an option.

The most important part of this equation is whether or not the KRG Bravo will actually fit the shooter. I don’t care what the stock looks like; it’s all a matter of how it feels. I know they perform. I’ve seen a several guys at matches shoot great w/ them.

I was interested in buying one until I put my hands on a Bravo. My decision not to buy had nothing to do w/ quality at all. I simply didn’t like the palm swells & that meant more to me than how cool it looks, how can I customize it & what it will cost me.

The feel of a stock or chassis is subjective; put your hands on a product before spending your money. I definitely believe in “Buy once, cry once.”

snip...
The feel of a stock or chassis is subjective; put your hands on a product before spending your money. I definitely believe in “Buy once, cry once.”
I believe in buy everything to try them all. Sell what you don't want.

Reactions: smtitmelevi
Correct about all points, it is all about the feel - and accuracy, adjustability has a lot of influence on feel. The palm swell is one thing on the KRG Bravo that you cannot adjust, so yes try it out before if you can; if you don't have a chance to try it out what I can testify to is that should you buy one to give it a try and decide you don't like the palm swell you probably won't have a problem selling it on this forum in the P.X. as I was trying to score one there without success having been beat to the punch by other members repeatedly before actually buying one from KRG direct.

You won't find mine in the P.X. though because the palm swell fits like it was designed for me. I usually like my stocks a little heavier than the Bravo out of the box, and for balance of a heavier contour barrel, so I added some of the heavy LOP spacers, the forend weight, and a small balloon filled with annealed steel shot in the grip, if I decide to use it in a hunting rig I'd simply remove the balloon, forend weight, and the heavy LOP spacers and replace them with the regular LOP spacers that came with the Bravo.

If you have specific questions regarding the KRG Bravo you can also pose them here on the forum since Justin (a.k.a. Massoud) from KRG is usually to be found on Sniper's Hide, or you can give them a call. Their customer service rocks and they are a company that is very responsive to questions and customer requests and has fielded quite a few products based on customer recommendations.

Reactions: iukamedic
KRG is great. They're an hour from the house and I love their products. I have a Seekins Havak Bravo and I'll say that for my frame the bravo fits me perfectly. It's comfortable and well balanced. I hadn't considered getting a bergara and dropping it into a KRG Bravo, thats a good idea. One of their premiers in 300PRC seated in a Bravo Chassis would be awful nice.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
KRG is great. They're an hour from the house and I love their products. I have a Seekins Havak Bravo and I'll say that for my frame the bravo fits me perfectly. It's comfortable and well balanced. I hadn't considered getting a bergara and dropping it into a KRG Bravo, thats a good idea. One of their premiers in 300PRC seated in a Bravo Chassis would be awful nice.
I have personally bought a Premier SA bolt from Bergara to upgrade my B14 HMR but some members who have posted here on the forum have actually purchased whole barreled actions from Bergara which might be something you might want to explore by giving them a call if you are planning to drop one into a Bravo chassis anyway. It might be worthwhile and I believe others would be interested to hear if that is still an option as well, and how much it might run. Congratulations on that Seekins Havak Bravo, I have seen and handled two of those and I must say they are sweet rifles!

I just purchased a Premier heavy barreled action in 6.5 cm. My FFL in Oregon ordered it from Davidson’s. I believe list was $1200. He had a triggertech special that I picked up as well. For both it was $1200, so after I pick up a Bravo I’ll be in as much as purchasing an HMR Pro. I’ve shot a few HMRs and really didn’t care for the stock personally. I should point out that the barreled action is bare stainless.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
I contacted Bergara directly and they don't currently offer the premier action/barrels. You can find em at a few dealers online though, but Bergara did say that they're going to be offering them here again in the near future.

I contacted Bergara directly and they don't currently offer the premier action/barrels. You can find em at a few dealers online though, but Bergara did say that they're going to be offering them here again in the near future.
Was worth a try, I know those who were lucky enough to be able to get them while they were available were very happy with their builds.

KRG is great. They're an hour from the house and I love their products.

Does being an hour away matter though? Earlier this year when I was randomly traveling through Boise for a couple days I tried getting a hold of KRG to get my hands on a Bravo and they said they only had an office with a couple managers and no product in it.

I’m still leaning Bravo for a build but would love to get my hands on one first for all the reasons described in this thread.

It matters to me. I like to support local business as much as possible. Just makes me like them more. Their product is all up in Coeur d'Alene Idaho. They've got an office in Boise and that's it. Even at their CDA location they don't sell over the counter. It's all web based. I bought a Havak Bravo without ever handling one. It worked out well for me. Depends how you like to shoot also. If you wrap your thumb it might not be as comfortable for extended sessions. If you're a veteran you can register with KRG for a discount also.