• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kidd + Rimfire Technologies ?

fish30114

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2010
Canton Georgia
Does anybody know if a Rimfire Technologies mag release will work on a Kid trigger group? I am leaning toward the Kid trigger group and bolt handle + their receiver pin kit, but really like the idea of the 'pull' style mag release from RF...

wish Kid made a factory contour barrel
crazy.gif

Re: Kidd + Rimfire Technologies ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fish301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody know if a Rimfire Technologies mag release will work on a Kid trigger group? I am leaning toward the Kid trigger group and bolt handle + their receiver pin kit, but really like the idea of the 'pull' style mag release from RF...

<span style="font-weight: bold">wish Kid made a factory contour barrel</span>
crazy.gif
</div></div>

My reworked factory bbl from RFT shoots very well, rivals 452/MKII, and can still feed bulk ammo.

Kidd triggers are diffrent mechanicly than Rugers. The Rimfire technologies fits ruger trigger groups.
My guess is "no" they do not fit.

clodhopper, you are pretty close to right. I spoke to RT and they haven't actually installed one, but feel that their 'pull' mag release WILL work with the single stage trigger from KID, but NOT the two stage trigger from KID.

He did state that every other Ruger trigger group/reciever combo he was aware of would accept their mag release. It just seems so counterintuitive to push on a release when every other release I have is pulled toward the shooter to release the mag, AND, as RT states in their description, why would you want to push your release and hand forward into the area where the mag drops??

Still trying to decide on which combo to go with, KID single stage and RT release, or KID two stage and their version of the Ruger push forward release, OR maybe RT rigger group--although I forgot to ask them what kind of pull weights their trigger has.....

Anyone running an RT trigger group--opinions, input??

How about anyone who has tried the KID and the RT in comparison??