• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel max Ord distance???

AR15-SBR

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2014
I was playing around with my Kestrel 5700 Balistic and I found the max ord. But does there someplace that tells me at what distance the max ord occurs? Dummy me can’t seem to find it.

Patagonia is the only package I'm aware of that features a fully fledged Max Ord chart

1661440751614.jpeg

LastShot300, I would be nice if Kestrel would put the s
distance next to the height. Something like 3.7(mils)@653(yards) would be fine for me.

Reactions: LastShot300
LastShot300, I would be nice if Kestrel would put the s
distance next to the height. Something like 3.7(mils)@653(yards) would be fine for me.
pretty limited real estate on the kestrel. Plenty of calculators will give you that information. If you need it for some kind of analysis the kestrel is the wrong tool.

Reactions: LastShot300
pretty limited real estate on the kestrel. Plenty of calculators will give you that information. If you need it for some kind of analysis the kestrel is the wrong tool.
Just out of curiosity what other calculators give Max Ord data in a similar fashion?

Both Max Ord Height and Max Ord Distance are data fields that can be displayed on the watch face of the Garmin Tactix.

For sure the max ord distance would be nice to have on the device.

There are for sure instances for this.
I have aimed through power lines and had to look it up. I assumed the max ord is at around 2/3 of the distance to target. Same problems come from tree tops and branches.

Reactions: AR15-SBR and 6.5SH