• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kevin O'Leary on CNBC.

Did you spend your Covid bucks or send that back to the treasury?

You can pay trillions for all kinda bullshit but the ONE thing that actually helps the nation, education; People get bent out of shape over.

GOV created the problem, they should own it and eat it.

I didn't get COVID bucks and I sadly didn't put in the work to create a company out of the the ether to scam myself a few million under the radar.

But, as a conservative, I do strongly believe college is FAR TO EXPENSIVE. We need to find a way to REDUCE TUITION. I would like to go into a graduate program for something I would be very good at and would contribute a lot to society for, but $90K in just tuition for 2-years? I can't.

Then there's the insistence - still - that we take almost 2-years of bullshit "liberal arts classes" that have nothing to do with our degree. There should be standard 3-year bachelors degrees where, sure, you take a few fluff 100-level classes to find yourself, but then you get your ass to work on your Business or Engineering or Science or History or whatever degree with potential to be done within 2 years if you do summer school. When I went to college, I was fucking required to take a "extra-curricular" course which, for me, ended up being mother fucking bowling. BOWLING!

And when you're done with a STEM degree (and are an American citizen), I'm happy to see 50% of student loans wiped if you do something like create a patent for an American company or find a cure for something... hard to administer but people will go through the hoops for 50% back. We need STEM graduates in this country. Nothing else. We need engineers, scientists, and the like working in America for American interests.

I'm personally not opposed to an associates degree being free to obtain as long as you do so within 2 years and at a 3.0 GPA or higher. Associates degrees can be where people go to "find out what they want to do". But if I go into some kind of Bachelor program, student should not be required to take BOWLING unless their degree is in... Bowling. And I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a BA in Bowling soon.

Last edited:
I didn't get COVID bucks and I sadly didn't put in the work to create a company out of the the ether to scam myself a few million under the radar.

But, as a conservative, I do strongly believe college is FAR TO EXPENSIVE. We need to find a way to REDUCE TUITION. I would like to go into a graduate program for something I would be very good at and would contribute a lot to society for, but $90K in just tuition for 2-years? I can't.

Then there's the insistance - still - that we take almost 2-years of bullshit "liberal arts classes" that have nothing to do with our degree. There should be standard 3-year bachelors degrees where, sure, you take a few fluff 100-level classes to find yourself, but then you get your ass to work on your Business or Engineering or Science or History or whatever degree with potential to be done within 2 years if you do summer school. When I went to college, I was fucking required to take a "extra-curricular" course which, for me, ended up being mother fucking bowling. BOWLING!

I'm personally not opposed to an associates degree being free to obtain as long as you do so within 2 years and at a 3.0 GPA or higher. Associates degrees can be where people go to "find out what they want to do". But if I go into some kind of Bachelor program, student should not be required to take BOWLING unless their degree is in... Bowling. And I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a BA in Bowling soon.
I scored very high on my gmats so I had a GA otherwise, 140k for 2yrs was out of touch. I also cashed in all my stock options, sold car, boat etc and went full time. No loans etc etc. It can be done but people have to make tough choices.

the problem with education is everyone feels entitled to it, labor jobs are beneath everyone in certain areas and parents don't manage their kids expectations or abilities.

you took the loan, you pay for it! you don't like it, go to votech and do something else.

Not everyone gets a worthless degree. You need to encourage people to get education in sciences, business, economics, medicine ect.

Its class warfare. Same shit they always do to divide everyone.

Get those who never went to school pissed at those who could get free/reduced education.
Get those who paid for their schooling pissed at those who could get free/forgiven loans.

All the fucking money this country wastes on dumb shit that actually hurts it, and people getting wound up about education, that is free in many western countries for example.

the world needs ditch diggers too. the real problem is if EVERYONE goes to college to get some STEM degree, not everyone can work in the STEM fields. someone has to run the coffee shop, mow the lawns, dig the ditches, etc.

we need to stop encouraging EVERYONE with a pulse to go to college and pay $100k for some degree. go to work after high school instead. some people need to do that. the english and art history degrees of the world just guarantee you're working at starbucks with $150k debt on your back.

Reactions: Bender
entitlement is the issue

stop tipping when pick up milk, get a coffee, etc etc and leave tipping to people who actually work for a living.

