• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Kentucky bulls

veezer

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2007
Hazard, Kentucky
I thought you guys might like to see what runs around in the hills and hollers down here in coal country.

09-1.jpg

09-4.jpg

09-5.jpg

09-6.jpg

Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah, you cant get me...
09-3.jpg

Re: Kentucky bulls

I'm not familiar with the genetics or where yours are originally from.

But.. I concur you have some tremendous genetics in that herd.

Do you guys have a season yet?

It is sad to think the Elk originated from the east and were pushed west and grew roots. Living in the west I can't complain but to think they roamed in large numbers back east and now are scarce is sad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weda'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not familiar with the genetics or where yours are originally from.

But.. I concur you have some tremendous genetics in that herd.

Do you guys have a season yet?

It is sad to think the Elk originated from the east and were pushed west and grew roots. Living in the west I can't complain but to think they roamed in large numbers back east and now are scarce is sad.</div></div>

i watched a tv special on the kentucky elk, the originall herd is from yellowstone, arizona, new mexico and i believe montana, they did it right and got some of the best genetics around. they got the best and then reloacted them to kentucky to rebuild the elk herd.

plus the old coal mining opertions left behind some of the most supplemental grazing stips to be found.

look for the next world record to come from kentucky

lots of them are from AZ like shootone said...and it seems to be showing Nice pics

the majority of them came from Utah, but they also came from KS, ND, OR, NM, and AZ.

This fall will be our 9th season. This year there were 1000 tags available, with a max of 10% going to nonresidents.

Great photo's!! How tough is it to draw that license? Is it resident only?

That bull in pic #4 is a STUD!!

I'm in (resident)! First season to get the "draw"! Going to Western KY for some prize buckage!

???? I know they had some in Eastern Ky and around the Land between the lakes area... Thought they ONLY hunted the Eastern side of the comman wealth for those BIG deer? Good to see they're doing really well. To bad they won't lettim swim the "River" so we can have some fun. Besides shootin one with a shot gun would really suck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: veezer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
09-6.jpg

</div></div>

Mother of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. I need to see what this means exactly. Private land and Gov (State of KY owned) land near Green River has been mentioned. THis is all a first for me. Have you won a draw/been for KY Elk?

Nice resource BTW. THX again

speaking of Utah...it looks like that one bull has a little bit of "spidey" genetics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great photo's!! How tough is it to draw that license? Is it resident only? </div></div>

Pat are you thinking what I am thinking...
grin.gif

Veez, you done darn good with your crop my friend. Met a feller down this way on fishing trip that said he knew you, strange sounding name and was one of your cert guides.

hey fellas, a marine friend and I are headed to owensboro, to deer hunt in november. Any idea if there are elk around there, where to go, or how/best way to get a tag for elk. Thank you very much.

the only huntable elk are in the southeast part of the state....south of I64 and east of I75. You have to apply in the spring for one of the tags....draw only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: veezer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought you guys might like to see what runs around in the hills and hollers down here in coal country.</div></div>

yes, yes i do... after that post.