• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel 2700 issues

lutzy

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2013
south florida
anyone using a kestrel 2700 for 22lr prs? Having issues with what my kestrel readings are compared to what im actually shooting, for instance im zero’d at 50 yards using SK Standard + and when entering say 100 yard shot my kestrel is saying I need 5.6 MOA of elevation, but I actually need 6.5 MOA, pretty much for all my shots, the Kestrel is off by usually 1 to 1.5 MOA when shooting other distances. Is there a way to manually change anything for this thing to be accurate or just throw it in the trash and use my own dope calculations. I really wanted to use it mostly for wind holds but that function seems never to work, it always says 0.0 for wind hold. I called kestrel and they couldn’t even give me an answer and said they will get back to me in a few days, , kestrel customer service had a unit in hand while talking with them and was having a issue with theirs showing any wind hold while blowing into the fan blades. So far I think this was wasted money. Anyone have any luck with theirs shooting 22lr?

I don’t think the 2700 will produce results you want for a .22. That will be more for the 5700 elite. The useful functions for that will be DSF and perhaps a custom curve.