• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel 4500 Applied Ballistics Question

Junkie

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2010
I recently got my Kestrel with Applied Ballistics. I love it other than one flaw. I enter a new gun where it takes velocity, twist, scope height, and other gun features. One thing that it does not have is the zero environment. What conditions does it assume when you enter a new gun? My zero is based off of a certain set of environmental conditions, but it doesn't look like it takes that into consideration. What good is it to measure all of the aspects of the weather and not compare it to the conditions used when the gun was zeroed? Maybe I am looking at this wrong. Let me know if anyone else has figured this out.

Thanks for that. I ran some different scenarios and it works out. I guess I was looking too far into it. I would have to sight my gun in with over a 10000' elevation difference to see changes that will effect the shot.