• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Online Class

Kestrel Ballistics

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2018
Boothwyn PA
kestrelinstruments.com
We would like to try something different. Usually our online training classes have a basic outline of what we want to teach users about the Kestrel. We want to turn it around and offer a class driven by the users.

Please post topics you would like us to prepare for and deliver in this special class.

Once we have this class organized we will post how to attend the class.

Thanks for your help.

Short education on Sig 3000BDX pairing and use. Pearls, tips, etc. Pitfalls to avoid. Challenges to expect and overcome. Thanks!

Reactions: Hntgriz
Difference between (in-depth) calibrating MV vs calibrating DSF and when each is appropriate.

Why we should calibrate MV vs manipulating / changing BC (if using BC vs custom curve).

Discuss custom curves and when using a custom curve what is the best way to true data if curve does not line up.

Difference between (in-depth) calibrating MV vs calibrating DSF and when each is appropriate.

Why we should calibrate MV vs manipulating / changing BC (if using BC vs custom curve).

Discuss custom curves and when using a custom curve what is the best way to true data if curve does not line up.
^^^ THIS

An intro for those interested in acquiring one with a practical view of the various models highlighting critical features vs non-critical. Compatibility / linking, etc. Looking forward to it - Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: CraigT
Two thoughts. A start off instructional for new owners. truing based on different parameters, adjusting bc vs speed

I didn’t know there were such online classes! Will certainly sign up!

Everytime I listen to a podcast or watch a video going over the Kestrel I learn something so anything is good for me and I'd sign up.