• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Khaybes Kahles K624i

Re: Khaybes Kahles K624i

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God damn it. I knew I wanted another Schmidt and Bender, but then this came along, and it's cheaper, and with Frank's review... what to do?

</div></div>

Get both.

The Kahles are very nice scopes!

Mike @ CST

I just ordered one and should have it tomorrow. When it arrives Ill put it beside my Bender and start a thread to let yall know how I think it stacks up. To be continued...

Curious about what y'all think about the target scopes? How do they stack up being 1,000 less then the tactical? I know their second focal plane and may not handle as much abuse as the tactical scope but how do they compare in clarity given the price difference?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered one and should have it tomorrow. When it arrives Ill put it beside my Bender and start a thread to let yall know how I think it stacks up. To be continued... </div></div>
And is the continuing going to start soon?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: axeltow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered one and should have it tomorrow. When it arrives Ill put it beside my Bender and start a thread to let yall know how I think it stacks up. To be continued... </div></div>
And is the continuing going to start soon?</div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...394#Post3453394

HAHA, thanks Jason you are quick on the trigger
grin.gif
!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHA, thanks Jason you are quick on the trigger
grin.gif
!</div></div>

I didn't get 14,000 posts by sitting on my hands!!
laugh.gif

New guy and first post. I got lucky at Cabelas of all places and picked up a $400 Remmy 700 ADL .243 topped with a vintage Kahles Helia Super 6S2. The rifle action is the base for a build. Meanwhile, I've gotten a chance to check out the fixed-power Kahles and WOW the thing is a light gathering monster. I'm going to find a 26mm quick disconnect mount and have fun with it on the AR. The hogs are already scared. Ther scope has a couple of light scratches/marks, but it alone is worth the $400. The 4A reicle should pick up running pids and coyotes with ease.

The scope impressed me so much, I bought a new-in-box 1" tubed 3-9x42 with a plex reticle. It will be for use as a trade or mounting on a future rifle. Getting a rifle built is expensive, so I'll probably end up trading the vari-power scope. New Kahles are out of my league, but there no disputing the fact the optics are topnotch. I'd just like the chance to look through their new scopes.

Could someone give info on the real (rather than marked) minimum focus distance on these.

I'm aware they're marked at minimum 50m.

I've been told by one person that 'real' is 40m. Another person told me '18m'.

I can't get hands-on easily.

Grateful for opinions and confirmation of minimum focus distance.

Thanks!

Kahles K624i vs Nightforce ATACR

Well, I think I have narrowed it down to two but I am afraid someone is going to throw another one into the mix. I've heard great praise about both and I would love the experience of a side-by-side test O&M my Bad News .338LM. Anybody know how I could do that or could give me their objective opinions?

Dave
"Spud"