• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Kel-tec p3at and pf9

Silvereyes87

The path to nowhere is paved with excuses.
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2020
Victoria TX
Took the keltec's to the range yesterday . I bought these for carry guns because I love how small they are. The pf9 is slimmer then my 40 shell.

The p3at could not get through a single mag of
Winchester whitebox 95 grain. The sellier & bellot at 92 grain performed alot better. I had upgraded my takedown pin to one from mcarbo and I noticed when the dimple wasn't facing down, the pin would backout and cause a failure to eject.
Also the magazine with 6 rounds and 1 in the chamber had a habit of misfeeding and not ejecting
Compared to 5 in the mag one in the barrel.
Will buy another mag and retest

The pf9... flawless with Winchester white box 115 grain. Federal personal defense 150 grain couldnt get through a single mag. Very disappointing.
Both guns ive polished feed ramps. Looks like the pf9 either doesn't like the heavy grain or isn't a fan of hollow points.

Attachments

• 15945628551373155985634347382207.jpg
    15945628551373155985634347382207.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 18
I have worked on many of these. The only thing I found is a complete polish job. Frames rail, slide rails, lock up area on slide, recoil guide rod, barrel hood, feed ramp, sometimes the area the barrel feed sits on (part of the frame, need to have it polished/trimmed, it causes hollow points to hang up.

Reactions: Silvereyes87
Keltec triggers are 'Hideous' . They make my throwaway PT145 stainless Millen. Pro Taurus, look custom shop .

Reactions: Silvereyes87