I scored very high on my gmats so I had a GA otherwise, 140k for 2yrs was out of touch. I also cashed in all my stock options, sold car, boat etc and went full time. No loans etc etc. It can be done but people have to make tough choices.

the problem with education is everyone feels entitled to it, labor jobs are beneath everyone in certain areas and parents don't manage their kids expectations or abilities.

you took the loan, you pay for it! you don't like it, go to votech and do something else.
I agree if you took the loan, you pay for it. I agree that labor jobs are considered that way.

I strongly believe, though, that if it's a STEM degree - which we need - there needs to be incentivization for American citizens only who choose to work in the United States. Start small: STEM graduates that go work for a government agency with "meets expectations" employee reviews get their tuition refunded back after 5-years or something or over the course of 10-years, they get 1/10 of their tuition back at each tax filing. We need to stoke the fire for STEM graduates here or we're fucked. Plus that kind of tax solution would encourage a lot of wealth investment activity.

Reactions: tomcatmv
They are trying to get us angry and to hate more.
Lol. Hate who more, the government and the thieves and todies who inhabit it? Nice try, but I've been maxed out for years. The moment it lets go it's fucking on like Donkey Kong.
anger-gif-inside-out-1.gif

the world needs ditch diggers too. the real problem is if EVERYONE goes to college to get some STEM degree, not everyone can work in the STEM fields. someone has to run the coffee shop, mow the lawns, dig the ditches, etc.

we need to stop encouraging EVERYONE with a pulse to go to college and pay $100k for some degree. go to work after high school instead. some people need to do that. the english and art history degrees of the world just guarantee you're working at starbucks with $150k debt on your back.
Just make college a whole lot harder. Right now most college degrees are essentially six figure participation trophies.

I want to see 50% pass rates. No extra credit, no bullshit and no excuses. If you fail you fail. You just pissed away the last two to four years and enough dough to wreck your finances for the next decade. Get your shit together and get back on the horse or accept that college isn't for you and move on.

If you graduate, congratulations. Your degree actually means something. It has value that will be recognized by prospective employers everywhere.

I have a bunch of degrees, but only because they're required for licensure in my field. Otherwise, they're a gigantic waste of time and money. I'm sure as hell not pushing a college education on my kids.

Its not entitlement. You NEED professionals. That's the bottom line.

Nurses, MD's, JD's, Engineers, Accountants, Physicists, ect. The cost is not doable for the VAST majority of students. Its a national health and security issues.

Fuck paying for it. Everyone else is getting rich off the "passthrough" of gov dollars to greedy educational institutions. What the actual student gets for their money is a shitty value and they are just the conduit for this transfer of money.

You are basically putting a gun to the head of a young kid to make a decision that will impact the rest of their life and while everyone has told them they have to go to college. Everyone has lied and mislead the kid who is not even capable of making sound financial or life decisions at that point in their life but fuck them they can pay right?

Just make college a whole lot harder. Right now most college degrees are essentially six figure participation trophies.

I want to see 50% pass rates. No extra credit, no bullshit and no excuses. If you fail you fail. You just pissed away the last two to four years and enough dough to wreck your finances for the next decade. Get your shit together and get back on the horse or accept that college isn't for you and move on.

If you graduate, congratulations. Your degree actually means something. It has value that will be recognized by prospective employers everywhere.

I have a bunch of degrees, but only because they're required for licensure in my field. Otherwise, they're a gigantic waste of time and money. I'm sure as hell not pushing a college education on my kids.
When you thought the thread could not get any more retarded, You show up.

This is not BUDS or SFAS. The point of education is personal growth and career development.

You should probally get a refund on all those degrees. Critical thinking was obviously never taught to you.

Its not entitlement. You NEED professionals. That's the bottom line.

Nurses, MD's, JD's, Engineers, Accountants, Physicists, ect. The cost is not doable for the VAST majority of students. Its a national health and security issues.

Fuck paying for it. Everyone else is getting rich off the "passthrough" of gov dollars to greedy educational institutions. What the actual student gets for their money is a shitty value and they are just the conduit for this transfer of money.

