• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Key Mo accuracy?

Triton225

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2019
Thinking about getting a Nomad 30, for bolt gun and some AR use. (Omega 30 is crossing my mind too)
How is the accuracy using the Key mo system with keymo MD's? (POI shift, return to zero, and just plain ole group size)
Seen some mention the plan A and Plan b, not to familiar to me though.

Just wanted to point out the obvious. The Nomad-30 is a direct thread suppressor. It doesn't come with the Key-Mo QD mount. Were you planning to add it?

Keymo is a taper system, so it's similar in function to all the other tapers (Plan A/B, TBAC, etc) that are known to be repeatable and solid in general.
I'm a huge fan of Keymo and haven't had any issues with return to zero, group size, etc (Sandman-K and a keymo converted AAC M4-1000).
I haven't really tested POI shift as I don't shoot without the silencer. That's also dependent on the weight of the silencer and I'm running a Sandman-K which would be different than the Nomad and such (as well as barrel thickness and such)

Yes, will definitely add key mo or whatever qd system, for convenience of swapping guns.

I haven't had any accuracy issues with KeyMo. Locks up tight every time.

I just got my Nomad out of jail and have the Q Plan-B and cherry bombs. So far accuracy is good, POI shift going from unsuppressed to suppressed wasn't too bad. I'll check reproducibilty this weekend and report back, but I expect it to be fine.

I dont have a Nomad, but I do have a Sandman L. The Key Mo is the best QD mounting system out there in my opinion. It's rock solid and repeatable. It uses a taper mount which has been mentioned so there's no chance of it getting carbon locked. A friend has the Omega 30. It's an outstanding suppressor but he's had some issues with the ASR mount. His sleeve separated from the suppressor core. Nothing some rocksett didn't fix.

I shoot/hunt with a Sandman S and L regularly. Both lock up solid every time, have a consistent POI shift every time, with no impact to accuracy. I would expect the same from a Nomad with the KeyMo mount.

Just wanted to point out the obvious. The Nomad-30 is a direct thread suppressor. It doesn't come with the Key-Mo QD mount. Were you planning to add it?

False. It ships with a removable direct thread insert. You can run keymo all day.

I run keymo on all my accuracy International barrels..... No poi or group issues

Attachments

• 20200328_162839.jpg
    20200328_162839.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 76
False. It ships with a removable direct thread insert. You can run keymo all day.

I run keymo on all my accuracy International barrels..... No poi or group issues

I never said he couldn't add key-mo to it. Just that when you purchase it is in direct thread configuration. So if he wants Key-mo he needs to add the adapter and muzzle device.

No issues with key mo here on ARs, AIs, SRSs.

Looking to pick up a Nomad soon myself I’m liking the suppression of the L.