• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kelblys atlas tactical ... looking for some advice on a build

motocross308

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2023
Sturgis Mi
im assembling a 300 nm using a kelblys tactical 338 action and was wondering if anyone had experience with these ? looking for some advice on what chassis works well with them and what triggers seems to work well . The trigger hanger seems to be an issue with some so im tring to make things smooth as i can

I have one and it has been a great action. Mine resumes in an XLR Envy Pro chassis. The assembly was seamless for me. I had no issues.

Reactions: motocross308
Great actions. Have one in 223 and one in 308. Zero issues, prefits available, etc. Have them both in Manners stocks and did take some quick 5-Axis Dremel work for the trigger hanger.

They are drop in in XLR chassis for me as well.

Running Timney Calvin Elite no issues. Sorry don't recall what number trigger hangers I am using. Kelbly’s will tell you.

You will not have any complaints.

ZY

Last edited:
I’m running a Prometheus with a TT Diamond. No issues. Kelbly’s will send you different hangers based on what trigger you decide to run… I somehow ended up with 2 different hangers but I think I’m running the one that came with my action.

Under appreciated in the tactical realm but make no mistake about it… they’re awesome.

Have a LA magnum bolt in an XLR Element with TT Diamond. No issues and I'm very happy with it. I wouldn't change my mind if I had to do it all over again. I did lap the Bolt. I only had about 50-60% lockup on one lug. It shot fine before that, just felt like something I wanted to do.
I had the extractor claw come off due to self-induced error with some ammo. They told me to send the bolt to them. The day it arrived there they called me, replaced all the internals and sent it back the same day. Can't say enough about their customer service. Top notch. I'm looking at picking up a prometheus when I can afford a second action.

I've been looking at the atlas tactical as well. Does the bolt have a lot of play when it's fully open to the rear? That's the only thing that kind of bugs me know my origin. Really isn't a problem running it and I'd buy another but I'm curious about other options for the next build.

I've been looking at the atlas tactical as well. Does the bolt have a lot of play when it's fully open to the rear? That's the only thing that kind of bugs me know my origin. Really isn't a problem running it and I'd buy another but I'm curious about other options for the next build.
very little

Maybe if I'm sitting in my living room just looking at it and working it with the intention of looking for play then possibly the smallest amount. Cheek welded behind the scope, ZERO. So smooth...

I’ve got a LA Atlas in 300PRC. Works well, no problems. Highly recommended.

I have one in a foundation stock with a slight mod for hanger, I have a bix & Andy tac sport pro . Get the upgraded ejector

Last edited:
SA Atlas chambered in 6.5 GWI built by Kelbly and mounted in an Envy Chassis. One of my favorite rifles and no issues to date. IIRC it has a Jewel trigger.

Throwing in a couple of pennies. Been running Kelbly's Atlas 338 in 300 NM since early 2021. I also have three other atlas tacticals in various flavors. All of them great, smooth performers. Customer service is excellent. Highly recommended.

The one thing wonky about the Atlas 338 action is the bolt stop. It needs a T10 (Torx) to unscrew the bolt stop in order to take out the bolt. I made a little sling out of heat shrink tubing to attach a Torx key. Works ok, but looks goofy. It's the red tab in the attached picture. This is purely a range gun to shoot out to 2000k (well used to be able to anyway).

MPA competiton chassis works great. Huber trigger works great with Kelbly's trigger hanger. Currently running four Hubers. Have tried Bix and Andy and Trigger Tech triggers. Will only be using Huber triggers from now on. They are all 2 stage, by the way.

I see MidWay has an Atlas 338 in stock for a decent price. Kelbly Atlas 338 @ Midway

Good Luck

Edit: Haven't made it to 2000k, will stick to 2k (yds) for now.

SH Pic 300 NM 2-1-24 Dist.jpg

Last edited:
Throwing in a couple of pennies. Been running Kelbly's Atlas 338 in 300 NM since early 2021. I also have three other atlas tacticals in various flavors. All of them great, smooth performers. Customer service is excellent. Highly recommended.

The one thing wonky about the Atlas 338 action is the bolt stop. It needs a T10 (Torx) to unscrew the bolt stop in order to take out the bolt. I made a little sling out of heat shrink tubing to attach a Torx key. Works ok, but looks goofy. It's the red tab in the attached picture. This is purely a range gun to shoot out to 2000k (well used to be able to anyway).

MPA competiton chassis works great. Huber trigger works great with Kelbly's trigger hanger. Currently running four Hubers. Have tried Bix and Andy and Trigger Tech triggers. Will only be using Huber triggers from now on. They are all 2 stage, by the way.

I see MidWay has an Atlas 338 in stock for a decent price. Kelbly Atlas 338 @ Midway

Good Luck

Edit: Haven't made it to 2000k, will stick to 2k (yds) for now.

View attachment 8348307
Yeah that’s where I bought mine