You are basically putting a gun to the head of a young kid to make a decision that will impact the rest of their life and while everyone has told them they have to go to college. Everyone has lied and mislead the kid who is not even capable of making sound financial or life decisions at that point in their life but fuck them they can pay right?
slowdown george, apples and oranges to what I said and your response points to an intimation that wasn't present. As someone that tries to come off as so intellectually superior to those in the room, I'm somewhat surprised you look so bad here

Oh a young "adult" making poor decisions.......its almost like there is a pattern.

Hrm
again, it's not the young adult per se but the parenting. No hs kid should dictate the school or course of study without significant input from parents. I've seen first hand how parents just say, 'it's what he/she wants to do, what can I do'

this discussion is getting stupid

entitlement
lack of parenting
inability to understand basic finances
immaturity going into adulthood
system that self feeds

I was adjunct prof in a top graduate business school for 8yrs. young adults today are far less prepared for the world than I was, less intelligent, lack real problem solving skills, cannot communicate well, no common sense, and want it easy

change my mind lol

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
again, it's not the young adult per se but the parenting. No hs kid should dictate the school or course of study without significant input from parents. I've seen first hand how parents just say, 'it's what he/she wants to do, what can I do'

this discussion is getting stupid

entitlement
lack of parenting
inability to understand basic finances
immaturity going into adulthood
system that self feeds

I was adjunct prof in a top graduate business school for 8yrs. young adults today are far less prepared for the world than I was, less intelligent, lack real problem solving skills, cannot communicate well, no common sense, and want it easy

change my mind lol
Oh Parenting. So now a kid is responsible for their shitty parents?

You know, Kids having kids, having kids with no real role models or anyone to teach them.

Or the kids without parents?

So what your saying is I get shitty advice from the people I am supposed to have the most trust and expecting them to look out for me (parents, teachers, coaches, councilors,ect) and I should be locked into massive debt that will be extremely hard to recover from and cannot even be discharged in court like ANY other debt?

I think we are saying the same things. Young "adults" are not mentally capable, financially literate or have enough life experience to make sound decisions that will impact their rest of their lives.

Maturity and "adulthood" is being delayed even more than ever, making the age when one actually becomes an adult higher than ever (Hrm almost like the studies showing Males do not have a fully developed brain until 25 means something)

And people want to say fuck those kids, they made the decision they can live with it. To those people , I say fuck you you ignorant, dumb fucks.

The system was designed to screw them over. So fuck the system, let it collapse and let them own it. Education is one of the few gov expedetures where the nation actually gets something out of it. But like anything gov, even the good shit is bloated and full of waste/fraud/abuse.

So when I say yea, student loans should be forgiven (Mine are all paid off BTW), this is why. It was a shitty deal that preyed on people who should not have been put in that position. The gov can waste trillions on all kinds of faggotry and just keep printing, they might as well eat this cost too.

Oh Parenting. So now a kid is responsible for their shitty parents?

You know, Kids having kids, having kids with no real role models or anyone to teach them.

Or the kids without parents?

So what your saying is I get shitty advice from the people I am supposed to have the most trust and expecting them to look out for me (parents, teachers, coaches, councilors,ect) and I should be locked into massive debt that will be extremely hard to recover from and cannot even be discharged in court like ANY other debt?

I think we are saying the same things. Young "adults" are not mentally capable, financially literate or have enough life experience to make sound decisions that will impact their rest of their lives.

Maturity and "adulthood" is being delayed even more than ever, making the age when one actually becomes an adult higher than ever (Hrm almost like the studies showing Males do not have a fully developed brain until 25 means something)

And people want to say fuck those kids, they made the decision they can live with it. To those people , I say fuck you you ignorant, dumb fucks.

The system was designed to screw them over. So fuck the system, let it collapse and let them own it. Education is one of the few gov expedetures where the nation actually gets something out of it. But like anything gov, even the good shit is bloated and full of waste/fraud/abuse.

So when I say yea, student loans should be forgiven (Mine are all paid off BTW), this is why. It was a shitty deal that preyed on people who should not have been put in that position. The gov can waste trillions on all kinds of faggotry and just keep printing, they might as well eat this cost too.
you're just all over the place

dude, log off and go do something as your faux intellect is appallingly bad. News for you, myopic viewpoints are seldom right and you can't fit everything you want to say into every conversation.

you make this board dumber actually

When you thought the thread could not get any more retarded, You show up.

