• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Keystone Accuracy Barrel Sale

To much that I should check to see if its not to late to change? Put the order in last week.
If you plan to run you ammunition really long I think it would be good.

I’m kinda interested in a chamber like that to run 2.3-2.4 oal in a bolt action.

Reactions: jsimonh
.223 wylde 7wist is optimal for 75 eld. I've been shooting a bunch of Keystone 7 twist Krieger 223 wilde with 75 Eld. .115 freebore is gonna be for much longer heavier bullets

When I originally ordered it I wanted to shoot the bigger longer heavies, but I didn't realize there was a limit on bullet weight for the Tactical class. I'm not a Tac class shooter, but figured I set it up that way just in case I decided to give it a go. I just called and left a voice mail.

Thats weird....I have the exact same chamber on more than one barrel and I get 2.49 to the lands with 75 ELD-M and 2.505" to the lands with 80 ELD.

Interesting. I have not noticed a difference between the front end of the 75 vs 80. Only difference between the two being length of bearing surface. When seating on the same die they seat to the exact same length, just the 80 stick into the case more.

I still have both at home and will look again.

Speeds with the 80’s?

80's are my favorite and what I shoot the most out of my 223 bolt gun. Out of a 26" Kreiger 1:7 I throw 80 Amax's @ 2855 with 24.6gr Varget 0.015" off the lands. I also have a few thousand Berger 80 VLD that shoot lights out also with 24.6gr Varget but the are 2907

When I originally ordered it I wanted to shoot the bigger longer heavies, but I didn't realize there was a limit on bullet weight for the Tactical class. I'm not a Tac class shooter, but figured I set it up that way just in case I decided to give it a go. I just called and left a voice mail.

He emailed me after I left the voice mail and changed my chamber specs to the standard Wylde chamber.

Got the last 6.5 8 twist Krieger barrel in stock.

This will be my first barrel replacement

Got the last 6.5 8 twist Krieger barrel in stock.

This will be my first barrel replacement

Well damn should have ordered sooner.

You'll be happy. I have a krieger for my 6.5 from John and it shoots amazing.

If you plan to run you ammunition really long I think it would be good.

I’m kinda interested in a chamber like that to run 2.3-2.4 oal in a bolt action.
My experience is I have the pva wylde chamber and my 75 elds measure 2.442 vast majority with the max oddball out to 2.447 at touching lengths via wheeler method in the new barrel, so the absolute just kissing point. I seat off the lands .025-.030 so I have 2.415 up to 2.420 as my loaded oals. That equates to 1.873 +\-.002 on the hornady comparator ogive where I seat them. I haven’t had to chase the lands yet at idk, 800-1k rounds and it’s still shooting well? I’ll know exactly when this next halfish way box is empty. In either case I have lots of space and the criterion .090 would be just fine, the .110 free bores would be fine and I would still have a little room to chase with this bullet and stay inside the sanded kit accurate mag 2.550 max length.

And I have this for my ruger keystone barreled rifle I sold, wish I had the rifle and/or bullets still to get the actual oals instead of just the ogive because I rarely record the oals. Only got the aboves tonight because I wanted to contribute to the thread what I have in hand. The rdfs with the .100 longer touch point still easily fit in the sanded 2.550 accurate mag extended lips.
70AFDA52-F75D-4250-906A-11C9146E4403.jpeg

Last edited:
He's doing 6GT now too, has to buy the reamer though. No experience with his barrels but so far his response has been great, even on the weekends.

Do they do AI prefits? That's a great price for a Krieger prefit with muzzle threads.
Note that the price does not apply for AXMC M30 tenon barrels due to larger tenon. John had initially responded to my inquiry about 2 AXMC barrels on this sale. by saying that he could do them. Then when I called to order I was told he couldn't and that they'd cost $xx more than his regular barrel pricing so not on sale at all.

Reactions: verdugo60
they seem like very nice people to deal with, very responsive to email....i too am waiting for the next batch of 6.5 barrels to come in.

I'm trying to resist a fast 22 barrel and a 6GT for a TL3
I’d like to get another 260 barrel and maybe a 6mm pea shooter at some point.

Was shooting the Berger 168 hunters in my 7 saum barrel I got from keystone last year on Sunday.
A fairly mild load and a pleasure to shoot that still smoked my 260 performance.

My Bartlein 1:7 220TB serves everything I need throwing 90smk's @ 3030 and shooting 0.5moa @ 1000yds.. but I realllyyyyy want a 22br...grrr

Try the 85.5s yet??

Got my 223 barrel in and mounted up. Loaded 75gr eldm's to mag length and shot a bunch of groups with 24gr Precision powder from Shooters World. Didnt chrono or anything like that but 5 out of the 6 groups were just under .5 moa and the one that wasnt was the very first group at .6 moa. I think its gonna be a sweet shooter and I'm pumped about finally having a "trainer" that's cheaper to shoot.

View attachment 7289033

I need to talk to him about what 260 chambers he has pretty soon.
My current barrel is certainly getting up there in round count.

That’s some pretty interesting beef jerky
Plenty tasty without going overboard on the spices.

When do you typically pull your 260 barrels? I’m at 2k on my factory barrel and still capable of shooting 1/2 minute out to 800.

Borescoped the new barrel yesterday. Sexy af

When do you typically pull your 260 barrels? I’m at 2k on my factory barrel and still capable of shooting 1/2 minute out to 800.

Borescoped the new barrel yesterday. Sexy af
I’ve gotten 3000+ on my last two.
They lost a good bit of speed and you had to clean them on a regular schedule as they started to foul.
Both of them still held moa if you kept them clean.

I bore scoped my first brux, flawless!

I’ve gotten 3000+ on my last two.
They lost a good bit of speed and you had to clean them on a regular schedule as they started to foul.
Both of them still held moa if you kept them clean.

I bore scoped my first brux, flawless!
That’s about what I was figuring. I’ll run it the rest of the year then swap it.

7 mm Magical pony magnum
Aka 7mm midget magnum
Aka 7 saum

Haha, nice. Hope it shoots magic pony fart pills real good. I'm thinking that might be a good caliber in my bighorn origin short action once I get my other barrels done.

I have a Krieger 6GT barrel that should be shipping next week for it.

Just a follow up to the KA barrel I bought. Finally got around to working up a load for it. Tried 75eldms without much luck and moved on to Berger Fullbores. 23.5gr Varget 5 thousands off the lands. My previous best group was a 10 shot just over .3 with my old Dasher. Shot this 8 shot group tonight.

Ballistic-X-Export-2020-09-17 20:51:18.259702.png

Attachments

• 20200917_195925.jpg
    20200917_195925.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 23