• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Kentucky Members Shoot Feb 25-27th

Re: Kentucky Members Shoot Feb 25-27th

I want to thank everyone that came, and RockCastle for making it happen.

I had the Pleasure of being a RSO for a Great bunch of shooters. The weather was decent, wind was challenging but not so much it prevented consistent hits. Was great putting faces to names and meeting everyone.

With 30+ people on the line it went smooth as Silk...Really made my job easy and let me send a few rounds down range also
smile.gif

Hopefully we can continue to do this on a monthly basis.

I'd like to give a Big Thanks to Tresmon "Trace" for coming and paying the fee's even tho he didn't have a rifle with him, just to help folks get on target or anything else they needed. From what I seen him do this weekend, his Long Range Shooting Classes must be Very well done !

A Re Cap for anyone that didn't get the numbers wrote down, the steel Mike and I had down range were.

400 yards: 4" and 6" Squares
700 Yards: 6" 8" 12" Squares
800 Yards: 8" 12" Squares
900 Yards: 12" Round and 8" Square
1000 Yards: 10" Square and 100% Silhouette.(30" x 18")

The 500 and 600 yard targets were 66% Silhouettes (20" X 12") of KYS338

The 1630 Yard target was a 17 X 21" MGM Provided by Rock Castle

I'm glad everyone had a good time. I have already spoke with Nick at RCSC to coordinate the next event. We are looking at dates and best possible weather scenarios. Now that I KNOW what to bring and expect I can better lay out a plan for most possible hits on steel and to layout the firing line more effectively.

I think RCSC has some great potential and we will see good things come from it once they are able to change the land regs. I already had a meeting with my assistant, he was at the shoot, and we have developed some target stands that are lightweight, easily moved and put out. My biggest problem was the weight of steel I had, I only had 11 units but the silhouettes easily weight 220 pounds each.

More info to come..... it will be in a new post though. I will get more definitive answers and package prices that will makes sense. I think this trip had to many variables per pricing. So I am going to organize it more thoroughly.

Well not 100% sure where to start, but here goes!

Thanks a million to Nick Noble and everyone at Rockcastle for giving us the opportunity to come out and shoot, and for all of the hospitality at the Lodge.

Thanks to everyone who worked behind the scenes, Mr.& Mrs. Ace, TresMon, KYS338 & the Lexington Crew.

Thanks to all of the shooters who took a leap of faith and came out to shoot, who pitched in and worked with each other, and made all of the work put into the shoot worthwhile.

It was a great weekend, glad to finally get to put some faces to the screen names. Thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge, as always I walked away with more than I came with.

If I can be of help to anyone who was at the shoot please don’t hesitate to drop me a PM or email.

Hopefully this will be just the beginning of much more to come!

Please keep checking back for updates, I am sure more information will be posted as it becomes available.

Thanks again, and Best of Luck,
M Richardson

I would like to take this time to thank all that helped me this past weekend. I had the time of my life. Being as I had never shot over 300 yards until Friday,(Been spotting for a while) I was most thankful for the help Tresmon, ~Ace~, and Captrichardson offered throughout the whole weekend. I must say they made the transition for me very easy to longer ranges. I would like to thank the staff of RCSC who as always were most welcoming and made us all feel right at home. IMHO this event went extremely smooth and the company could not have been any friendlier. Thanks to all for allowing this newbie to pulling the trigger to learn and actually hit a few targets!!

If you didn't have a GREAT time on this shoot you have no pulse. What a great group of people! I've sometimes wondered what everyone here on the hide would be like in person, now I can say with confidence, their better in person!

Like everyone I would like to thank KYS338, Tresmon, ~Ace~, and Captrichardson, they were the perfect group to put this together and I would like to thank each of them for their time and work. Not to mention the fact that they spent most of their time helping everyone else improve when they could have been shooting. I know for a fact Tresmon and Captrichardson ask me and my group at least 5 times if everything was going alright and if we needed any help. How cool is that! Specifically and in no certain order I would like to thank.

1. KYS338 and Barrett for their work getting this going, tons of work! (great dog Barrett)
2. Captrichardson for your help and advice and allowing me to put a couple rounds down range with your AI stocked 260.
3. ACE 1640 yards! Are you kidding me! Great shot!!!
4. Tresmon I wondered how well my 20in 308 would do at 1000yds, you made it look easy! Great shooting! Thanks for all your help you are the man!

Don/$

So I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for an amazing weekend of shooting. Special thanks to KYS338, Captrichardson, and ACE for setting up this event, I couldnt have imagined it running any more smoothly. Never having shot past about 350 yards and then being able to eventually push out to 1000 this weekend was even more gratifying than I could have imagined.

It was great to meet so many new people and I cant say thanks enough for the help and tips I got. I'm glad to hear that the next shoot is already in the works and I know I'll be signing up as soon as possible.
Thanks again

Well,this is my first post on Sniper's Hide. Here goes...

Had a great time meeting everyone! I am the guy that took some pictures. If you are interested...here is the ***link!***

Next time I won't forget to bring better lenses
frown.gif

Here are some samples
grin.gif

DSC_0049.jpg

^^^some kid stumbled off the short bus and found himself at the shoot haha Just kidding Andrew^^^

DSC_0047-Copy.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

While it has been said many times, it still bears repeating; many thanks to all who's hard work made this come together. It is always good to gather and make friends with fellow shooters and share information and ideas. And to be able to do that in an environment like RCSC is truly without equal.

I look forward to many more trips to Park Mammoth with you all.

Jason

Thanks for everyone who put time, effort and coin into this. This will do nothing but grow and get better.

Being off the trigger for almost exactly a year to date, my fundamentals were very poor.

I thought the weather was perfect even the wind.

Improvement; be able to target all ranges from all firing line positions. While we could move and it helped, I think it would be better to move up the hill to get higher so each firing position hopefully could see all targets. Or maybe have firing line positions marked for what range(s) can be targeted.

First class facility and superb day, thanks again to everyone for time, effort and coin to make this happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for everyone who put time, effort and coin into this. This will do nothing but grow and get better.

Being off the trigger for almost exactly a year to date, my fundamentals were very poor.

I thought the weather was perfect even the wind.

Improvement; be able to target all ranges from all firing line positions. While we could move and it helped, I think it would be better to move up the hill to get higher so each firing position hopefully could see all targets. Or maybe have firing line positions marked for what range(s) can be targeted.

First class facility and superb day, thanks again to everyone for time, effort and coin to make this happen. </div></div>

While I value everyones opinions on the firing line. I was told where we could shoot from by RCSC. They were very strict with that and were not willing to budge. I am talking with them now to determine if it can be moved.

Also working on a mowing schedule.