This is not BUDS or SFAS. The point of education is personal growth and career development.

You should probally get a refund on all those degrees. Critical thinking was obviously never taught to you.
As an employer, I couldn’t care less about “personal growth” or “career development,” whatever the hell that means.

I care about a candidate’s ability to perform in the position he or she is applying for. All my staff (save for the office manager) clears six figures within 12 months.
That comes out of my pocket, along with payroll taxes, retirement contributions and benefits.

In my experience over the last decade as HMFIC, college degrees mean absolutely nothing nowadays. I’ve had applicants from Wake Forest and Brown university with accounting degrees that failed the CPA exam three and four times. Brown is an Ivy League college. This is unacceptable.

What, exactly, is your problem with my proposal? Are you one of those half assed entitled grads? Or are you just clueless and talking out of your ass?

Nurses, MD's, JD's, Engineers, Accountants, Physicists, ect. The cost is not doable for the VAST majority of students.

Those professions make quite a living. I get that the cost of the education is high and there’s no doubt that the students themselves aren’t at fault for the predatory lending that’s passed out like candy. The system broke somewhere way up the chain and not the folks going to school. But why can’t a doctor or lawyer or engineer pay back their student loans? And why should anyone other than the graduate be on the hook for their 7 years to get a MA in Early Shakespearean Lit? College grads are far and away the highest earners amongst us, (unless they choose some pointless, useless degree) but we’re being flogged for not wanting to pay their way 🤨

Don’t get me wrong, I see your point and how you came to it, but I can’t come to the same POV. I’m not looking to change anyone’s mind, but it seems we agree on at least a few of these tenets: do away with the predatory lending. Low or no interest. An actual standard of performance that leads to meaningful contribution. Someway to lower the cost of education without massive gov intervention.

Lord knows we need kids to be educated. Just not indoctrinated. That’s what we’d be paying for if these loans were “forgiven.”

There are multiple reasons why men are not as likely to attend college, both cultural and economic, but one important reason is concerning: The return on investment for receiving a college degree has declined or turned negative, especially for men.

There are multiple reasons why men are not as likely to attend college, both cultural and economic, but one important reason is concerning: The return on investment for receiving a college degree has declined or turned negative, especially for men.

all the focus on women and minorities leaves white men sol!

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
As an employer, I couldn’t care less about “personal growth” or “career development,” whatever the hell that means.

I care about a candidate’s ability to perform in the position he or she is applying for. All my staff (save for the office manager) clears six figures within 12 months.
That comes out of my pocket, along with payroll taxes, retirement contributions and benefits.

In my experience over the last decade as HMFIC, college degrees mean absolutely nothing nowadays. I’ve had applicants from Wake Forest and Brown university with accounting degrees that failed the CPA exam three and four times. Brown is an Ivy League college. This is unacceptable.

What, exactly, is your problem with my proposal? Are you one of those half assed entitled grads? Or are you just clueless and talking out of your ass?
When hiring, I can’t remember the last time I looked at where someone did or did not go to school if they had more than 6-12 months of experience. Personally the half life of a diploma is 12 months max. If you dont have solid experience after that I am not interested. If you do have experience in that 12 month period that is what I am interested in.

After working at places like Apple, Intel, etc and directly for C level folks, for the BOD ,and at companies with 235000+ employees, I have had plenty of lawyers, CPA’s, phd’s, etc on staff. In every case I have had legal researchers out perform lawyers, smart people out deliver 6 sigma certified folks, book keepers find errors CPA’s created, self taught “coders” out produce/create those with degrees in “computer science “. I agree with Vinnies comment about what one produces being the most important.

One of the most effective people I ever knew was a kid at Intel. Very little schooling and he was always fixing design problems created by scientists, engineers, mathematician’s.

Honestly, school, even in STEM, is less about solving problems and more about indoctrination. I was helping one of the grandkids with math a few weeks ago. He complained that the help I gave him was wrong according to his teacher. Pretty remedial stuff….. simply solve an equation. But the teacher had them simply solving left to right and not looking at addition/subtraction vs multiplication/division.

Not knocking any one that thinks a diploma is important. Just don’t expect a lot of hiring managers to be in love with your diploma as you are.

