• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel 5700 Elite Holdovers

Lastsaint21

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2020
I know when I was watching videos and learning how to use the 5700 I saw where you could tell it what target you was going to dial and it would subtract or add to the other holds but I can’t figure out how to tell it to do it. Is this only if you have the HUD as well? I have watched so many videos, I can’t find the particular one that talked about it. And I hope everyone had a Great Christmas!

Resurrecting this - Can anyone provide directions (or a link to them) to do this? I have the HUD and haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

It can be achieved by going to Gun->ZH and adjusting the height, but this is tedious and easy to get wrong. I would much prefer to setup a target and mark that one as the "zero" target.

I believe you're referring to the Hud Holdover predial setting

- Enter Settings Menu on HUD (power button)
- Scroll down to "Hldovr Predial"
- Change Hldovr Predial to whatever value required
- Switch to Target Card Screen

First column will be Tgt - your targets

Second column will be all holds for different targets relative to the "predialed elevation" value (essentially Target "Elv" minus "Hldovr Predial" = this column)

Scroll right to switch 3rd column to "Elv" - this will show actual holds relative to your zero.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Second column will be all holds for different targets relative to the "predialed elevation" value (essentially Target "Elv" minus "Hldovr Predial" = this column)

Scroll right to switch 3rd column to "Elv" - this will show actual holds relative to your zero.

Hope this helps.

That doesn't appear to be a setting in my Settings Page. All I have on the HUD is:
Bluetooth
Stage Timer
Screens
Single Tgt Setup
DOPE Card
Resolution
System
About

is that setting buried in one of these somewhere? I couldn't find it, nor could I find reference to it in the HUD manual.

Hope this helps.

That doesn't appear to be a setting in my Settings Page. All I have on the HUD is:
Bluetooth
Stage Timer
Screens
Single Tgt Setup
DOPE Card
Resolution
System
About

is that setting buried in one of these somewhere? I couldn't find it, nor could I find reference to it in the HUD manual.

Actually, I just checked and this was apparently added to a new firmware for the HUD. Even though I just got this last week, it's apparently running 1.01. Will update firmware to check!

Thanks!!

Firmware update solved it. That's much simpler than changing the ZH as I did all weekend! Thanks @Evintos

Reactions: Evintos