• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Khalsa Gen3 k624i or S&B 3-20 Ultrashort

.50 Cal Cow

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 10, 2011
    West Grove, PA
    I just bought a Kahles k624i with left side windage and skmr3 reticle and have the opportunity to trade it for a S&B US 3-20 US with P4F reticle for almost a wash. i really like the Kahles and am hesitant to take the trade offer on as I've never beenseen and ultrashort to know how I'd like it or the reticle. Does anyone have both or experience with both that could give me insite as to whether the trade is a no brained or not so much.

I'm not a mag whore but I don't like ultrafine reticle on a low end either. If I like how the Kahles is at 6x will I be okay with the S&B at around that range?

The skmr3 and P4F are vastly different designs - on the upside you should be able to sell the US and go back to the Kahles if that's what you decide - it's more difficult to go the other way.

Agree with BP. You can get rid of the US if you don’t like it and be able to get back into the 624i.
    I have a 5-20US but with the h59. My old one had the P4F and I liked it for hunting. The reticle is personal preference. I’ve recently converted from tree reticles to the Mil-c and haven’t missed them much. Yet.

Thanks for the replies. Problem solved. Guy had a better offer given. He gave me first crack but I told him to go with the other offer. I guess upfront the features on the Kahles seem like they will be great to have in its future use and its been so easy to get behind as I've been playing around with it. Maybe if I ever get behind a US I can decide then if it would be what I need and just find one then but one in the hand two in the bush for now.

Thanks again for the insight as it otherwise seems like it would've been spot on.