Same situation. I had just divorced my first ex-wife and decided to get my MS. Being freshly divorced, there was very little money in the savings account and her fucking lawyer made sure I already had sold toys. I scored well and was awarded a GA position. Tuition was free plus I got something like $650/month. My rent was $450/mo. I did supplement that doing other stuff like check ID's at the door and some overnight covert security at a couple plalces but I lived on a strict budget. It was a tough 2 years. No student loan though.

For anyone that still pays for Dr. Evil's service this is worth a watch:

He covers much of the problem with higher education and forcing people into schools that aren't suited for them in the name of "diversity".

Reactions: Bender
No its not but a 17 or 18 year old is not mentaly capable or finacnialy litterate enough to understand what they are getting their selves into. Add an entire system designed to rape them an enrich school systems, IMO they should not be saddled with the bag of debt that can't even be discharged in bankruptcy.

The system has caused the cost to skyrocket to the point its very hard to pay back, even if you get a great job out of school. Its not 20+ years ago where you could go to school and work part time to pay off the cost. That ship sailed.

The male brain does not even fully develop until 25.

Thats why the military likes them young, dumb and impressionable.
You know who did this.

Its class warfare. Same shit they always do to divide everyone.

Get those who never went to school pissed at those who could get free/reduced education.
Get those who paid for their schooling pissed at those who could get free/forgiven loans.

All the fucking money this country wastes on dumb shit that actually hurts it, and people getting wound up about education, that is free in many western countries for example.
I would argue that “education” has lead us here. The outcomes of adults and today are intentional, they where taught and learned.

'Higher Education' is merely a jobs program. More and more useless majors added which are useless in the real world, at a price which forces many to mortgage their future for the sake of the tenured commie profs. Another government-backed system that needs to be dismantled for the common good.

“Free education”, just like Europe.

That’s what we should definitely aspire to be like - Europe.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Well when it comes to education, its rooted in making the wealthy a more well rounded and educated person.

The classical Liberal Education would take someone with little schooling from a background of money (If you could afford college 100+ years ago and forgo working, your family had money) and allow them to understand how the world worked at that time and its history.

It taught you the arts, economics, science, politics, philosophy, law, ect. You did not go to college to become a businessman or orator.

Overtime it has morphed into primarily a career pathway for most. You can still get that classical education from places like ST. Johns or Reed College or wherever, but it wouldn't make sense unless money was not an issue.

Now that people from every economic background can go to college, its no longer a place to learn the classics and learn how to be a Baron, Lord or Duke.

Another good thread to sniff out the retards.

“ have the gov eat it “

Who the hell do you think funds the gov.

Want to make change? Have the colleges eat it.

You sir are a class 1 dumbass.
Only a retard doesn't understand that gov debt is not real its just fake money they keep printing.

If you take the total unfunded liabilities of the US government and divide it by every single swinging dick, twat and He/she in the USA, It results in a debt amount of about $2,000,000+ per person. This cannot and will not ever be paid.

They are printing trillions they don't have , every year and you fucking clowns are acting like you will have to pay for Sally's Law degree when you aren't even paying for a million other fucking things that are more egregious.

The fucking piddly federal taxes you pay each year do not even cover the interest on the debt service.

Talk about stupidity.

If you have shitty parents who never taught you about the world then maybe if you are dumb and impressible, which is a requirement for a libtard.

Its easy to make generalizations but conservatives still somehow make it through these evil institutions each year and go on to have very success lives in their chosen discipline. In fact, learning to deal with the liberal bullshit at a younger age will help them in the real world, where you gota be careful about what you say to who, and how to politic.

I went to a very left leaning school and still had a few hard right professions (Business school). I enjoyed watching him argue with students how global warming was bullshit, and every single one of his classes filled up first. You also may change some per-concieved notions and learn some stuff along the way. I learned alot by slaying liberal chicks for 5 years.

I will be forever grateful to my guidance counselor for his honesty. Told me I was a fuck up, and would likely end up in jail. Wouldn’t even discuss college with me.

That man saved me so much money.

Its easy to make generalizations but conservatives still somehow make it through these evil institutions each year and go on to have very success lives in their chosen discipline.
And somehow aren't begging daddy gov for a handout afterwards.

Its life changing to realize that knowledge is something you build, while education is something that happens to you.