• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel w/Atrag

m1a convert

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2003
Idaho Falls
I have a Kestrel already. Does the Horus Atrag software only work with Horus recticles?

I have Loadbase for software and shoot Premier Gen 2 reticles.

Would this set up allow me to get all my firing solutions automatically given to me?

Re: Kestrel w/Atrag

Atrag is not specific to Horus reticles.

In a nut shell, think of this system as a weather station and ballistic calc in one package.

Again not specific to any one type of reticle or setup.

Thank OP for asking and thanks Knight for replying. Even looking at the produce website it's not always easy for newbies to figure this out.

Not a problem. I guess when you hear the name Horus you immediately think of their reticles.

Just something to think about... Take a mil bases Horus reticle:

Just because it looks different from say a standard mildot doesn't change the fact that they are both mil based. The Atrag doesnt show you a picture of a H37 and tell you where to hold, it will act as a ballistic calc and tell you that you need 3 mils to hit a 500 yard target your 308 given the current atmospheric conditions (or whatever it may be).

Hold or dial your choice, 3 mils is 3 mils no matter what reticle you are looking at.

The beauty in this set up is that you dont have to input the data into the ballistic calc after looking at your kestrel... its already there. Conditions are monitored and updated so there is no need to pull out your calc and kestrel and change numbers.

I could be wrong but I believe they used unicorn blood to make this... thats the only reasonable explanation I can produce

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1a convert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How good is the Atrag software? </div></div>

Haven't had the chance to use it yet, but from what I have heard it seems to be receiving high remarks.

Maybe someone who has it will chime in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1a convert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How good is the Atrag software? </div></div>

Haven't had the chance to use it yet, but from what I have heard it seems to be receiving high remarks.

Maybe someone who has it will chime in. </div></div>

The 2 guys that won the International Sniper Competition at Ft. Benning used the Atrag to dope their rifles a couple days before the shoot. I read a short write up by one of the guys. At the moment, I can't find it. They had good things to say about all of the equipment they used.

I have used Loadbase, Field Firing Solutions and Atrag (work) along with several other programs and if I was going to recommend one for a Mobile Application it would be Field Firing Solutions. Loadbase is probably one of the best for gun geeks as a Desktop program, but Field Firing Solutions is a better Mobile Program (IMO). They'll all work, but ATRAG has a few things I don't like and it costs more then the rest.
If you already have Loadbase you should be able to setup a PDA with it pretty easily.

Best price I have seen with no blue tooth is 589.00 anyone know of a better deal?

We sell them for $589. Let me know if we can be of any hel in getting you the unit.

Thanks